Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So is it true about Ozzy?

Options
  • 26-05-2002 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

Despite the fact that I havn't stopped laughing since I heard this, I honestly do feel bad for all the poor people who are on their way to Punchestown.

So i heard on the radio (no, it wasnt Phantom, penance please) but they said Ozzy Osbourne has pulled out of Ozzfest due to a throat infection.

So is it true?

Its kinda hard to believe, but why would he drop out?

Is he staying home to watch the Osbournes on Mtv?
    Is he trying to make the name of the festival cruelly ironic?
    Is he just a lazy bugger?

Thoughts and violent outbursts appreciated.
    ~Achille

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 punk

maybe he's a fucking freemason ! (heh!)

Anyway I'd say it's just a vicious lie ! (we all know that most people who listen to Phantom FM don't listen to OTHER radio stations ! so how do we know you're not lieing or just takin' the piss ! the fact you didn't mention which radio station is suspicious to say the least !)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

No lie!

"Unfortunately, due to illness Ozzy Osbourne was unable to make his scheduled appearance at today's Ozzfest festival (Punchestown Racecourse, Co. Kildare), which features a 15 band line including Tool, System of a Down, Slayer, Therapy?, and Lostprophets.

Following his appearance at Donnington yesterday, Ozzy became ill with a serious throat infection and has been ordered by doctors not to perform at today's event.

Due to the late notice of the cancellation, promoters MCD undertook the following steps.

All fans were advised prior to entry of Ozzy's non-appearance and were offered a full refund from place of purchase OR entry to the festival and a complimentary ticket for one of the following Marlay Park shows:
    Santana/UB40 - June 7th
    Bryan Adams - July 25th
    Paul Weller - July 26th
    Meatloaf - July 27th

The average ticket price for the above shows is e42.50. Fans who avail of this option must exchange ticket stub at their place of purchase before June 6th '02."

Ozzy Osbourne and promoters MCD apologise to fans for any inconvenience caused due to Ozzy's sudden illness. "

From MCD.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

throat infection my arse, I have it on good authority (i.e. members of Cyclefly) that ozzy and zack wilde got completely ratarsed after donnington, and do you think he'd honestly play kildare and still be ill for the queens gig tonight? live in front of a tv audience of millions???, he was no real loss yesterday, the bonus was tool got to play for longer.....am i hearing any complaints from the tool fans???? HELL NO!!! WHAT A SET!!!!

Advertisement