Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD on PC

• 19-07-2001 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

Ok i got a dvd player on my pc, where do i go on my comp to see wha region it is, and to change it to region free(if possible)

and if tha isint enough, how do i change it to region free??

or is Japan the same region as Ireland?

People of the Boards

I have a cunning plan

and before u ask how cunning

just trust me its cunning

oooo thats cunning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

What make/model is the drive?? Check the device properties for the drive in control pannel/system/hardware/device manager (assuming you have win2k) Post exactly what the drive type is. Once we're aware of this, then we can tell you if its already region free or how to make it region free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

first off go here...-> http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/region.html

then get this -> http://members.nbci.com/fbffohrdyfsys/region/driveinfo11.exe

itll tell ya if your DVD-Rom is region free or not.

the first link will have loads of info on how to be rid of it.

and you can get a list of firmware available for drives here ... http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/firmware.html

[This message has been edited by flamegrill (edited 19-07-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

id trust what flame sayz he knows it inside out backwords and up the ass of a hippo

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Its a samsung DVD rom SD-608 thx for yer help both of u (i tried the dvdinfo yet it gives a blank to wha region it is, does tha mean its region free?)

People of the Boards

I have a cunning plan

oooo thats cunning

[This message has been edited by BlitzKrieg (edited 20-07-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

You have to worry about your Drive's firmware and your software players region.

In order to crack the region on your software, search for a programme called DVD Genie.

Its unlikely that your drives firmware will be a problem but go here www.visualdomain.net for new firmare for various DVD drives.

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

its ok

that driveinfo thing flame gave me tolf me i have no region protection biggrin.gif well this makes me very happy japanese anime here i come

People of the Boards

I have a cunning plan

oooo thats cunning

Advertisement