Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGP Graphics/Motherboard prob.................

• 19-07-2001 1:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭

Right story so far........

Mobo Soyo SY-6BA+
    Pent III 450

Everything was working great with a TNT2 Ultra AGP in, only thing, the fella who owns it and wanted it back, placed in an ATI APG card, but I cannot get any responce from the video at all. I now have tried a GeForce II Ultra and a Kyro II no matter what I try I cannot get it to work, I cannot access BIOS settings or anything, I have no access atm to a PCI graphics card. PSU etc are grand. (300W more than ample for that system)
    If anyone has any ideas they would be helpful, as it might be awhile until I get another PCI card. (Sold my last one...doh!)

Leverz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Levz, what you need to do, and I guarantee you this will work, is force it the damn card in, like as if with a hammer. That should to the trick.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Sorted the problem right after I posted, really embarassed, I put the card in (many times) and it refused to work. Went over and really pushed ( and I mean, PUSHED)
    It snapped into place, with a bang, working now. just a dodgy port.

LOL Shaddup GB, git told you on IRC, and you beat me to the post!!
    LOL
    You where here before when I had the problem, why did ya not tell me then??????? :PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Gwan Levz you mad *******!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Now now, I know you're embarrassed. If you ever need help again, just stick a quick post up here again.

Best regards!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

If you're that embarrased, then just delete your topic wink.gif

Wont let me OJ, shaddup Jon, hehe tip for everyone, if you post and sort, post that you have fixed it before telling Greenbean wink.gif

Advertisement