Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL ungrading network

Options
  • 27-05-2002 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭

NTL were upgrading cabling in the cornelscourt area of Dublin on friday. I don't know if this was beacuse of problems in the area or if they are continuing with their upgrading projects.

We live in hope though

Red

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

They must of done a whip round in the pub the night before :)

(well i thought it was dunny :p)

But seriously NTL Ireland are running on a shoestring, they have no money, its far more likely that was essential maintenance than upgrading to a two way network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I think El_MUERKO is right on this one. I reckon it was just routine maintenance too because NTL are flat-broke at the moment and certainly wouldn't have the money needed to be upgrading more parts of their network to two-way. I think there probably would have been some sort of announcement if they were doing that anyway, some sort of all-singing, all-dancing press release saying, "Whoop-de-do folks, we're upgrading more of our network to offer more customers cable internet access. Register your interest now!" Or something like that! lol

Sorry to dash your high-hopes, Redshift! :(

Advertisement