Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony mini disk

• 20-07-2001 10:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on buying a mini disk fairly soon.. probably from peats.ie (only place i've seen with em at a decent price..)
    anyone knnow of any other sites that sell them? (irish sites or sites that will deliver to ireland...) probably going for this model Sony MZ-R700 Portable MiniDisc Recorder although the one with a radio tuner would be nice...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

So basically you want us to search the web for you. What do you take us for: fools?!
    *Sigh*, did it anyway...
    Not taking shipping into account, but save yourself 30 quid by buying it from www.richersounds.ie (also a retail shop in Dublin).
    I'm basing the price comparison on the prices advertised on their websites.

[This message has been edited by MadKevo (edited 20-07-2001).]

Update: Shipping is the "same" at IRP 4.50. This is probably plus VAT with Peats, though...

[This message has been edited by MadKevo (edited 20-07-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

IM NOT ASKING YOU TO SEARCH THE WEB FOR ME.

As you said yourself fool, you must be one if you actually went and searched the web for me!
    I am looking for sites that others have purchased from themselves... same as saying i'm looking for a good motherboard or something and you get replies saying well i bought such a one from knowledgemicro blah etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

i got the MZ-R900, which has the scrunching thin***, make-a-disk-4-times-longer (compression! i meant compresion!). it's quite quite quite tiny (ideal for shirt pockets) and (the coolest bit!) it's a turquoise-ish blue. if you've got the bucks, that's what i'd recommend.

but i didn't buy in online.hi-fi place beside virgin on the quays.

• Advertisement

yeah i have seen that one on some american sites... how much did you pay for it? i dont have to buy online, but its easy to shop online (when supposed to be working)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

It also has that MDLP function letting you get 5hrs+(L3)onto an ordinary minidisc but the quality ain't the best(Better for lectures, spoken word etc). L2 is better which fits nearly 3hrs onto the disk and you would need lab conditions to tell the quality apart from a disc recorded with ordinary compression(74mins)

i didnt know if the one wiht the radio had the MDLP feature... does it have the USB connection for the PC? ofis it possible to buy them seperate. I really need that as majourity of my music is mp3....
    btw cheers for the help

Not as standard but you can buy the PC link cable seperate from Sony(I believe). The USB cable comes with any Sony model with PC after it's name like MZR700PC which is the PC model of the MZR700.

Bare in mind that the USB cable is still only analog recording so if it's top quality recording your after then you'll need a soundcard/soundcard addon with an optical out
    connector.

Here some useful sites.

http://www.xitel.com/
    They make USB cables for minidiscs

http://www.minidisc.org/
    Everything you ever wanted to know about Minidiscs and then some....

• Advertisement

just rang richardsounds they dont have any in stock and they said they dont know when they will be getting them in again...
    all they have at moment is the 500
    might give peats a try...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by podgeen:
    IM NOT ASKING YOU TO SEARCH THE WEB FOR ME.</font>

Steady on there.. jeesus christ, cant you see it for a joke ?

Gav

NO.

//a joke

[This message has been edited by podgeen (edited 20-07-2001).]

two-eighty, i think.

I have that Radio/Recordable MiniDisc, it's a Sony MZ-G750 and it's brill. I bought it in Richer Sounds and have had no probs with it.

Its ever so slighly larger then the 900 model but your sacrificing that cool remote for the radio(which is built into the remote.)

BTW SweetBirdOfTruth do you know if the remote on the 900 works with the 750???
    I think I read somewhere that they were but I ain't sure.

Advertisement