Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iwill boards, an alternative?

• 15-07-2001 10:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

thinking of upgrading at the end of the month; I've heard lots of good things about the Iwill boards as far as overclockability is concerned, ie: some people running 1ghz Tbirds at 1.6ghz.

anyone used these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Straker

Yep. I've four 1.33Gig TBirds OC'd to 1.50Gigs (approx) via IWill Raid boards. No prob's here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

The iwill kk266 is the best via kt133a board around, I'm not sure if they have an amd 760 based board yet, but I would stay away from the ka266, which has an ali chipset, and major stability problems (Though maybe they have been fixed by now with a new revision..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Straker

The Ka-266-R boards are rock solid. I've been running mine 24/7 for close to 3 months without a hitch. The Ali chip problems were all resolved last December, after all the October 2000 web reviews pointed out the glitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well I've had no probs at all with their scsi cards. Cheap but good stuff.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

Advertisement