Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Anyone know the name of the techno song that was released recently with a sample of "Sister Nancy - Bam Bam"?

Please help, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you mean bang bang?
    i have a techy mix of that with a mix of "sasha - expander" on the flip... think it's by MJR project or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Beau wrote:
    Anyone know the name of the techno song that was released recently with a sample of "Sister Nancy - Bam Bam"?

Please help, thanks.

If you mean the bassline riff, then I heard that tune on the essential selection some time over the last few weeks...but even if I saw the name on the tracklist I wouldn't reccy it.

Original's a great tune BTW...

Thanks guys but those are neither of the tunes I was thinking off. When i said recently it was at the end of last year.

It uses the chorus over and over again speeded up. The video is really coulourfull with two djs looking up at the camera singing "Bam Bam". First time I heard it I nealry died with shame beacause it was so bad but then I heard it into a shop and it made me dance :confused: ah well any help would be cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Anyone know the name of that song they always play it in clubs now it goes something like
    "This is my favourite something something", then it goes "we're gonna party til the end of the night" or something, think it's the same song otherwise they just always play the 2 of them together, but it goes like "put your hands up - put your hands up - put your hands up" etc.. any ideas? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

dcGT wrote:
    Hi All,
    I'm looking for the artist/title of a dance track from the early/mid 90s I'd say.

The only lyrics I can recall in it are: -

(we got, we got we got, we got) love and emotion (we got we got...)

Not a lot to go on I know.....but if anyone has any ideas it would be great.

Cheers,

DC.
    I think it might be MC sar love and devotion

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

Hi everyone... i know you can help me on this!

I'm pretty sure the song is called Hideaway - not to be confused with the song of the same name by De'Lacy (I need a h h h hideaway)

this one is sung by a girl... some of the chorus goes like this:

don't you worry bout a thing we can have a little fling.
    Hideaway, lets find a place where we can hideaway.

not much to fo on I know, anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

hi...thought i might revive this seeing as how i never got an answer and im still dying to find out who it is...
    i know this is a complete shot in the dark considering i've no lyric for it, it's a housey kinda tune i heard alot towards the end of the summer and in september too, its not particularly fast, the lick sounds a bit like an orch hit or something, if any house heads have a keyboard handy it goes
    E-A-D-E-C-D/D-D-C-E-A...repeat
    please please help me, its been in my head for months and djs in il mondo, bondi, down under, aka, barcode and spirit have been unable to help me!!!
    there's a female vocal over it, and what sounds like a black gospel choir singing "TREASURE LOVE" or something like that behind her. I think one of the verse lines may be "MY LONELY DAYS ARE MEMORIES" but its hard to hear the words...Any more help???????

could be basement jaxx but i still have no definite leads. PLEASE PLEASE help me, it's been in my head for 6months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Beau wrote:
    Thanks guys but those are neither of the tunes I was thinking off. When i said recently it was at the end of last year.

It uses the chorus over and over again speeded up. The video is really coulourfull with two djs looking up at the camera singing "Bam Bam". First time I heard it I nealry died with shame beacause it was so bad but then I heard it into a shop and it made me dance :confused: ah well any help would be cool.

Audio bullys - bang bang?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

A tune called San Frantrisco? Anyone now anything about it? WWhere it can be downloaded.

San Trancisco by Punchanella on React records. Doubt you'll find it on iTunes or any corporate sites tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Ichiro

Just watched that add for the Golf with a dance version of 'Singing in the Rain' Love it

Who did it and Where can I get it????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Ichiro

And Is there somewhere i can listen to it fully? Cos I keep playing the Add on my computer in Uni and im only getting a snipet

Audio bullys - bang bang?

No!

The sample in it from a song called "Bam Bam" by Sister Nancy not Bang Bang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭TheIceMaker

I can't get this song outta my head. It sounds a bit like Michael Jackson, goes 'I'll be alone sittin by the phone waiting for you'. Who does it n wats its name? cheers

Ichiro wrote:
    Just watched that add for the Golf with a dance version of 'Singing in the Rain' Love it

Who did it and Where can I get it????

Mint Royale did the mix. I grabbed it off of P2P, and I'm not sure it was ever actually released...possibly came out on a compilation album someplace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

anyone know the name of this song. it was out at some stage in the 90s and goes "down down down da down... etc"

heard a mix of it with audio bullies/nancy sinatra but can't find it anywhere

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

markk06 wrote:
    anyone know the name of this song. it was out at some stage in the 90s and goes "down down down da down... etc"

heard a mix of it with audio bullies/nancy sinatra but can't find it anywhere

cheers
    "Paul Jackson - Get down"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Anyone know the name of the tune in the new soccer Heineken "Champions Planet" ad? Romario is in the ad and there's lots of bird poo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Anyone got any idea as to what these two songs might be? It's really bugging me, they're on every hour or so on Fun 107.3 as part of the mixtape they've been playing for some time now. They both play one after the other in the mix.

