Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Marvel Superhero

Options
  • 27-05-2002 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Whos your favourite from the list?

Whos your favourite Marvel Superhero 105 votes

Spiderman
    0% 0 votes
    IronMan
    26% 28 votes
    Wolverine
    8% 9 votes
    Ghost Rider
    28% 30 votes
    The Hulk
    8% 9 votes
    Captain America
    10% 11 votes
    Thor
    4% 5 votes
    Silver Surfer
    2% 3 votes
    Thing
    6% 7 votes
    Ice Man
    2% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

you should have said character far better choice.
    go to. this place for some bios on a lot of characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Bah The Iceman owns all!

As seen in the Age of Appocalypse series when he had tonnes more powers than you mere mortals have glimpsed at!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

how can you beat the man with the shiar anti-gravity hair?

wolverine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Silver Surfer. My childhood hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

sorry, i could never really get into Marvel.

• Advertisement

It's not anti grav man.....you try not washing....for like forever....and see what YOUR hair looks like hehehehe

Besides I go with ][cE*AHEM* I mean Iceman......

Personality - the Joker
    Powers - Limitless and only now starting to be tapped
    Um......well other things too I suppose. Thing is you gotta list what you think is desireable and i'll list how he is.....um......not THAT kinda desireable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Ghost Rider used to be great.

Anyone see it when he teamed up with X-Men to beat the <wracks brains> Brood I think. One of the first trade paperbacks I ever read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

Human-Torch, Wonder-man, Hercules, Spider-m@n, Sub-Mariner, Wolverine She-Hulk , Storm, Scarlet Witch or Xavier.

Well seen that Human Torch is the original Marvel hero, I would have picked him but I'll vote for Spiderman instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Kim Tae-Woo

The Early Capt america Vs Hitler comics were great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Spider man should rule hands down, but...

Venom as far as Characters go is the best Marvel character of all time... Agreed?

Hanza
    And thats why they call me there Heretic!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Daredevil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

The Best?

Well that's Venom
    but for good guys

I say
    Hulk No 1
    Hercules No 2
    Balde no 3
    and Human Torch No 4

Is it true that the Silver Surfer is the most powerful being in the Marvel universe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

HeHe, remember the Marvel Top-Trumps Game? If I remember correctly Silver Surfer had most of his levels set to unknown.. Suppose that could mean he is the most powerfull... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Gambler Gallactus and Dr. Doom owned all the heroes in teh Top Trumps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Brian Bennette

The Thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Genesis

Ironman!!!!! w00t he's the only one who thought of using weapons\technology!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The scarlett witch every times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭JacquesPompidou

War-Machine for a better Ironman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Murphys

Hulk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Originally posted by Gambler
    HeHe, remember the Marvel Top-Trumps Game? If I remember correctly Silver Surfer had most of his levels set to unknown.. Suppose that could mean he is the most powerfull... :)

Yea. Except that he isn't.

Wolverine.

• Advertisement

No you're right he isn't. Galactus would out power him as he GAVE him the powers. And Galactus has been outpowered by other entities of the Marvel universe, and outsmarted.

If you were talking a blow by blow power v power struggle it would come down to a couple of those choices. Wolverine is AMLOST imortal due to his healing factor. Ghost Rider is as the term says - ghostly powered, Thor is a god and Silver Surfer is a glactic force, but don't forget one person.

Iceman

In his ice form Iceman is almost indistructable as he can reconstruct himself from his shattered parts. This outdoes Wolverine definately. He can also (due to "Age of Apocalypse") teleport himself and due to the pre Age of Apolcalypse series has shown, he can, with a thought freeze every molecule in a beings body.

Only psychics seem to be able to defend against this assault. And as none of the others are psychic and don't possess the powers to defeat Iceman at his full potential, I would have to say Iceman PWND J00!!! hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

When all my mates were into Superman (being the time that all the films were coming out) and us being somehwere around 5-7 years of age, I was always into Spiderman, so he gets my 1st choice :)

2nd fromt hat list would be Wolverine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ogel

The Hulkster

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

What, no daredevil??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

lady deathstrike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

The most powerful marvel characters are rarely seen, and rarely used characters like Destiny, Fate, and The Infinites.
    Since their not on the list, they probably don't count. Myself i'm disappointed Gambit isn't there, as at full power he's pretty damn powerful as well, and he's never reached it, even in the coming episodes, he doesn't reach full power.
    I mean someone who could look at you, and dissolve every molecule in your body in an instant, physic or not has to be in contention!!!!!
    Also psyhics have a damn hard time against him cause of his molecular make up, and mutant powers.
    But if I had to pick a fave from the list I to would have to pick the Iceman.
    He rulez!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Lordy

Please dont forget the Punisher :)

As seen in The Punisher vs the Marvel Universe, he can outsmart and kill just about every other super "hero" there ...

And if we're talking about best "character" I must admit, Ennis writing him has certainly raised the Punisher in my opinion.

Although I do like Bendis' take on Ultimate Spiderman ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Wulf

Wolverine, anyone see "Origin," in the latest "Wolverine and Gambit" comics, l33t!

He is sooo class in Ultimate x-men, Magneto in Ultimate x-men has to be one of the coolest marvel villians, he is soooooo evil it's unreal.

Anyone know when "the ultimates" are being realesed? I assume after the Weapon X storyline in Ultimate X-men...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Yes, yes I have.

That's been the only really good wolverine story in a long while. Read the first few issue's of the Ultimates online when marvel.com was still doing dot comics, they're class, but i'd say it'll be a while before they reach our fair shores, because the americano's are still only on like issue 12 or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Lordy

The Ultimates book 1 is already released over here. Should be in Forbidden Planet or Sub City (therea a fiarly good chance it will be sold out though)

Otherwise try online like amazon.com (you have to love the weakness of the dollar at the moment) or marsimport.com

Will take a while to get out, but is slightly cheaper than buying them over here (especially if you buy two or three)

And now to get back on topic, the Ultimates version of the Marvel heros are pretty cool too - Captain America especially in my opinion is much improved ... and Samuel L Jackson doing Nick Fury gets an 8 in the funk factor too ...

Advertisement