Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

William Orbit produced most (all) of Madonna's Ray of Light LP and you can actually hear his drum samples etc. in part of the album, that also feature is own releases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cyberpunk

If anyone saw the channel 4 documentary "Stalking Pete Doherty" could you tell me the name of the song played at the very beginning I know its not one of Mr dohertys so can anyone help ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 FunkedUp

Hi was wondering if someone could help... looking for the name of one of the tunes that featured in the advert for the Renaissance cd thats on all teh time in england.... it's the song right before Good Life..

cheers
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Bri wrote:
    William Orbit produced most (all) of Madonna's Ray of Light LP and you can actually hear his drum samples etc. in part of the album, that also feature is own releases.

Yeh thats must if being it.Cheers

Glad to help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Barrie wrote:
    Yeh thats must if being it.Cheers
    Adagio for strings and the tune you were after were both released at the same time too... could be it as well

Anyone identify what this is please? Reminds me of something by Perpetual Motion (Perfecto IIRC) but not sure...just be interested in to see what this is.

I've got a very short crap quality clip - have to change from .doc to mp3 because I'm not able to upload otherwise. If this is problem I'll take it down mods.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

reminds me of "perpetual motion - keep on dancin'" alright...
    it isn't any of the remixes i remember from the positiva release though (mr. spring, mansa and the something or other brothers...)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Perpetual Motion - Keep on Dancing must be a remake or rip off of a much older track. The clip posted is on a Justin Robertson mix tape I have from about '94, had a listen to Perpetual Motion on HTFR and its dated '98 and has a much more hard house feel to it than the version I know from the mix. Not much help as I dont know the name of the track but the clip posted here is 100% from around '94.

Thanks for the effort guys!

To confirm the 94 date I had this sitting here for ages ripped from a tape - which also included Liquid Wheel so it's quite old. I have the Postitive 12" (can't listen to it here though) and I don't think it's that...and the liklihood of that being a sample is v. big.

Any other ideas please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

D.O.P. - Here I go
    It's on guerilla records from 94/95

Danced to this many's a time but only reason I know wtf it is is cos I have it on a DJs @ Work tape by Jon of the pleased wimmin. <3 bargain bin sales :D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Cool, must get a copy now! Good ol DOP, some great releases from them. Thanks Bri for the reminder of the track and Wertz for the name :D

Heheh not a problem.

Wertz you genius...at least I know it's not just perpetual motion remixed again. DOP made some crackers alright.

Cheers mate.

Strange...while hunting this up I came across Born slippy on the smae mix....didn't know it's been about since back that far. Underworld called themselves NUXX back then.

I need to put all my old mixtapes onto hardrive...tapedeck was having trouble winding em, they're that old...

Never heard of Underworld being called Nuxxx - thought that was just the other part of Born Slippy? I know they used to be called Freur but that's all I'd ever heard.

It was released 1995 so presumably promos made it out in 94?

Ah, you're right...must be a typo on the inlay.
    I've been on a retro buzz for the last hour or so due to this thread...found an old N-Joi album I didn't know I still had. Wonder whatever happened to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

your one from republica used to sing for njoi. dunno nwhat happened em though. live in manchester ep was class,adrenaline too was good.they went top 10 in america with that other song which name escapes me at the moment :confused:

your one from republica used to sing for njoi. dunno nwhat happened em though. live in manchester ep was class,adrenaline too was good.they went top 10 in america with that other song which name escapes me at the moment :confused:

Anthem?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

i'm looking for the name of a song and it's been driving me mad trying to find it. It's a good few years old, female vocals, lyrics are:

"Higher........higher..........higher and higher and higher
    ooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo move to the music"

lol, looks a bit funny in type. It has kind of a chilled out beat to it rather than anything too hard.

i'd love if one of you could get the name of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

LorraineL wrote:
    i'm looking for the name of a song and it's been driving me mad trying to find it. It's a good few years old, female vocals, lyrics are:

"Higher........higher..........higher and higher and higher
    ooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo move to the music"

lol, looks a bit funny in type. It has kind of a chilled out beat to it rather than anything too hard.

i'd love if one of you could get the name of it.

spqr - unlimited dreams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

FunkedUp wrote:
    Hi was wondering if someone could help... looking for the name of one of the tunes that featured in the advert for the Renaissance cd thats on all teh time in england.... it's the song right before Good Life..

cheers
    x

Alison Limerick - "Where Love Lies"

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭grimsbymatt

I was listening to Radio 1 from Space in Ibiza on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I think it was Laurent Garnier on the decks when the music changed from house to techno. Does anyone know the name of that first techno tune and if that particular sort of techno has a name?

spqr - unlimited dreams

Thanks Chucky but looked everywhere and can't find it. :confused:

LorraineL wrote:
    Thanks Chucky but looked everywhere and can't find it. :confused:
    On vinyl: http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&disp_ad_format_mode=0&artist=SPQR&title=UNLIMITED+DREAMS

Or are you looking for it on CD?

would need it on cd Bri or else download it. ;)

was on a site last night that is a possibility, i'll recheck the spelling and keep trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

LorraineL wrote:
    would need it on cd Bri or else download it. ;)

was on a site last night that is a possibility, i'll recheck the spelling and keep trying.

LorraineL i have it on record for sale, if u have decks? if not im sure i can burn it to disk for u

tel922001 wrote:
    LorraineL i have it on record for sale, if u have decks? if not im sure i can burn it to disk for u

:eek: Thank you tel, it'd be brilliant if you could burn it for me. can you pm me your info please?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I have it on MP3. If you want I can mail it to you. 5.5mb or thereabouts.

PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭grimsbymatt

I was listening to Radio 1 from Space in Ibiza on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I think it was Laurent Garnier on the decks when the music changed from house to techno. Does anyone know the name of that first techno tune and if that particular sort of techno has a name?
    I see that it's possible to listen to this mix again on the Radio 1 website, http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio1_aod.shtml?radio1/essmix, if anyone can be arsed listening to it and finding out for me (there is a fast forward/rewind button!), I'll give them a kiss.

PS. I can't listen to it myself as I don't have realplayer on my linux machine.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

old club classic - guy saying "open your mind|, then a girl saying "oh" aftwards.

should be easy enough.

Advertisement