Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LapTop Screen

• 26-05-2002 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

The screen on our dell insprison laptop started flickering yesterday, When I turned it on this morning its really dark in one corner and still flickering slightly, Ive checked all the display settings and there fine, So im presuming its a hardware problem,

Im gonna send it back to dell in the morning but im wondering has anyone any ideas what wrong with it??? Its just over a year old so im not sure wether is warranty!

Cheers!!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I'd send it back.
    Usually from my experience once it starts going it will continue and laptop screens are really expensive to buy.
    Most expensive part is the controller for it which usually start at about $200 from what i've seen.

Dell will probally give ya a new one or fix the old one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Tell Dell you want an update on this. Say you already rang them when it was under warranty and they said they'd send someone out, that was x weeks ago and you're still waiting. Create a big fuss and they'll fix it as if its under warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Originally posted by yellum
    Tell Dell you want an update on this. Say you already rang them when it was under warranty and they said they'd send someone out, that was x weeks ago and you're still waiting. Create a big fuss and they'll fix it as if its under warranty.

Yup, that's the way I would handle anything that's not under "official" warranty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 speedyboy

Thanks for the advice i just found out its 5 days out of warranty!! SO i should be able to get it sorted!

Advertisement