Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Really Useful Tip

• 27-05-2002 12:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

The next time you get the dreaded "programme synopsis not available" when you press the 'i' button, try the following before before you power down/up - it works most times !

Go BBC on 214 or 215
    then open any digital-text page
    then exit digital text
    Now try the 'i' button on any channel
    ===============================
    This is something you cannot try until you get the error. If you find it works for you sometime in the future please reply to this topic to bring back to the front page so the word spreads.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I have heard of this solution before. This problem happens every now and again on my old Grundig box. When it last happened, I tried to access digital text on BBC but when I pressed the text button I got the following message, "To access teletext first press TV and then press Text". A reboot is the only way to fix the problem if you can't get into digital text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭swoofer

It works!!! Just did it and bingo it worked. Many thanks for a very useful tip. How on earth did u find out about this TIP!!

gbcullen

hmmm
    On my panasonic, which is bbc carded, the other day, I discovered there were no red dots-no BBC i ,no sky dig text etc!
    sometimes I wish the Irish subbed box would get the same disease!
    Just think-no red active dogs-bliss:)
    software update got it all back
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

If you dont like the red dot then turn it off.. press backup or i think the sky button also works.. backup certainly does.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

If ya press RED quickly followed by Backup, the icon won't reappear after adverts.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement