Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kyro 2 problem.

• 19-07-2001 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

Well I got my Prophet 4500, and opened up my case, slotted it in, booted up the machine and installed the latest drivers that I had downloaded last night in advance.Things seemed to be ok, I restarted and noticed that the screen had borders, thick ones around the edge of my monitor, thicker on the right side than the left.Refresh rate problem i thought, so I set the desktop screen to 800x600, and then looked at the monitor refresh rate, it was set to optimal. Anyway I changed the settings from high refresh rates down to the lowest, and the borders remained, only mildy varying in size.So then I resorted to changing the screen size using the prophets own function for doing so, and this helped, by stretching the screen wider I pretty much got rid of the borders at the sides, but a black border at the bottom of my screen remained.

It didnt look too bad, so I said I'd give it a run with HL/CS, the results were not good! Using openGL, the levels wouldn't load, I get stuck at the level loading screen and stay there, depsite hearing myself moving around and shooting if i wish to do so.If I hit escape and then 'Resume' I get a warped screen of my desktop and toolbar, and thats it.

In Direct3D, I can get into the game, but everything runs in slow motion or at like 2 frames a second.Also some rough textures etc.

I reinstalled the card using the drivers on the CD and the same thing happens.Please give me some ideas as to what is causing this?

I removed my previous card and as far as i know i have gotted rid of all the drivers.... Help!

My system spec: p3 600e, 256 MB RAM, Win98SE.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Well, the first thing I think of here is that maybe your actual card is ******ed. Other than that, i'd suggest re-installing direct x, checking bios settings (agp aperture size, etc). You could also go into the control panel of your card (in the properties area) and change a few settings there. Im not familiar with any of the options available for the Kyro but put your PCI textures settting up to 15 for both OpenGL and Direct 3D.

The above is pretty much grasping at straws but if you provide more details about your spec such as the Motherboard chipset then maybe someone can help further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I had some problems with my card in games after the first install, none would load properly.

Everything was fine when I installed DX 8 (on the driver cd).

Desktop was fine, running 1600*1200 at 72h, games are brighter, image quality is way better than my GF1 and voodoo 3 and increasing the res doesnt not seem to impact on the frames.

Vex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Ok lads, i did a couple of things, updated bios (thx Renton) and installed directX 8 off the cd like you said Vex, even though i was sure i had it installed already.I also tinkered with the cards settings thru powerstrip. Anyway, the end result is its working fine biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭tarzan

glad to hear it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

aye, cheers!

Next up is to overclock this thing, lets get it warming up :P

p.s I 0wn j00 Kegser

• Advertisement
Advertisement