Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking news

• 28-05-2002 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭

fair dues to this site for being the best/fastest source for irish news as it happens. (well its the first place i check anyway)

what about a board for breaking news? it would have to be setup like cs where only moderators or approved poeple could post.

then linked up to a mobile text service type thingy....am i dreaming?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Would be cool, integrate it with a ticker and I'd install it. Boards has been good for breaking news. You'd need a few mods for it though to keep it fresh 24/7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Class idea, actually..

<edit> Hmmm.. just thinking.. as has been mentioned the board could be made so only authorised people can post to it... then, after, say.. a day, the mods move the post to its most relevant forum, so everyone can pick up on the discussion?</edit>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I was thinking that every single Mod would have the power to post with maybe one or two MOd's with the supreme power of monitoring the whole group. If a regular poster is worthy enough he/she could apply for posting in theis forum much like what happened to the Counterstrike forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

actually that idea would be great for the world cup and the like.
    and yankinlk's idea of keeping it there for a day and then moving it is great, that'd be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

it seems like a hell of a lot of work for very little benifit.
    If posts are going to be moved after only one day on the forum why not post them to the *relevent* forum in the first place?Where they can be discussed by everybody and not just a select few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Why not just have a news shortcut forum.

Mods can grab a shortcut from any forum and post it into their News forum. The user clicks on the link (with explanation) and is magically whisked off to the correct forum.

(or is that too much like the front page of boards?)

Advertisement