Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭v-deniso

Hey guys,

I have the name of the tune but just want to know does anyone have it on mp3. I was only able to get a sample of it from HTFR.com

PUNCHANELLA - SAN TRANCISCO

All time classic track and one I really want to get for my collection

Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

V-deniso, Pm Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

ffocused wrote:
    V-deniso, Pm Sent

heh...ditto...I just never posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

v-deniso wrote:
    Hey guys,

I have the name of the tune but just want to know does anyone have it on mp3. I was only able to get a sample of it from HTFR.com

PUNCHANELLA - SAN TRANCISCO

All time classic track and one I really want to get for my collection

Cheers...
    been re-released in a few weeks on record again, so folks keep ur eyes of for this all time classic,got it on a white label clear record,for 8 euro bargin if ever one, does anyone remember when this tune was goin for 80 quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

anyone know the big mix of hyperlogic 'only me' in around 96 , i hacve bought several mixes but cant get the right one maybe someone can help me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

Hi, Does anyone know the name of that song thats on the 'D&G time' ad for watches on MTV??...lyirics in the ad go somethin' like "..baby rock the beat.."
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

tel922001 wrote:
    anyone know the big mix of hyperlogic 'only me' in around 96 , i hacve bought several mixes but cant get the right one maybe someone can help me
    there should be poop loads of mixes of it over at tidydigital.com
    try listening to a few of the samples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭keenc

tel922001 wrote:

This has to be the red jerry mix your talking about released on a double promo
    before even tidy trax was set up
    Check it out here http://www.discogs.com/release/180205 :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

keenc wrote:
    This has to be the red jerry mix your talking about released on a double promo
    before even tidy trax was set up
    Check it out here http://www.discogs.com/release/180205 :v:
    aren't tidy 10 years old now?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 colettuce

Can anyone help identify a tune?? It's been a classic for me and all my friends for ages but nobody knows what its called or who sings it - we just call it 'the dawn song' cos it always gets played at the end of sessions! Its an unusual one, a guy rapping in italian i think, laid back funky jazzy kind of tune - it's become a bit of an enigma! Hopefully somebody out there can put an end to the mystery. Can anyone tell me how to upload an mp3 so people can listen and see if they know??

• Advertisement

well to upload an mp3 smaple you need some hosting space somewhere...your ISP will usually supply a small amount of server space and bandwidth for your use, but failing that there are places like megaupload.com or similar.

If the file is small enough (under 1mb?) you can attach the file to boards.ie (go to manage attachments in your user CP) and upload it to there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

There's a song I always hear on 2fm on a saturday night but never catch the name. There was an ad for a gig for Fergie on Beat today and that song is in the background so I'm guessing its his song! does anyone know the name of a popular song out now by him??

Thanks Wertz,

Ok here's a link to the file:

http://www.badongo.com/file.php?file=Mystery+Track__2005-11-25_Mystery+Track.mp3.

I don't know if it'll work - hopefully someone will have a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

colettuce wrote:
    Thanks Wertz,

http://www.badongo.com/file.php?file=Mystery+Track__2005-11-25_Mystery+Track.mp3.

I haven't a clue what the song is (not very helpful I know) but I think it's a top tune. I'd love to know the name of it too. I love the driving beat behind it.

The only thing I could suggest if you have no luck is to post up on the Italian board and ask if anybody could pick out some of the lyrics and then do a Google lyrics search. It'd be worth a shot.

B.

Hmm yeah... trouble is I'm not even sure if it's actually Italian. Just taking a guess, but I'll give that a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

cheersfred wrote:
    Thanks for trying but thats not it, anyone else got any ideas?

Red Carpet - Alright, by any chance?
    There's a pretty rare extended remix of it which is an excellent tune, very trance kind of sound to it - I've yet to find it though. :(

colettuce wrote:
    Thanks Wertz,

Dunno what the craic is with this link; anytime I click on the Download this file now, I get redirected to the uploads page...has the file expired or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Chittle

Gah, there's this song that I've heard on various shows for thr past 5 years or so and I've just heard it twice in the past 5 minutes. Firstly on X-Factor before yer man Shane's performance (I know, I know), and then on The Premiership when they were showing clips of George Best.

It's really similar to Chicane - Early but it has a bit more piano in it. Great ambiance to it too.

