Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can thou helpest meh with minor problemo!?

Options
  • 26-05-2002 4:36pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Can someone help me out a little here!?

Howdy, just been grazing through my rather obese list of Computer Music Mp3 in my collection and concluded that I need more...
    There are a certain few files I wouldn't mind getting my grubby mitts on, so if you're one of those types of people that collect game music you might be able to help me out a little...

First off, Im aware that a CD was released yonk ago containing remix's of C64 music by various Artists, one of which is Rob Hubbard (Or Ron, can't remember) and it includes remakes of the "Phantom Of The Asteroid" theme, "Agent X", "Last V8" etc etc
    If anyone has any idea's about this CD (Or even owns it) do you know where I could nab a copy? Im sure it's order only...
    Secondly - I have a massive collection of .MOD files (Mainly amiga music) and was wondering if anyone knew of any sites that have these particular files up for grabs!? They're absolutely tiny in size, regardless of the lenght of the actual track which is pretty nifty...
    Thirdly, I wish to grab a copy of the CastleVania X Soundtrack - I knew a few people have it already, so I was wondering if someone out there would be generous enough to rip me a copy... (Yes yes if you want money Im sure I could figure something out)
    I could simply download the files, but I haven't got my home net conn and have to resort to net cafe's...
    That said I can only fit files onto disk, so it would be pointless looking for the files themselves because they simply wouldn't fit (Most of them anyway)

Other than that are there any hardcore game music collectors out there that can offer up links they have!?
    Wouldn't mind taking a look at whats up for grabs...

If you want recomendations as to what files I think YOU should get, here are some.

CastleVania SOTN - Requiem for the Gods (Churchy, atmospheric and slightly depressing - Gorgeous Tune)
    CastleVania SOTN - Lost Painting
    CastleVania SOTN - Crystal Teardrops
    Silent Hill - Theme (Oldish sounding, depressing and nice)
    Tenchu - Illness Of The Princess (Get this tune - So relaxing)
    Tomb Raider - Theme (Another relaxing one)
    Quake2 - Track 9 (dun dun dun dun dun dun dun reeaarroraghsghsgh)
    Wild Arms - Opening Sequence (Lovely whistley tune)
    Tekken 2 - Anna
    Bloody Roar - Bored To Death (Good old 80's type metal rock thingy blah great)
    C&C - Act On Instinct
    C&C RA - Hellmarch
    Resident Evil - Mansion Music
    Quake 3 Arena - Sonic Mayhem - Noise Purge
    Alien Trilogy - Boss Theme (Adrenaline)
    Alien Trilogy - Track 2
    Alien Trilogy - Track 7
    Grand Theft Auto - Retrograde - Benzoate (For all you fast paced listeners - Good for getting you moving)

There are so many others I could post but im sure half of you wouldn't even like this stuff...

If you can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The C64 CDs can be bought here:

http://www.c64audio.com

They are called "Back In Time", and there are 3 volumes. There are also a few other remix CDs available here. Worth a look.

- Dave.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Cheers for that...
    Still trying to find a good site with some game Music Downloads but without a home based net connection I pretty much don't have the time...

Anyone else out there able to help me!?

Advertisement