Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby Board

• 26-05-2002 5:44pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

how about a rugby community forum separate from the sports board especially with the bulid due to the rugby world cup soon.

Also i put myself forward as a mod

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

yes i fully support this thread...nice ole rugby one

i support cast as mod also :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i agree and id like to be mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Aye as long as it is under community forums I would'nt mind one :)
    The Boards seem to be getting swarmed with boards that never get used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Yeah I agree with this......

And as for mods I think a level headed *AHEM* accepted mod should be taken on......eg. Cast (/me accepts cash donation from the afore mentioned Boards member)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I agree, it'd good to see.

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

whats wrong with the sports board?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

i think the sports board has too many subjects in it which includes an awful lot of sports and in my opinion the creation of a rugby community board would be good with the world cup coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well sports board is too broad for such a popular sport imo...leave that to less popular sports so it don't get spammed to ****e when the wc starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

But the current board "Sports / World Cup" could just be left that way so that it would be the same, like atm a good few of the posts are just about the football WC and at the time of the rugby it will be the same so why not just leave it under that board :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by Serialkiller
    well sports board is too broad for such a popular sport imo...leave that to less popular sports so it don't get spammed to ****e when the wc starts

The WC will long be over b4 the new rugby season starts.

Why request a board to dicuss something that isn't even discussed properly on the current sport board. Rugby is still catagorised as a sport, isn't it? The only time rubgy has been discussed is when Ireland are playing (badly), Munster play in the Heinekin cup or London irish in the powergem cup. thats it. No super 12s, no Zurich Premiership, and no irish league topics.

If ppl wanted to discuss rugby they already would be.

As for the build it to the next rugby world cup.....ITS 18 MONTHS AWAY.

Football, as it stands, is the only sport that could justify getting a board of its own.

• Advertisement

addtoast.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

You guys are really taking the piss. Judging from the amount of Rugby related threads on the current Sports board a dedicated one would be very very quiet. The Sports board can be renamed Sport/Rugby World Cup when the competition comes around or if there is a major uptake of posts then you would have a valid arguement to get a dedicated rugby board.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

no.

I wouldnt bother reading a rugby board tbh. But i might contribute/learn from the rugby threads on sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I would enjoy a rugby board..

But we dont need one. The sport board does just fine as it is

well in my honest opinion the sports board is too varied and it needs some separating

A rugby community forum would also help encourage interest in rugby.

Please even if its only for a trial period and make your decision then just give it a chance. if it suceeds keep it if not by all means erase it and ill never ask for one again.

seems logical to start a new board at the request of someone who has only posted to TWO rugby related threads on the current sports board. By creatin a board of its own won't increase the number of ppl talking about it. See DBC link for an example of this. If ppl want to talk about something they will. they don't need a new board to do that.

If anything footbal deserves a board of it own, as most of the traffic on the sports board is about football. But i'm not suggesting u do that. I like it the way it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

its not like the Sports board is getting 400 posts a minute about 20 different sports..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

-=Castaway=- the best thing to do is keep talking about Rugby topics, if you know anyone who is interested in Rugby and has a net connection tell them about Boards.ie. If it becomes apparent that the level of posts warrent a new board then the Admins can consider setting one up.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Originally posted by -=Castaway=-
    A rugby community forum would also help encourage interest in rugby.

Tbh I said the same when I requested a Wargames board. It doesn't happen, there was more interest in Wargames during the arguing for a thread stage then there ever has been since.

Nice idea tho.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Keeks
    . By creatin a board of its own won't increase the number of ppl talking about it.
    Notice i asked for a community forum not a proper board can u read???:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

1) I'm not sure how being rude to other users is going to help your cause much.

2) You want a community forum, great. Where's your community? That's kinda a prerequisite, isn't it?

thats all well and good but when someone posts that he doesnt agree with something i didnt say i do get a bit frustrated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

So why has a Rugby board been set up in the mean time?
    One more time, can we call the s****r board "football"?

Originally posted by -=Castaway=-

Notice i asked for a community forum not a proper board can u read???:rolleyes:

Its still a BOARD, where is is doesn't really matter. The only difference between community and main boards is generally diecided by who they're for rather that what they're for i.e clans. If you were asking for a board for a specifc club or league i can accept that, but asking for a board on a suject that recives little traffic, and like i said you've only posted to two related topics b4, quite simply baffles me.

But look u got ur board, lets just see and what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

/me slaps MT with my trout for being stupid

u missed the point completely MT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

:rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Mod'lessness is now the new issue :)

What about Trojan and WWM?