First one is a very housey-tune. Vocals go something like "Ripping out the track. Front and back. Attack, attack, attack" and there's very dominant strings as the backing tune.
    Second track is directly after it, again it's a very housey type tune, has soft "eerie" sounding low strings in the background, with lyrics every so often along the lines of "There's something in the air tonight. Can you feel it. Electricity. Tension. Joy. It's all around us. You can't see it, but it's there."

Any help / suggestions greatly appreciated! :)

ok new song i'm after, i asked the dj in 21 last tuesday what its called, it's being played a lot at the minute. he told me its "STUDIO B- I SEE GIRLS" but I've downloaded 2 versions of it and they're both different from the one I want, one's a rap version, the other a Tom Neville remix with faster beat and more of the guy going "You know I see you girl, you know I want you girl, cos you drive me crazy"
    Anyone know what version I'm after if I want the one with the girl going "Ah ah ah...Ah ah ah...Oh Oh Oh"???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

if its a 21st chances are its the original mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Repli wrote:
    Anyone know the name of that song they always play it in clubs now it goes something like
    "This is my favourite something something", then it goes "we're gonna party til the end of the night" or something, think it's the same song otherwise they just always play the 2 of them together, but it goes like "put your hands up - put your hands up - put your hands up" etc.. any ideas? thanks :)

Underdog Project - Summer Jam?

upmeath wrote:
    hi...thought i might revive this seeing as how i never got an answer and im still dying to find out who it is...
    i know this is a complete shot in the dark considering i've no lyric for it, it's a housey kinda tune i heard alot towards the end of the summer and in september too, its not particularly fast, the lick sounds a bit like an orch hit or something, if any house heads have a keyboard handy it goes
    E-A-D-E-C-D/D-D-C-E-A...repeat
    please please help me, its been in my head for months and djs in il mondo, bondi, down under, aka, barcode and spirit have been unable to help me!!!
    there's a female vocal over it, and what sounds like a black gospel choir singing "TREASURE LOVE" or something like that behind her. I think one of the verse lines may be "MY LONELY DAYS ARE MEMORIES" but its hard to hear the words...Any more help???????

could be basement jaxx but i still have no definite leads. PLEASE PLEASE help me, it's been in my head for 6months!

It sounds like Rythim is Rythim - Strings of Life ?
    Or more likely - Soul Central ft. Kathy Brown - Strings of Life (Stronger on my Own)

I can't get this song outta my head. It sounds a bit like Michael Jackson, goes 'I'll be alone sittin by the phone waiting for you'. Who does it n wats its name? cheers

Could be HiTack - Say say say

http://www.hitackmusic.com/

jimi_t wrote:
    It sounds like Rythim is Rythim - Strings of Life ?
    Or more likely - Soul Central ft. Kathy Brown - Strings of Life (Stronger on my Own)

its VERY similar, thanks for trying, i havent heard this song in almost 4 months now but somehow i think it might have been a big acid/house song last summer... leads from people ive been talking to "dancing in the rain" "singing in the rain" and basement jaxx. i doubt its basement jaxx but if there's a song similar to strings of life with "in the rain" in the name, please please let me know!

upmeath wrote:
    leads from people ive been talking to "dancing in the rain" "singing in the rain" and basement jaxx. i doubt its basement jaxx but if there's a song similar to strings of life with "in the rain" in the name, please please let me know!

Well unless you're referring to Mint Royale - Singing in the Rain (the song from the VW ad) then I don't know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Nedrac

Some of the lyrics are

"It moves my skin
    I hate the rain
    I am over you"

I can remember anything else apart from a small bit of the tune tried googling it but nothing came up.
    cheers
    ned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

how we doin? need help with a tune.

it was on a mixmag cd a couple of years ago if anyone remembers the one with gang starr - rep grows bigga and jurassic 5 on it. the cd stared with a few hip hop tunes then some downbeat eltconic stuff then a bit of dum and bass at the end. anyway there was a tune on it really mellow and the lyrics went

"the blackest sun in the sky is the waterloo sunrise"
    "i'm so tired, i'm wired"

its a really class tune hope someone can help.

Advertisement