Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored? Put a fan in your mouse!

Options
  • 27-05-2002 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Just came across two sites on the net which had two strange mods.

A guy from Norway was getting sweaty hands playing games on his computer so he modded his mouse by putting in a fan!

http://hw.metku.net/rottaflekti/index_eng.html

Heres another one, This time with lights aswell!

http://www.overclockers.com/tips967/

Its very temping, i might start playing around with one of my old "mice?" "mouses?" when I get a chance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Hehe this came up about 3 months ago.
    Keeps comming up on OcUK aswell.

Great site.

I love the mod box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I built the glowpad from there, looks lovely but I just can't get any good pictures of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

cool. :) Keep posting stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

all this modin seems like a waste of money incomparsion to this

me likey! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Defenistrator

methinks the guy has a golf GTI with those irritating foglights!

but a mouse with foglights? soooooooo kewl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Phaxx, will you stick up a picture of your glow pad? Even if the pic looks bad. I'd like to see it.

I modded my calculator last week I was really bored. Stuck a couple of LED's into it. I think it looks good. But the batteries ran out after five days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Okay, glowpad pics.
    glowpad1.jpgglowpad2.jpg

It looks far leeter in real life, I even have little rubber feet for it. :)

I used emery paper on the surface of the perspex, it feels much smoother than before, when it felt like newly cleaned glass, sort of sticky. That also gave it a cloudy look and some of the light now spreads out across the surface of it instead of it all travelling to the edges. I wanted blue leds (currently using four 3mm greens) but didn't want to wait for them to arrive.

I'll borrow the digital camera from work sometime and take good pics, when I get my latest mod done.

Advertisement