Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrecked vdsl settings?!

Options
  • 28-05-2002 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

i tried tweaking my vdsl using Dr.Tcp and wrecked it.
    is there any way of restoring me settings to get my original settings back?
    what are your settings if anybody has dsl?
    - MaxMTU etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

Vdsl, eh? where did you get that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

from the amazing I.T town of ireland that is

*drum roll* ..................... Ennis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ah those bastid's i'm fuk'n 10miles or less from ennis and no broadband ere at all...dats just fuk'd up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

hmmmm 10 miles, best thing for u to do is check out where your local exchange is and see if you are under 3km from it, if you are more than 3km another form of dsl sdsl i think its called has a range of up to 8km ( i could be wrong ) those would be your best bets, but eircon wouldnt really go 10 miles out to give a so called 'unwanted' service

lot of people's only hope will be flat rate 56k, or even ISDN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

well, ennis is only on trial... only roslevan area and up around the west county on the limerick road. so.., anybody got any suggestions for my problem??
    iv had it since febuary and got it 'til september so i presume they are releasing it for the general public in sept/nov/dec.
    b.t.w, anybody know what these "exchanges" look like, think they're building one few metres down the road from me, and i seen it before the foundations were in and there were loadsa wires n **** passin under it...
    there is a big electricity transformer beside it - think dats wat it is neways and thats where i think my exchange is now..
    thats where my phone wires are comin from. i think they go up to a poll behind my house which was updated last summer with "new fibre optic" green wires instead of the 'ol balck 'uns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Why the **** would you run Dr. TCP on your VDSL?!
    Was it not fast enough?
    Anyways, can you be a bit more precise on what way it's screwed up? I've setup a few of these myself and have a fairly good idea on how to fix them..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

well, iv it fixed now..
    posted same problem on dslreports.com forums and figured it out..
    aw ****itt, cant get the link workin, i dunno...
    anyways, it was:
    "Your download speed : 349529 bps, or 349 kbps.
    A 42.6 KB/sec transfer rate.
    Your upload speed : 337268 bps, or 337 kbps."

---
    This was from the linkline speed server minutes before the above test took place...
    cant get that workin either, but here's what it said..
    "2002-06-01 09:31:44 EST: 369 / 156
    Your download speed : 369966 bps, or 369 kbps.
    A 45.1 KB/sec transfer rate.
    Your upload speed : 156617 bps, or 156 kbps."

both tests above took place with all my phone line splitters plugged out.
    I am also only getting a ping of 100-120 on a good day, this is worrying me as i see dustaz and the like on the same server on dublin adsl with steady pings of like 70-80. When i run into a few ppl in CS, sometimes my ping goes up to like 3000 and i lag for ****in ages,. and die:(.
    any ways i could reduce the lag?
    just wondering, if anybody with DSL in eire sees this, could they run a speed test on http://www.dslreports.com/stest
    and post the results in the form of the above-"your download speed etc. etc. etc."
    ...just to see...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Cian

Conz, I get:
    Your download speed : 369966 bps, or 369 kbps.
    A 45.1 KB/sec transfer rate.
    Your upload speed : 94339 bps, or 94 kbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Here's what me gets on the ole satellite:

2002-06-01 21:07:48 EST: 897 / 77
    Your download speed : 897814 bps, or 897 kbps.
    A 109.5 KB/sec transfer rate.
    Your upload speed : 77101 bps, or 77 kbps.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement