Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

good to hear you found what you were looking for Pork
    Hagged Lake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Porkpie wrote:
    Lads,

I just found out from some dude on another website (Tuneid.com) what the track is. At last!!! Yeeha!

Transformer 2 - Pacific Symphony (Italian Smooth remix)

Come on, anyone recognise it? It's one of those rare tunes that gives me goosebumps. The IS mix is the one I recognise, seems to be the best version too. Pity I can only get small samples of the track from the net, if anyone knows of a link to a full version I'd really appreciate it.

Right, I better do some work here.....

One of my all time favorite tunes, spine tingler, one of the few tracks I've ever heard that had me running up to the DJ box to ID....like Bazmo, I'd not have gotten it from your description either. Hvae it somewhere on disc, I'll look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just found it!! And as per usual in the last pile!!! :rolleyes:

I actually forgot how brilliant this track is. Listening to it is bringing back so many good memories, Brian Keogh playing it in So in particular. It was a big tune in Sides too back in the early days of it's existence.

Gonna record it tonight and then upload (probably in work in the morning as my connection at home is pretty sh1te).

I thought I'd give it a bash at uploading it and to my surprise the connection was quite fast. :eek:

So here it is...

Pacific Symphony Too (Latino Smooth Mix) - Transformer 2

I recorded the mix on the flip but I forgot to save it :o

Oh nice, not heard that mix before

Here's the Italian Smooth mix:
    http://download.yousendit.com/257E773B71EFDC6F

Have the unmixed '91 version somewhere too but that's enough artists' rights infringement for one night...

• Advertisement

That's odd, the one that you uploaded is the same as the one I uploaded. :confused:

They also have different listings and names on Discogs. My one is called Pacific Symphony Too whereas yours is just Pacific Symphony

I have the original which features some other remixes also but the Latino/Italian mixes are the best imo.

Your rip shows up as the Latino Moody mix in it's tag and is 11mb compared to my 9mb. Also differing lengths, bitrate etc
    Definitely different versions...

Wertz wrote:
    Your rip shows up as the Latino Moody mix in it's tag and is 11mb compared to my 9mb. Also differing lengths, bitrate etc
    Definitely different versions...
    I just realised what I've done. I've uploaded the Latino Moody Mix instead of the Latino Smooth Mix which is the exact same as the one you uploaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Wertz, Bazmo

Cheers for the u/l's. Wertz, your mix is the one I remember, the best version I reckon.

Ah come on yous are sayin my description was crap then? :)

Anyways I got the tune I was lookin for, happy days. Don't know much about uploading stuff myself, not really well up on these things....

Porkpie wrote:
    Don't know much about uploading stuff myself, not really well up on these things....
    Apparently either am I...... :o;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

what about THK France...can't find it anywhere...all that dance from the 90's ...pure class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 cmd17hmr

im looking for the name of the tune that is played at the last set in pacha in ITS ALL GONE PEET TONG
    this is the very first thing that he plays before he starts mixing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 behanj

Hi,

Bear with me on this one:
    Jenny Greene (I think) played this tune at abotu 5 to 11 on Monday night.
    I was driving home after a very long day so can't give a very accurate description of the song, but it sounded like a remix/sample of a Chemical Brother's tune.
    That's not very accurate, it was more like a female vocal that made short gasps of breath to the beat of, what sounded like, a sample from the Chemical Brothers.
    It was the second last song she played before 11. She even gave the name of it.
    Any help would be most appreciated as I can't get this out of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭domonick

hey , this will more than likely sound a stupid question but i heard a song few days back old dance tune that i have'nt heard in a while im not sure who done it or the name of the song think it was called it'll make me crazy i would love to know who it was so i can go get it any ideas anybody bear in mind i did say it was a stupid question and not a lot of info to go on but thanks in advance ,it's drivin me crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭rasoul

i know the tune of which you speak, cant think of name , but it will come to me

• Registered Users Posts: 36 djliamo

Sounds like Felix - "It Will Make Me Crazy"

Great tune

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Can anyone ID these two tunes off Billy Nasty - Groove, a mix tape that was knocking around in 1995, have been looking particularly for the 2nd tune. Cheers :-)

http://media.putfile.com/Billy-Nasty---Groove-sample-1

http://media.putfile.com/Billy-Nasty---Groove-sample-2

Was positive the 2nd one was Acperience by Hardfloor but even though they sound very similar, it's not.
    Would be 99% positive that this track is either by, or more likely a remix by Hardfloor. I'll have another dig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

Porkpie wrote:
    Thanks a mill!

Theres some footage of Porkpie dancing to this back in the day here;

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=R97KeAzP_FI&mode=related&search=

@30 seconds. Thats him in the dungarees. Bemoaning that the DJ isn't playing the Italian Smooth version.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

LoL :D

My version is much better! OMG those people are out of their t1ts! Funny seeing it from a totally sober point of view!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BruceGinge

It sounds more like one of the tracks on the Hardfloor Respect Album. Mahogony Roots or Fried Laces, I can't tell which as I have no record player anymore :( .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

the lyrics go something like "its not me its the pills talking" dunno who its by or title, the vid shows a load of drugs a-z with either street names or otherwise, great tune and vid... pls help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Soulwax - E Talking

yeah, great video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

your a legend, thats been reckon my head for last hour or so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

This is a long shot ,so long that the echo won't even be heard probably.:)

Anyways ,I've a tune thats embedded in my ceann for god knows how long.
    The only way I have of describing it ,is that it has similarities with visions of shiva and music for the masses.

It's not as fast or clean as visions of shiva (MFS) ,it's got the same sort of class as music for the masses.
    I don't think it was played a lot after 1995 ,but when you heard it you knew it, you only had to look at someone beside you and the nod was there ,for it being a classic.

Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

defo

Not a popes chance in israel

Anyone know of a tune that sounds something like Crunch - Devo ,Not as uptempo ,but with similar sounds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

i need to get the dance version of the tune eisbar by grauzone......german punk. anybody got the details.cheers:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

TURRICAN wrote:
    i need to get the dance version of the tune eisbar by grauzone......german punk. anybody got the details.cheers:D

Groovezone - Eisbear

Advertisement