Wertz wrote:
    Dunno what the craic is with this link; anytime I click on the Download this file now, I get redirected to the uploads page...has the file expired or something?

I don't know what the prob is there, it's still downloading fine for me. I'm working on a mac - i dont know if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Wertz wrote:

Just about the grey bit it says "Click here download file "Mystery Track.mp3"

Click on that and hey presto!!

B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

upmeath wrote:
    i know this is a complete shot in the dark considering i've no lyric for it, it's a housey kinda tune i heard alot towards the end of the summer and in september too, its not particularly fast, the lick sounds a bit like an orch hit or something, if any house heads have a keyboard handy it goes
    E-A-D-E-C-D/D-D-C-E-A...repeat
    please please help me, its been in my head for months and djs in il mondo, bondi, down under, aka, barcode and spirit have been unable to help me!!!

Further on this tune, I heard it in Centra in UCD for the first time in about 2 months this evening, there's a female vocal over it, and a black gospel choir singing "TREASURE LOVE" or something like that behind her. I think one of the verse lines may be "MY LONELY DAYS ARE MEMORIES" but its hard to hear the words...Any more help???????

BaZmO* wrote:
    Just about the grey bit it says "Click here download file "Mystery Track.mp3"

Click on that and hey presto!!

B.

I've tried this on both my comps, using FF and IE (I tried before I posted the other day) and tried it again just now...still redirecting to Upload Your file Now page....only thing I can think of is my router's firewall doesn't like whatever the site does to upload the file to my connection.
    The thing is from the descrip I might just know what this is; sounds very like a tune I have on an old mix CD that came with Ministry magazine a few years back. I'll hunt up the disc if I can find it and post back the title ...

Wertz wrote:
    I've tried this on both my comps, using FF and IE (I tried before I posted the other day) and tried it again just now...still redirecting to Upload Your file Now page....only thing I can think of is my router's firewall doesn't like whatever the site does to upload the file to my connection.
    The thing is from the descrip I might just know what this is; sounds very like a tune I have on an old mix CD that came with Ministry magazine a few years back. I'll hunt up the disc if I can find it and post back the title ...

If you want you could send me on your email address and I could mail it to you. It's about 8mb in size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

i doubt people are going to get this one but it's a dance song thats played in nightclubs for the past few weeks, i never get a chance to get to the DJ and ask him what it's called but part of it goes like this i think

"turn it up! turn it up! turn it up!" then there's also a part that's like "you know I love ya", then osmething else I don't know. I don't expect any1 to know what it si, but maybe someone will based on my bad knowledge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

akindoc wrote:
    i doubt people are going to get this one but it's a dance song thats played in nightclubs for the past few weeks, i never get a chance to get to the DJ and ask him what it's called but part of it goes like this i think

"turn it up! turn it up! turn it up!" then there's also a part that's like "you know I love ya", then osmething else I don't know. I don't expect any1 to know what it si, but maybe someone will based on my bad knowledge

Dunno about the first bit, but the second part sounds very like the song "Hard to Beat", by a band called "Hard-Fi", possibly the Axwell Club remix - not too sure though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭not_sure

Hi I recently heard a remix of Eminem's Superman tune, the one he sings with a woman. Now the mix i heard was a much faster, very lively dance mix and im trying to find out the name of it or the DJ who mixed it.

Id appreciate it if anyone could help me out,

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alvis

Alright lads,

The last track I posted was indeed Mauro Picotto's Lizard. Thanks for all your help. It was also the Claxxix Mix btw.

Anyways, I've got another one. :D

Listen

Any ideas? Please?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭trance2004

Members of Mayday-10 in 01 Class!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alvis

trance2004 wrote:
    Members of Mayday-10 in 01 Class!!!!! :D

Thank you very much :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

(cross posted from After Hours)

A bit vague with the details, I'm afraid. It's a song I have heard only on Spin 1038 - it's a very "dancy" song, appears to be sampled from another. It has a great beat, certainly one you could throw a few shapes to on the dance floor.

The only words I can make out are at the start "When I see you...." The chorus appears to be "Tell me why, Tell me why".

I have spent the whole evening Googling, but can't seem to find it (probably because the details are so vague).

Any ideas?

Advertisement