Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here into Hip-Hop\R'n'B?

Options
  • 28-05-2002 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Well?? I go to a fair few good Hip-hop nights in Dublin but always lookin for more :) And any outside of Dublin.. I heard there is a good night in Cork? Any-one been??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

just go to www.irishhiphop.com
    has all the dates of the gigs
    choicecuts every friday etc
    dmc head mr thing is playin this friday in mono

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Who runs that site? It seems to be missing a lot of the best Dublin nights...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hmm i gave up going to hip-hop nights a year (or more at this stage) or so ago when kinetic finally stopped running... at least i think it did, or else it disappeared completly off the map after the HQ nights stopped running :)

what are the main nights these days? kormac/razor/mayhem/splyce and the like still fairly regular these days?

I still prefer the Mau-Mau\Soul Productions nights myself :)

Vibe in the POD Thurs, Sunday in Tomato (just started last Sun, was rockin..) They have a night on Fri but it's still dead for some reason...

Still this Sunday Keith Lawrence is comin' over to do SOUL in Tomato.. He was the guy played the first nights 6 odd years ago.. Still da man. Himself and Frank Jez (IMO the best Hip Hop DJ livin in Dublin at the moment, can scratch and mix like no-ones business these days..) playing the one night is going to be insane :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MoSeS_.

• Advertisement

ROFL.. Well worth the download :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Check the forum on irishhiphop.com for info on clubs and stuff, or try irishbeats.com. They are basically the same but these might be more up to date.
    There is another site, but I cant remember it's name. www.hiphopireland.com maybe

hiphop is good in ireland kali
    this year and last i've seen
    guru,dj noise
    africa bambatta,maseo,automator
    dj cash money
    supernatural
    masta ace n punch n words
    dj plus-one
    other ppl tha have being here tha i missed were canni ox
    jeru the damaja
    el-p and dj abilites are playin here on the 24th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

last hip-hop gig i went to was probably dj craze in mono.. (and even then it was more drum&bass).. that or ugly duckling *we're not worthy*

- rasta is that the 24th of june? (obviously, but just to be sure..)

aye tis
    slum village and africa bambaata are ment to be coming back over this year aswell

• Advertisement
Advertisement