Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New board suggestion

• 26-05-2002 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

OK reading that there is now a Smallville board (wtf? :rolleyes: ) it seems logical to think that the interest from superman etc etc would lead to thinking there might be an interest in Comics in general. Especially saying it would also include such things as Star wars.

I don't personally know if anyone would have an interest in this as most people would probably get flamed if they admitted they liked reading them but f0rk those people who would do the flaming.

I wouldn't wish to be a mod and would think that if there was an interest there would be other peopel better suited to the position.

It's just Sthe SciFi/fantasy board seems to be more about star trek and such things and this would open it up even more.

It could encorporate a lot due to the new films being released soon and those which have already been released. A lot of these Marvel films. It would be mainly aimed towards the actual books themselves and all the different companies who do them eg. Marvel DC Image etc etc.

A lot knock these but tbh there are different area's from Manga style to over 18's graphical books to kids stories to Beano to Spawn/x-men style comics.

Anyone else out there itnerested? It would be better to have some decent comments for this one rather than any kind of flames!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

i must admit i dont have a big interest in comics but id say it would be pretty active and a great idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I'm not sure how the sci-fi board got dragged into a conversation about a request for a comic forum but anyway, Yes i think a comic board would go down nicely.

I used collect em back in the good old days, when men were men and sheep were nervous.

there's more to comics than just collecting richie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Um....there's 1 reference to comics on that board and it's only to wizard which is really a glorified price catalogue for comics.

Looks more like a wanted/for sale board than an actuall collectors board.

Plus when I mentioned comics I didn't just refer to collecting them - I'm talkign about all aspects of them including some people who don't collect just read.

I had a friend of mine who would never admit to reading them but sometimes when he came down he would pull one out and start reading, then ask for all ones before or after that and would happily sit fo hours reading.

There have been loads of different topics coming off this. There are the films, the cartoons (I only like the old ones myself from when I was a kid), merchandise the books themselves and any other kinds of reference to them. Hell there could even be threads on the best artwork and who does it, or who's the best writer..... I mean that's the kinda thing i'd love to see.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by azezil
    I'm not sure how the sci-fi board got dragged into a conversation about a request for a comic forum but anyway, Yes i think a comic board would go down nicely.

I used collect em back in the good old days, when men were men and sheep were nervous.

Only reason I mentioned it is because some people have the idea of comics that they are only science fiction and fantasy.

Some thing the beano and some think space rockets etc.

It's really a wide spectrum and the 2 main points of these would be the art and the story lines - I mean most of them are at LEAST more interesting than soap's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by azezil
    there's more to comics than just collecting richie :rolleyes:

really!?!?!¬!!?;£:¬;`

i was pointing out the lack of interest in the collecting forum, which was set up as a place to discuss comics etc.

Originally posted by ][cEMAN**
    I mean most of them are at LEAST more interesting than soap's
    absolutely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭incubus

i support the creation of this forum :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

or how about the renaming of the nearly abandonded collection forum. The most interesiting thing on it is Fi's 2 post 's on pins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

True, most of the push behind the collecting forum was comics, but no one posted anything much about comics, got a few all right but nothing major, i have a worker from Forbidden plant that posts on the Pro Wrestling board so maybe he'd get some topics started in the collecting board, Maybe an admin could rename it to Collecting Comics or something like that.

bomb

I'm gonna bump this a bit cause it would be nice if Dev could say yes or no :)

I think bomb's idea of just renaming an already (pretty much) dead board is a good idea - rename it and give it life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭MelKor

i fully endorse this product/service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I want a comics board.

Its not like any other board is conducive to comic related shenanigans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I will also endorse this product or service mainly because i was promised cake but also cause i like the idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Collecting is now closing, being replaced with Comics. Potential mods, post here with your collection lists ;)

Oh pick me me ME!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

i think its only fair to leave bomb as mod for this since he is loosing the collection board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Theres no way im posting up a list of all my comics, dont have a year free to list them all, But im availible to Mod the comics board.

Bomb

Yeah same......hehehe issue 1 of blah blah blah.......

BTW kiddies don't be fooled by Dynamic Forces.....they signed copies AREN'T always what you think they are

• Advertisement
Advertisement