Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

lookin for a tune, some lyrics:
    'In the face, it's like a rock. I've got the music

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

*bump*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Aidok

Hi guys, was wonderin would any1 be able to tell me the name of this song, it has been wrecking my head for weeks!

cheers!

http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?Fla...erId=127324269

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sbh

Henry's in the 90's

Hi everyone,
    I can't get this song out of my head that used to be played in Sir Henry's (Cork) in the late 90's. The chorus goes something along the lines of...." It's a love so strong, when in any kinda weather, just as long as we're together" " and when we're makin love...and when we're makin love.... it's a love so strong.. " etc

Any help with the name or artist would be great, it's driving me mad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Does anyone know the sample that is used as the main track in "aint no fun" by snoop dogg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

try mixu.org/mp3.htm - they won't be there forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Does anyone know the sample that is used as the main track in "aint no fun" by snoop dogg?

The best place to start looking for early G-Funk samples is listening to Parliament Funkadelic and George Clinton stuff, they were used a lot in the late-80's/early-90's stuff which has evolved into what we today call Gangsta Rap. I know the tune and all, but I couldn't tell you where the sample came from. Sorry!

P.S. Probably a hell of a lot more likely to find answers in the Hip Hop forums than in the Dance & Electronic forums!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Anyone know where i could download this tune....its by Marcel Woods.

http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=3566624284

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Any of the lads familiar with Dublin dance music at the moment know the name of that source code song with the guy talking about his life? anyone know where i could get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭UnReg123

PCros wrote:
    Anyone know where i could download this tune....its by Marcel Woods.

http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=3566624284

Hey, finally found out what that tune is! was looking for it myself... its called Ctrl Walt Del

this should be a link to it!! hopefully it works:D , just click download

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bmlxah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Cheers man it worked!:D

no bother, glad it worked!!!!!

UnReg123 wrote:
    Hey, finally found out what that tune is! was looking for it myself... its called Ctrl Walt Del

this should be a link to it!! hopefully it works:D , just click download

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bmlxah

Thanks a million, my brother was looking for that same song for the last 2 months, I asked all the trance and techno DJs I know at home but nobody had an answer for me, Walt Jenssen seems to be fairly unknown!
    sendspace, is that for all files? Do you need to set up an account?

as far as i know!! don't really use it much, i didnt bother setting up an account and it worked fine! yea a load of people were looking for it, myself included!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Looking to identify a few tunes from the Hackers (unbelievable) set in the TBMC last month. The full-set is available here:

http://www.remedyireland.com/images/music/podcasts/Remedy_Ireland_Podcast_001_The_Hacker.mp3

What I'd really love would be a set-list but I can't find one, so even if someone could identify these tunes it would be well appreciated.

20:20 onwards - Driving dark-electro (Chorus about 21:30)

41:34 onwards - Kind of Itali-Disco with a vocoded voice going "make the world go away, and take this weight off my shoulders, say the things you used to say, and make the world go away". The original vocal is lifted from the tune “Make The World Go Away” by Mickey Gilley.

UnReg123 wrote:
    as far as i know!! don't really use it much, i didnt bother setting up an account and it worked fine! yea a load of people were looking for it, myself included!!

Cheers man, I went to the bother of setting up an account last week only to later realise that all I needed was to google the "(song name)+sendspace" to get what I wanted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Anyone catch who this was?

Was a set played before DJ Meck (sp?) who played from 2-3/4.

Thanks

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

It's alright. Got it. AM - FERRY CORSTEN IN DOLBY PROLOGIC SURROUND FROM TF THEATRE, CASTLEBAR.

Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭half_life_man

does anyone know the name of this dance song, well at least i think its dance. its sounds like african people singing, the lyrics go like this "hey yamama mawheeyoh hey yamama mawheyeeoh" pls tell me guys i love this song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Haven't a clue mate :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Havent a clue either. A bit more info is required I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Dario G - Sunchyme?

Sample: www.seanie-m.com/DarioG-Sunchymesample.wma

Seanie.

Yeah that's definitely Dario G - Sunchyme, in the summer of 1997. Hard to believe that's 10 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

hi lads anyone have a copy of suzette charles "free to love again: from back in 93 that they cpould upload thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

jimi_t wrote:
    Looking to identify a few tunes from the Hackers (unbelievable) set in the TBMC last month. The full-set is available here:

http://www.remedyireland.com/images/music/podcasts/Remedy_Ireland_Podcast_001_The_Hacker.mp3

What I'd really love would be a set-list but I can't find one, so even if someone could identify these tunes it would be well appreciated.

20:20 onwards - Driving dark-electro (Chorus about 21:30)

41:34 onwards - Kind of Itali-Disco with a vocoded voice going "make the world go away, and take this weight off my shoulders, say the things you used to say, and make the world go away". The original vocal is lifted from the tune “Make The World Go Away” by Mickey Gilley.

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Slicklink

sbh wrote:
    Henry's in the 90's

Hi everyone,
    I can't get this song out of my head that used to be played in Sir Henry's (Cork) in the late 90's. The chorus goes something along the lines of...." It's a love so strong, when in any kinda weather, just as long as we're together" " and when we're makin love...and when we're makin love.... it's a love so strong.. " etc

Any help with the name or artist would be great, it's driving me mad!!

Secret Life - Love so Strong (ah the early days of Brothers in Rhthym) sample here

http://www.discogs.com/release/167287

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Hi,
    You guys might be able to help me?
    I'm looking for the band/DJ who came out with a song in the early 90's that used a sample of KC and the sunshines band "Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight!" as a chorus and had a woman sining "I wanna dance" in between the choruses. I think there were load of cartoon characters dancing in the video, old cartoons. Just can't think of the name of song or dj. Any help gratefully appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭imalegend

bamboogie-get down tonight i think is the song you are looking for!;)

Came to me last night - thought the band name was Bamboo for some reason. So the song is called Bamboogie? thanks, iamlegend

• Advertisement

Hi,
    I just have another query about a song which was another dance song from the 90's and contained the lyrics "Bip bam bip bam boogie,"
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Advertisement