Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox???

Options
  • 28-05-2002 6:29pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Should i get an xbox?
    While im more than happy with my PC ,P4 1.5,384mb,geforce2 gts pro.Im mainly in to racing sims not the arcadey type,and first person shooters.
    To me the pc combined with my force feedback wheel and pedals cannot be beaten ,games like nascar 2002 and grand prix legends are amazing.
    Can i get a wheel setup for the XBOX?

I also love FPS games like return to castle wolfenstein,medal of honour AA,counterstrike,ghost recon etc.
    Soldier of fortune 2 on the way .
    Halo on Xbox ? Well i played for about 2 hours on a mates xbox and WELL ive seen it all before long before actually,no where near FPS games on the pc.
    As for the future on Xbox?Yes its an amazing system with a bright future it seems.
    What do you guys think??
    Or should i keep my money??
    Or should i invest in ISDN connection,which is seriously expensive ??
    At times i get a good connection on my 56k for the games ive mentioned and the fun to be had is amazing.
    More often than not i get a poor connection.
    I cant seem to be able to make my mind up.Any advice guys??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

the xbox is not a pc.
    It is a games console.
    The style of games on PC and xbox are completely different.
    As you say you like you FPS's. So for FPS you should stick to the PC. For driving / sports / platform games, get a console. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

isdn is prty cheap now aswell
    get an x-box if ya want though,i say wait till after x-mass than make up your mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

The ISDN rental is...the calls are an entirely different fiasco...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

Get an Xbox! ISDN will be pointless soon, with the nationwide rollout of ASDL!

...which is about 15 billion* times the price of ISDN :P

*for real outrageous price go to www.adsl.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement