Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Film name?

• 28-05-2002 2:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anybody knew the name of this film. It was on Channel 4 a couple of years ago. It's a French film about this guy that wants to be a taxi driver and he finally gets to be one. He drives a Peugot(sp?) and when he flicks a switch it becomes this mad sports car and he boots it all around the city dropping off his passengers.
    The cops are after him but they cant catch him coz he's too fast. In the end he becomes a racing driver for the cops (I think, cant really remember). Oh and I think there is the gang called the bmw gang or something and they go around robbing banks and stuff. He races these guys I think. (This might be wrong, I might have confused this bit with another film, but I think I'm right.)
    So anybody know the name of this film, because I really want to get it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

LOL i know that and there is a part 2
    And its the inspiration for Crazy Taxi on DC.
    But for the life of me i cant think of the name of it it was in the IFC about 2 years the 2nd part..
    bugger well thats going to keep me thinkin all night.
    Kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Hmm found it on play.com. Turns out it's called "Taxi" and the sequel is called "Taxi 2". Well it's only £7.99stg very nice, order has been placed.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

hehehe
    Imdb didnt know it.
    Great movies abit surreal but good fun.
    kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 UnclePauly

Class film, must rent out the sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

aye great flick
    french films are the coolest
    any1 ever see city of lost children??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

taxi is a great film. get the subtitled version as the dubbed one is woeful at best. the second film isnt as good as the first, but is still class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

City of Lost Children is a brilliant film!!! Really dark and creepy and those conjoined twins scared the bejeberus out of me.

Je suis l'original!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 IrishGuykokoJin

"Taxi" and I should have added it to my list?

Advertisement