Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

cheers man. Theres 3 tunes on tapes i have that i need the names of

one goes
    come on, dance with me
    move your body.............
    old trance, choir style vocals

age of love - age of love (get the jam and spoon mix if you can find it)

2nd one sounds familiar but can't think of it.

Last one I have no clue...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

internet pirate set?
    NO such thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Oh yeah, think i got a pm off you as i was logging off from irc the other day, weak infant.
    managed to get it sorted. cheers for the offer though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

cheers man. Theres 3 tunes on tapes i have that i need the names of

one goes
    come on, dance with me
    move your body.............
    old trance, choir style vocals

the chorus to the other goes
    i cant come down
    ambient trance sound to it

On Scott Project, live from eurodance (internet pirate set)
    id like to know the name of the fourth tune, big breakdown in the middle of it
    on the scott project one, is there any sort of vocal in it, he has a couple of tunes that have breakdowns in it like 'u' 'o' overdrive give a little more detail and il be able to help u out i have alot of his stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

In fairness, ALL his songs have a breakdown. They all follow the same format, it really gets boring after a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

(no homo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

2 songs I need help with, both are classics

The first one is a track called raggmuffin :confused: Does anyone remember it at all.

The second track comes from an old Ministry of Sound CD compliation that I lost but I heard Al Gibbs playing it on 104 recently. Theres a piece in the track that goes " I don't think that we should get back together gether gether gether" and then goes techno....

any idea's would be helpful

bbability wrote:
    2 songs I need help with, both are classics

The first one is a track called raggmuffin :confused: Does anyone remember it at all.

The second track comes from an old Ministry of Sound CD compliation that I lost but I heard Al Gibbs playing it on 104 recently. Theres a piece in the track that goes " I don't think that we should get back together gether gether gether" and then goes techno....

any idea's would be helpful
    the raggamuffin one could be the one with shabba ranks/tiger or it could be reggae meets hip hip , the othe rone is a little hard but il check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

bbability wrote:

Yep I know the tune you're on about.
    Have it on mp3 here.

Very reggae like and a guitar in the middle ?
    An singing going "oh yeah, oh yeah,"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hexz

Hi guys, 1st post woo!

can someone tell me what the hell this tune is?

http://www.insomnia.org/~hexz/Unknown_Tune1.mp3

I love it!!!

I've ripped it from a live set by Silicon Soul if that helps:

01 Silicone Soul-Live At Kristal Club (Bucharest) 05-21-Md-2004-Knk.mp3

btw the mp3 of the whole set is here:

http://student.fizika.org/~irakonic/mp3/

Cheers
    Hexz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

Think it qualifies as Dance/Electronic-what's that tune used for the Guinness ad where the guy is walking around Thailand or somewhere in the pissing rain looking for a bar to watch an Ireland match?

CCOVICH wrote:
    Think it qualifies as Dance/Electronic-what's that tune used for the Guinness ad where the guy is walking around Thailand or somewhere in the pissing rain looking for a bar to watch an Ireland match?

Spitfire - The Prodigy from their latest album.
    A lot of requests asking for this; the power of advertsing...

Wertz wrote:
    Spitfire - The Prodigy from their latest album.
    A lot of requests asking for this; the power of advertsing...

Cheers man-I actually have that feckin' album but have never listened to it fully :eek:

CCOVICH wrote:
    Cheers man-I actually have that feckin' album but have never listened to it fully :eek:

I'd assume you "aquired" it then....I find I only listen fully to albums I've paid for... ;)

Wertz wrote:
    I'd assume you "aquired" it then....I find I only listen fully to albums I've paid for... ;)

Actually I have the latest 50 Cent album that I bought from CD WOW and I don't think I've listened to it fully yet (2 months on). So much to do, so little time.........

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

hexz wrote:
    Hi guys, 1st post woo!

can someone tell me what the hell this tune is?

http://www.insomnia.org/~hexz/Unknown_Tune1.mp3

Welcome to Boards. ;)

Sorry I can't help you with the name of the track but it is a class tune. So much so that I'm actually downloading the mix now.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SQDD

BaZmO* wrote:
    Welcome to Boards. ;)

Sorry I can't help you with the name of the track but it is a class tune. So much so that I'm actually downloading the mix now.

B.
    Hey, Been tryin to find out the name of this tune for a while, heard it once on beat fm in cork. Its goes.. "We close our eyes, we never lose a day" fairly strong bass beat throughout song, if anyone knows the name of the song, would be much appreciated,
    Cheers,
    Sqdd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SQDD

Hey, Been tryin to find out the name of this tune for a while, heard it once on beat fm in cork. Its goes.. "We close our eyes, we never lose a day" fairly strong bass beat throughout song, if anyone knows the name of the song, would be much appreciated,
    Cheers,
    Sqdd

SQDD wrote:
    Cheers,
    Sqdd

Reckon this must be a remix of a Go West song called 'We Close Our Eyes'.

Check this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

jdempsey wrote:
    Sounds like "Mc Star & The Real McCoy - Runaway" to me.

Extremely late response here - this track was it. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Deep Dish Live at Oxygen 2005 - anyone help me here...

They played a remake of Xpansions - Move Your Body (higher, higher) with extra vocals:
    "I can't ever refuse youuuu....just wanna go and get it on"

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 *Princess CK*

looking for the name of a dance song that i used to always hear in my days at under18 discos i thinks its something like 'time goes by'. anybody got any ideas what it might be called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

looking for the name of a dance song that i used to always hear in my days at under18 discos i thinks its something like 'time goes by'. anybody got any ideas what it might be called?
    Charlie Dore - Time Goes By (So Slowly) maybe?

Wouldn't have thought it was u18 material but it is dated. Maybe it's something else. ;)

A vague hint at a year would help.
    Couldn't be "Days go by" by Dirty Vegas could it?

Wertz wrote:
    A vague hint at a year would help.
    Couldn't be "Days go by" by Dirty Vegas could it?
    depends how old he is that tune os the one of the mitzy car advert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

What's the name of the song used in the new Argos ad? I think its the same one they use in Soccer Am for the catwalk :confused:

bbability wrote:
    What's the name of the song used in the new Argos ad? I think its the same one they use in Soccer Am for the catwalk :confused:

Mr. Bigstuff by Aretha Franklin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Been looking for ages for for this.I think the track name is called"everybody"Its a few years old William orbit comes to mind but i dont think its him.Its like a remix to one of madonnas songs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Barrie wrote:
    Been looking for ages for for this.I think the track name is called"everybody"Its a few years old William orbit comes to mind but i dont think its him.Its like a remix to one of madonnas songs?
    "Boy Wunda - Everybody" iirc
    it samples the orchestral bit from some madonna tune, right?

http://www.discogs.com/release/10916
    the yomanda mix of that brings back some funny memories :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Cheers yeh thats it all right i dont know where i got william orbit though :)

Advertisement