Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bios Settings for 8KHA+

• 26-05-2002 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

Hello!

I have now got a duron 1200, and the above mobo, and 128 MB of DDR ram. I'd be interested in hearing how I should tweak the bios settings. Also, what are the overclocking possibilities here (if any)? And what voltage settings should I have?

At boot up, the cpu temp is 46 C, is this anything to worry about? i have a copper based taisol in there. i have MBM running but it only seems to give me the system temp, which stays around 26 C when I'm messing around on the desktop. While I'm here, what are the handy run commands for win 98? I'm referring to the disabling of what proggies start at boot up etc. I've been away from my own pc so long my maintenance knowledge has returned to zero...

Other info: 350W PSU....Herc kyro 2 4500...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Someone move to HW Tweaking. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

ok, well for tweaking the memory settings you need to reduce the various timings, like cas, ras to cas delay, ras precharge, etc. Set bank interleaving to 4x. Change these settings one at a time so you know what is causing crashes. And test with with the programs from this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50373

memtest86 and cpuburn. Follow quigs snrs instructions for running memtest86. I use cpuburn myself because it is very quick at answering the question "Is this going to be stable or not".
    Try running burnbx, though it doesn't work on all amd boards. This stresses out your memory and chipset, in case you have increased the fsb to something out of spec for the board, eg 133mhz. Burnk7 will work for you though. It will stress your cpu more than any program I've ever seen. It concentrates on keeping all parts of the cpu active at the same time. If that runs for half an hour your cpu is stable.

The multiplier will probably be locked, but you can try raising the fsb first and see what happens. Raise voltage in single steps, but don't raise the ddr voltage very much, I think 0.1 to 0.15 would be enough.

Cpu temp of 46c is probably slightly on the high side, you should examine the airflow within the case, (make sure cables are not blocking airflow) and tell us what kind of case cooling you have.

Advertisement