Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Lookin for the names of two tunes

One had the line "cameras ready prepare to flash", and was like a tour of a night club with people takin different types of drugs

The second had the line, "Columbias Amazon basin has become a production centre for countries biggest illegal export, Cocaine"

Anybody remember them, a good ten years old now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Flash by Green Velvet is the first one.

I know the 2nd one but don't have a title; someone here will know it.

Oh and a good 12 years or more BTW :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

One had the line "cameras ready prepare to flash", and was like a tour of a night club with people takin different types of drugs
    Green Velvet - "Flash"

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Nice one, cant wait to hear it again. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Wertz wrote:
    Groove Armada fits the bill maybe....but I think it's Work by Masters At Work myself.

Your high pitched whistle one might be Sugarshack by Seb, but that's like 13 yrs old so probably not. Give us some more description.

It is indeed Masters At Work.

You're a genius! ... and that groovearmada song is pretty cool too!

I cannot find anything by sugarshack on youtube tho :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 discostevo

The second had the line, "Columbias Amazon basin has become a production centre for countries biggest illegal export, Cocaine"

The second track is Chapter 9 - Swindle (Cocaine) you'll find a sample at hard to find. http://www.htfr.com/playlist/?catno=MR41479

In the meantime, someone will probably find this really easy but it's killing me. What's the song in the attached sample???

thanks,
    Steve

http://www.mediafire.com/?bzfnngnx3t2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Anyone know the name of this tune?

It's played in the Wmv file on the left hand side of this page.

http://www.skydive.ie/starting/aff.html

thanks alot

k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Anyone know the name of this tune?

Orbital - Dr. Who Theme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

thanks anima

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

jimi_t wrote:
    Looking to identify a few tunes from the Hackers (unbelievable) set in the TBMC last month. The full-set is available here:

http://www.remedyireland.com/images/music/podcasts/Remedy_Ireland_Podcast_001_The_Hacker.mp3

What I'd really love would be a set-list but I can't find one, so even if someone could identify these tunes it would be well appreciated.

20:20 onwards - Driving dark-electro (Chorus about 21:30)

41:34 onwards - Kind of Itali-Disco with a vocoded voice going "make the world go away, and take this weight off my shoulders, say the things you used to say, and make the world go away". The original vocal is lifted from the tune “Make The World Go Away” by Mickey Gilley.

Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Anybody know the name of the first tune played for the thunderbirds last week. It was a kind of slow trance tune with no words to it & was very catchy.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mkeane

Second one is
    Dino Lenny - Cocaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

i know this is a long shot

looking for a song it was a bit of a crossover hit in the regular charts and had a fair bit of radio play was from around 2001 or 2002.

The video was all about a party going on until the morning and people watch the sun rise from the rooftop. All very upbeat and happy

anyone any ideas?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cornflake666

i know this is a long shot

looking for a song it was a bit of a crossover hit in the regular charts and had a fair bit of radio play was from around 2001 or 2002.

The video was all about a party going on until the morning and people watch the sun rise from the rooftop. All very upbeat and happy

anyone any ideas?

thanks

Rui Da Silva - Touch me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

cheers thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Basically I have been searching for this song for years. It's commonly played in documentaries and on tv programmes and now finally I have found a sample of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQS8lnwLpPg&mode=related&search=

played on 7mins 50secs

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THE NAME OF THIS SONG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

It's Moby - God moving over the face of the waters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Thats the one, great song. Was in "Heat" as well to great effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Anyone know of a tune by 2 many Djs, house tune that has a repetitive sample of what i can only describe a western/cowboy vibe to it?
    Poor description i know.:o

This is the western sample used if it helps...
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=kUYQVXPv27k&mode=related&search=

The only track I can think of with that sample is Switch - A Bit Patchy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rocky79

Hi,
    Can anyone help with the name and artist for the below song. Was my highlight of Deep Dishes set on Sunday but I have no idea what its called?:confused:

It's a girl singing very high pitched

"tell me the way that I can fly... ???
    tell me the way that I can die ....???

Sorry nmot much to go one here but I'm sure the song is quite well known

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kenny

Need help, I heard a track over the weekend and can't for the life of me remember whats it's called.

It's an old school techno/trance tune, there's a break in it where a (sultry sounding) women says 'Come on, dance with me' and repeats it a few times.

Any hints appreciated...it's doing my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Over&Over

Age Of Love 'Age Of Love' ??

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kenny

Missed the sticky:rolleyes:

Over&Over, thats the one. Muchos gracias.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT9pH9C7Oew&mode=related&search=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MB2

Kolodny wrote:
    The only track I can think of with that sample is Switch - A Bit Patchy.

Yeah, that's it: the original is Michael Viner's Incredible Bongo Band, "Apache"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sportyone82

hello, just wondering can you help me identify the original tune in kevin and perry go large it is the one at the end where they are on stage remixing...what is the original tune called...on the soundtrack it is 'big girl all i want to do is do it' by kev and perry, but who done the original thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

This wrecked my head finding it; all that 90's trance sounds so alike. Was sure I had it someplace though so I've been digging for over an hour and finally found it.

Y Traxx - Mystery Land.

Get the original mix from 95....it's over and above any of the remixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=acDzI5VxChQ

any ideas ??,could be the black dog not too sure,much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shanahap

Hi
    I have stuck some short snippets of tunes up that I don't know the name of on the following website:

http://www.putfile.com/shanahap/media

I would have taped them off Sunset 107 and Power FM years ago and also from some old mix tapes I have. They are from around 1993 and 1994. Some would have been played in the Temple of Sound.

They can be streamed from the site without downloading which makes it handy for having a quick listen to them.

Anyone got any ideas? Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Bison

Hi,

This is going to sound a bit mad but was at Lovebox last weekend and heard a great new dance tune the crowd were going mad to and would love to get the name...

Unfortunately all I have is that it is a woman singing and the chorus is
    woah-oh, woah woah woah-oh

If anyone can spot that then serious respect to you.... :)

Advertisement