Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA 3 Problems ??? check this out.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

thats site doesn't work! its being constructed or something.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea not workin either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

403 ERROR!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

GTA3 performance problems? Check this out:

SONY-PS2-L.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

THat's the reason we are ahving these problems.
    Shouldn've been released on the PC first, go knows there was a great enough market for it......
    Would have been easier to scale it back for the PS2 then to try and ramp it up for the PC.

It's appearing to be more and more an issue of shoddy coding and conversion work on DMA's part.

I'm sickened. Great game, but the slowdown ahs just started to appear on my one and it's wrecking the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Dunno bout that link, but anyone running a Nvidia card and windows XP should get the patch down here.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q306676

Don't let the name fool you, it actually works...says so on the GTA3 website :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by SyxPak
    THat's the reason we are ahving these problems.
    Shouldn've been released on the PC first, go knows there was a great enough market for it......
    It's sold much much much more on the PS2 then the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Celt

plus its one of those games thats easier to play on a console rather than a PC. (also its one of the reasons i got a PS2)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Celt

It's been out much much much longer on the PS2 then the PC in fairness. Also if you have the PS2 version why would you buy the pc version.
    plus its one of those games thats easier to play on a console rather than a PC.

I think it's easier to play on the PC.

• Advertisement

I think its easier to play on the PC too. Its well easy to look around and move than on the PS2.

Originally posted by Kyro
    Dunno bout that link, but anyone running a Nvidia card and windows XP should get the patch down here.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q306676

Don't let the name fool you, it actually works...says so on the GTA3 website :)

Thats the patch for direct x isn't it? I'm running xp and have an nvidia card. I installed that patch but I not really seeing any changes. The games is still slowly down, freezes sometimes and now there is also gaps in the grapics where it just kind of goes blank in area or has loads of weird colours in the place where there should be a road, wall, fence etc! Whats the story!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Just installed it on my work PC (1.4gig P4, 64mb radeon SDR) and it freezes whole system when it starts.. no video no nothing just dead.. i just changed to 16bit and 800x600 from 1024x768 x 32bit.. now i get into game... hmm will probaly be fine at home.. stupid ATI.. i have a GF3 at home.. anyway is loading now so will check out the game and let you know about slowdowns etc... either way i have it on PS2 and completed that ages ago!

WOW game performence SUCKS!!! This is unbelievable... glad i did not buy this muck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I'm running:-

Windows XP
    Pentium 4 1.6 @ 2.3
    GeForce III
    512 megs ram
    etc.

The game runs like a dream. I did have a problem with the text in game, (and menu), being blocks of yellow. Fixed with DirectX update.

The game 0wns.

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Was also flying along grand on my XP1700 and Geforce3Ti200...but I'm halfway through staunton island and the slow downs are coming up now and again..EXTREMLY annoying, sorta like internet lag in games where it just freezes for a few seconds, and resumes.

suppafly: that patch fixes the menu blockyness and transparences, and it only works on windows xp 2600, with certain models of graphics cards. You'd notice a difference if it installed. I have noticed that sometimes when im driving along, a big patch of blue replaces the road, but it then seemingly, fixes itself. I turned up the draw distance to max and it stopped happening...hmm?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

Well ive been trying to fix problems for WEEKS now to no avalil... it seems certain combinations of hardware messes up ...

The best resource for information i have found is located here:

http://www.gta3forums.com/ib/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d09e7e53276ffff;act=SF;f=43

there are absoloutely LOADS of people having problems with Nvidia and XP/2K ive now tried 3 cards in XP... none of witch work...

I'd suggest going to those forums and reading some of the articles that are avaliable... It didnt help me at all... but who knows!

Also apparently RockStar are going to release a patch for the bugs soon... they SHOULD have had it properly beta-tested before release, i dont think it's fair that the PC owners get a raw deal ;(

Originally posted by noog
    Also apparently RockStar are going to release a patch for the bugs soon... they SHOULD have had it properly beta-tested before release, i dont think it's fair that the PC owners get a raw deal ;(

Yeah i sucks that they rushed it. Hopefully they have that patch very soon!

Game was working very slowly here.. now it locks the sys on the cartoon logo with the characters in it (after the initial videos and before the main start game screen) will try at home.. maybe better... though slower cpu!

Interesting, took it home and used it on my Athlon 650 (old slot A one) it has 512 Sdram and a 64mb GeForce3 And it rockets!!! on 1024x768 @ 32bit it flies.. even on the P4 with 64mb Radeon it crawled at 640 x 480 @ 16bit let alone this res etc.. Wonder what it will be like on my athlon XP 2100 (when i get my replacement chip that is!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I gots the updated GF drivers and it sorted the corrupted textures and now the game flyes in higher res and 32bit colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭JarJar blinks

Main Problem with GT3 is you can't get the Audi GT-One cars which were Winners of LeMANS 24 hr races last year and maybe this year.

Or is there a cheat so you can pick the Cars?

boards.ie/vbulletin > Sport > Sport > Le Mans 24 Hour Racing !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by JarJar blinks
    Main Problem with GT3 is you can't get the Audi GT-One cars which were Winners of LeMANS 24 hr races last year and maybe this year.

Or is there a cheat so you can pick the Cars?

Get the car editor from one of the GTA3 sites...may help

Advertisement