Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

From that description I can't beleive I know this one but its Control by Gossip.

Its was good craic in that tent alright!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Bison

From that description I can't beleive I know this one but its Control by Gossip.

Its was good craic in that tent alright!!

You sir, are a legend. Good spot.

Sounds like it is the back end of the Tronik Youth Remix I am thinking of.
    http://www.back-yard.co.uk/docs/gossip.html

That tent blew all the rest of them away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fusion.1

Lenny wrote:
    As the topic says

BAMBELEC! 2MANY DJ'S USE IT ND SO DOES VITALIC!:D

Lenny wrote:
    As the topic says

BAMBELEC! 2MANY DJ'S USE IT ND SO DOES VITALIC!:D

hello, just wondering can you help me identify the original tune in kevin and perry go large it is............ its goes lik duittt diuuttt duiiitt duiiit dadoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! den again!! i heard it during the flim!!f iv the rest of der songs lik coming on strong, nd y-traxx!, just need that song cos i love it dn plus its been in my head 4 3 weeks now nd its doing it in so if can help ill do da same favour in return in which u ask............byrneronamad1@hotmail.com............ if wana contact me ders my address!!

sound........

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

fusion.1 wrote:
    hello, just wondering can you help me identify the original tune in kevin and perry go large it is............ its goes lik duittt diuuttt duiiitt duiiit dadoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! den again!! i heard it during the flim!!f iv the rest of der songs lik coming on strong, nd y-traxx!, just need that song cos i love it dn plus its been in my head 4 3 weeks now nd its doing it in so if can help ill do da same favour in return in which u ask............byrneronamad1@hotmail.com............ if wana contact me ders my address!!

sound........

This is the soundtrack...
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kevin-Perry-Go-Large-Ost/dp/tracks/B00004T3XY/ref=dp_tracks_all_1/202-6813555-1519853?ie=UTF8&qid=1185477359&sr=8-1#disc_1

it might be 'toca me. in petto mix' or maybe david morales needin you
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn-tzUdadwo&mode=related&search=

knird evol wrote:
    THANKS VERY MUCH!! BU THE THING IS I DNT KNO THE NAME OF THE SONG!!??? SO THATS USELESS WNE SENDD ME A LINK TO A LIST OF SONGS WEN I CLEARLY DNT KNO THEN TRACK NAME!!...............ND ITS NOT TOCA OR DAVID MORALES! GOES LIK A GUITAR!!.....duittt diuuttt duiiitt duiiit dadoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! den again!! DEN GUITAR! DEN SUM GIRL SINGIN OVER IT!! den duittt diuuttt duiiitt duiiit dadoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! den again!!......................

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

Looking for the full title including artist for this tune....."Dreams".....cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Quench - Dreams

That's just a wild guess though, you're gonna have to give us a little more to work with...
    http://www.discogs.com/search?type=releases&q=dreams&btn=Search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Woods

@ fusion.1

I reckon it's 'Luvstruck - Southside Spinners'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

can someone id this tune please..
    http://media.putfile.com/Jay-Carey---Anxiety-Side-A-003
    just click clink and it will play.
    and if anyone knows of other tunes that uses the main sample in it, am sure it has been used before.
    cheers folks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

derra wrote:
    can someone id this tune please..
    http://media.putfile.com/Jay-Carey---Anxiety-Side-A-003
    just click clink and it will play.
    and if anyone knows of other tunes that uses the main sample in it, am sure it has been used before.
    cheers folks
    It sounds link it's ripping off "Dark and Long" by Underworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,752 ✭✭✭✭L1011

http://www.gaelstar.com/Sound%20clip.aac

This is extremely quiet so it may be hard to hear, I know I should know this and I think I may already have it somewhere... but I can't remember what its called!

*edit*

Been Id'ed for me, Yanou - King of My Castle (Sander van Doorn remix).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

BaZmO* wrote:
    It sounds link it's ripping off "Dark and Long" by Underworld.

cheers for reply bazmo, and i knew i should of said it was used in dark and long :) but heard that synth used before in other tunes and whether it was remixes of the original etc i dont know , by the way i heard it a long time ago but the mix i got that bit out of is in the asylum thread, think its second last page, jay carey anxiety , quality tunes on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tunni

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXJIxZPhftE please help guys!! I would be very grateful, thankyou :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭ptashka

very fresh sounding/electronic dance tune, was on the radio for a little while before that song for mutya came out.

anyone links or ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Ok I lied about the money, but you'll have my utmost respect if you can identify this tune.

First heard it on Club FM back around 95/96. Wish I could give more details on the track, this is goin to be a bit vague....

Starts off really slow and mellow with piano playing - really uplifting. There's vocal sample too, an echoe-y voice that sings something with the word "love" (I think) in it. Then a beat kicks in (not really heavy, though).

Then the tune changes completely. Turns into a real get-your hands in the air, stomping dance tune. Then there's the sound of a whistle - sounds like a whistle some entusiastic clubber would use on the dance floor.
    Then it returns to the mellow part again like at the start of the tune.

Come on, can anyone help me out wit this? I regard it as an absolute classic track, I'm sure someone out there has heard of it. I've tried googling it, ripping my hair out at this stage!

Thing is I actually have the track, but it's a crappy tape recording from Club FM. I'd love to be able to hear it properly, ie. download it or buy the single if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Porkpie wrote:
    Ok I lied about the money, but you'll have my utmost respect if you can identify this tune.

First heard it on Club FM back around 95/96. Wish I could give more details on the track, this is goin to be a bit vague....

Starts off really slow and mellow with piano playing - really uplifting. There's vocal sample too, an echoe-y voice that sings something with the word "love" (I think) in it. Then a beat kicks in (not really heavy, though).

