Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD problems with KT7 board(non-Raid)

• 26-05-2002 12:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

After finally installing 2000 on a machine and giving it to my Brother. He has come back to me with it after he has tried to install XP Professional and he was suffering a black screen of death. Yes, the machine started with the restart and starting up the install for the first time, the screen goes blank and the keyboard is non responsive.

I have downloaded updated bios for the board but am unsure of the cause of this problem( is it just an out of date bios?)
    Happens with an upgrade or a dual boot setup.

Any valid suggestions welcome

Cheers
    DotC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I'm assuming "KT7" is shorthand for the QDI Kinetiz board, if it's not, just call me a loon and run away.
    There's a load of bios updates for the kinetiz range... some of which contain specific WinXP fixes (acpi bugs).
    Worth a try methinks... I've heard of people disabling acpi in the bios before installing aswell.
    QDI site BOIS updates page

I've got a kinetiz7b myself with the most recent BIOS, and have no problems installing XP.
    Be carefull when flashing the BIOS though ;)
    gl

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

If its the Abit KT7 Board have a look here....

http://www.viahardware.com/faq/kt7/kt7faq.htm

Solved any probs i ever had with mine....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Oh right, it's probably the Abit board then.
    /me runs away screaming

Advertisement