Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet PCs

• 28-05-2002 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Just found this web page and thought people might like to have a gander at it. I recently bought a cooler master case and the noise was so feckin loud that my house was giving out about it. Anyway thought ye might find it useful.

http://www.quietpc.com/home.php

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I bought some stuff off these guys before - a bit slow on the delivery side but overall, no complaints. Nice quality kit - I got a couple of the ultra quiet processor coolers. They are ok for general use but they don't really cut it if you want to overclock

Bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I bought a power supply and cpu fan off them before, their components are so quiet, you do get what you paid for.
    If pc noise annoys you, its well worth the investment !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

what are their delivery times like?

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

From what I can remember, my delivery took about 4 weeks. This could have been a once off . They may have sorted themselves out by now. It's worth ringing them to find out what the lead times are - once I was aware that there was a problem, I rang them, and they were pretty ok to deal with.

Bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 paws

I just put together a dual MP1800 AMD system with thermalright AX-7 heatsinks and a PAPST 8412NGML fan on each heatsink. Damn quiet. I'm not overclocking, but if you were you'd probably want more powerful fans. The loudest thing in the case is the geforce 1's fan, soon to be replaced with a GF4. Got the fans and heatsinks from overclockers.co.uk.

paw

• Advertisement

Originally posted by adnans
    what are their delivery times like?

adnans

I ordered stuff twice off their website, delivery since ordering took about 3 days. I can leave my pc on overnight now without loss of sleep :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

So wou would need a quiet fan or heatsink on the CPU, the GPU and a quiet powersupply. And that should do it. I hope I'm not leaving anything out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Originally posted by CivilServant
    I hope I'm not leaving anything out.
    you forgot the quiet hard drive. at the moment, i have two in my pc (both 5400 rpm hard drives) and the maxtor one can be confused for a jumbo jet. when it spins, it produces this horrible buzzing that you would kill for. lucky for me, this is only temporary untill i get another seagate. nyom

adnans

yeh i have seagate + wd drives in machine, since i sold maxtor drive, hd noise is considerably less.
    A quiet power supply is only needed if your psu is noisy, mine was noisy...reason for getting a quiet one !

Advertisement