Then the tune changes completely. Turns into a real get-your hands in the air, stomping dance tune. Then there's the sound of a whistle - sounds like a whistle some entusiastic clubber would use on the dance floor.

Come on, can anyone help me out wit this? I regard it as an absolute classic track, I'm sure someone out there has heard of it. I've tried googling it, ripping my hair out at this stage!

Thing is I actually have the track, but it's a crappy tape recording from Club FM. I'd love to be able to hear it properly, ie. download it or buy the single if possible.

I could be way off track here but I reckon it's the David Holmes' mix of Smokebelch by the Sabres of Paradise....even if it isn't, you should find that track anyway, because it rules. But I think it's what you're after...
    I'll quite happily take cash or cheque :)
    [edit] the original (Weatherall?) mix of this is my favourite, but it's a lot slower and housier with some great bass breakdowns.

Ptashka: pretty sure the only other track GA released off the new album is Get Down. The whole album is worth having IMO, even the Mutya song is a bit of a grower (and that's coming from someone who depsises the Sugababes' style of music)

Cheers Wertz, I recognise the tune that you mention, it's a classic alright, but not the one I'm lookin for!

The tune I'm after may be a little more obscure than Smokebelch.

Actually, Tunni, sorry I don't know the name of the tune you're lookin for but the start of the track that I'm after sounds kinda similar your one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

Porkpie sounds like Guro Josh - Holografic dreams. Though there was a link in the Asylum thread but I can't find it. Try a search in google or you tube and you'll find it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ROM79

Porkpie wrote:

That sounds like the Ya-Ya's-LOOOVE Porkpie. Leave it with me and I'll u/l it for you.

Have a listen to this: http://www.mediafire.com/?0kjbbxoy9ju

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 sideshow187

Can anyone please tell me the name of any of the 3 tunes in this clip?
    Its recorded off a sasha mix from last year in montreal

please help!

http://rapidshare.com/files/49813608/Sound_1.mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cjard

Ahh, class.. this forum looks like what I've been looking for for a long time - irish people have always been properly clued up on their house (I started recording a radio show called Wes' House by Mark Wesley of Cool FM 97.4[belfast] in about 96, and the little bugger was terrible at giving out track titles, so most my mix tapes from that time have no IDs. I gotta dig through them and get out the lyrics and samples I'm looking for IDing, but here's one to start..

The lyrics run (as far as I can remeber) like:

1) "I feel the sorrow and the pain, it's driving me insane, like poison running through my veins" - female vocals with a kinda "scratchy" sound to her voice

2) "under a blue sky, we shall come together" - very smooth sounding female vocal, and this lyric is near the start of the track, not much instrumentation. Phonemising the lyric it would run; "Unnnderrrrrr a bluuuuuueeeee skyyyyyyyy.. we shall come togeeeeether"
    Other lyric included the word "forever" to rhyme with together but i dont remember the rst of the sentece, maybe something about living or running forever

3) This one samples a star wars tune I think, a male voice says something about approaching a rebel base (as though he is piloting a space craft).Either that, or it's NASA talking about a space mission where something is "looking pretty good"
    I'm not sure whether the same tune (it was in a mix) but there's a voice that sounds a lot like Judge Reinhold, and it says "my definition of a home basket, is just a little style" - i dont recall if this was Boombastic - Jazz style or not

That's it for now.. expect me to return with more puzzlers when I dig out my VHS tapes (a NICAM stereo VCR was the best way of recording 4 hours of FM radio show while i was at work! Set the timer, connect the radio, fantastic.. Could even leave markers on the tape at song breaks, for a primitive track skip system :) ) and get soe of them sampled into the computer

Others to follow

Thanks for the effort Rom79, but that's not the one I'm after.

a147pro - cheers, I've been googling guro josh and the track title, can find references to it, but can't find any site that lets me listen to the tune. Will keep trying....

I downloaded it on MP3 (off boards i thought) but now i can't find it. Have it on MP3 at home on the desktop but haven't a rashers how to upload it.

Pretty sure thats it, your description of the tune as suddenly changing is key. This song opens up with a distorted robot voice, goes into a piano line with the echoey voice over it, then just goes nuts for about two or three minutes with distortion and air horns and a guy saying 'the sound of the future.... the futahhhhh", then back into the slowish piano. It was the sound of the future as well, way ahead of its time and was a really big dublin tune.

If you can't find it go into Abbey disks, they have it on one-sided white label, which is handy cos it used to sell for big bucks.

Lads,

I just found out from some dude on another website (Tuneid.com) what the track is. At last!!! Yeeha!

Transformer 2 - Pacific Symphony (Italian Smooth remix)

Come on, anyone recognise it? It's one of those rare tunes that gives me goosebumps. The IS mix is the one I recognise, seems to be the best version too. Pity I can only get small samples of the track from the net, if anyone knows of a link to a full version I'd really appreciate it.

Right, I better do some work here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Porkpie wrote:
    Lads,

I just found out from some dude on another website (Tuneid.com) what the track is. At last!!! Yeeha!

Come on, anyone recognise it? It's one of those rare tunes that gives me goosebumps. The IS mix is the one I recognise, seems to be the best version too. Pity I can only get small samples of the track from the net, if anyone knows of a link to a full version I'd really appreciate it.

Yeah I know track alright, although didn't recognise it from your description. I actually have it on vinyl at home.

Porkpie wrote:
    Lads,

yes its all starting to make sense now. Great track, lots of mixes of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ROM79

Porkpie wrote:
    Lads,

I reckon I have a mix of this on MP3 at home- don't know which one. I'll try u/l for you during the week.:cool:

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill!

Advertisement