Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geforce2 GTS hardware problem??

• 17-07-2001 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

My geforce is acting weird. I thought at first it may have been software/drivers so I reinstalled everything clean. Same prob. What happens is - in OpenGL games (quake3, half-life etc.) weird little coloured blotches appear on the textures (more appear with time), its not unplayable or anything just really annoying. I have overclocked (max. 230/400) it but now its at factory settings (200/333). ANY ideas? Can I return it if its been overclocked (and the fan modified - which can be unmodified)? HELP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

It's quite probable that you damaged your card through overclocking. Did you use extra cooling? If you increase the rate of overclocking too much in one go then your asking for trouble really, so it could be that.

This reminds me of the time I got a dodgy Voodoo 2. Games would run for a bit then lock up and green blotches would appear on the picture. Try and return the card, I managed to without them asking any questions and I got a replacement card which worked a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Yeah, I was hoping it was a driver issue when I was trying to fix the thing... so we reinstalled everything from the OS up.

Happens in Direct3D games too, and as I told you Paul, it's a hardware fault with your graphics card itself.

Un-mod the fan, and send it back. You MAY get charged for this if they start complaining about it being modified, and overclocking isn't covered by their warranty AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

You can try it in my machine if you want, and if it works without any problems, I'll give you my creative gts in exchange. Just a thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭llatsni

Gerry - gimme a call and we'll arrange a emmm 'date'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

That's just like you, isn't it Paul. Pimping yourself for a graphics card. smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement