Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a new motherboard and processor

• 18-07-2001 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

Keeping in mind I am not rolling in money, can someone recommend a new mobo/processor combo.It needs to be upgradeable, not blocking my options like the one i currently have.I'm looking at getting maybe a Duron/Athlon, maybe overclocking it.Board should run at 133mhz....remember I'm trying to keep costs down...

Oh before I go I better also ask if i will absolutely need a new case?!

[This message has been edited by bugler (edited 18-07-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

get a kt7a with or without raid its up to you . and get any chip you like . ... id reccommend the 1 gig axia ull b able to over clock that easy . and depends on the psu if ull need to change it . i have one that my p2 400 was running on and i now got the above system running fine .... well fine when i get my network up and running .

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

Advertisement