Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Mylo - Muscle Car

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

Wertz wrote: »

wertz .....ur a star fair play ..
    wasnt sure who sang it ..but thanks a mill:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭expediateclimb

Mylo - Muscle Car

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Anybody up for a challenge? This one has been wrecking my brain for years!!

Ok, it's an old dance tune (93/94 is my guess) which I've heard lots of times being played on dance stations in Dublin - so it seems to be a big "Dublin dance classic" - a typical Sides/Olympic anthem. I even heard it this evening on Crystal FM around 7.50pm (I didn't have their number to text though).

There were no vocals in it, but a weird "instrument" being wound up and down all the way through it (really hard to describe).

I've tracked down something which sounds like it - it's from an old Amiga game I had. From around 5.22 in this YouTube clip sounds similar in style (it's the same instrument). I'm pretty sure there's another level in the game with the EXACT same music in it as the tune I'm looking for (it's probably lifted from the game).

Hopefully this will ring a few bells, fingers crossed...! ;)

It would probably help if I included the YouTube link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KJeCensol8 (the game was rubbish by the way!!).

Oh, and tune is not DJ MBG - Trance Wave 1. Although they do sound similar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

ok this tune is doing my head in! i know your all going to know this.
    the lyrics are as follows -

and you may smile through your tears,and move on and keep on movin,
    toughen up the fight and keep on movin, toughen up the fight and move on.

its something like that anyway! and its from about 92/93?

thanks

paddy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ok this tune is doing my head in! i know your all going to know this.
    the lyrics are as follows -

and you may smile through your tears,and move on and keep on movin,
    toughen up the fight and keep on movin, toughen up the fight and move on.

its something like that anyway! and its from about 92/93?

thanks

paddy.....
    Liberation - Liberation 2

http://www.discogs.com/release/299550

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Liberation - Liberation 2

http://www.discogs.com/release/299550

thanks baz again!!! :D how could i forget this tune !! pure classic
    thanks again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

JDxtra wrote: »
    It would probably help if I included the YouTube link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KJeCensol8 (the game was rubbish by the way!!).

Oh, and tune is not DJ MBG - Trance Wave 1. Although they do sound similar.

trance wave 4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkL8Ed7yWMc

knird evol wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek: You legend - that's it!!!

Nice one mate! :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 elbono

Anyone know the name of the song on the new meteor ad? the one where everyone knows the guys name and he's walking down the street or something.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

This is a hard one because I have very little information on the song, but I'll try anyway.

It's a fast-paced dance song that starts off and ends with some man shouting out "Hard stuff baby, h-hard stuff baby", then it gets into the beat. As far as I know, there are no other distinguishing words in the song

I heard it in a spinning class and have never heard it on the radio or anything.

I uploaded an attachment of the chorus of the song being whistled (yes I'm that desperate lol). Just remove the .txt to play it as it doesn't allow mp3s to be uploaded

Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Hiya,

I heard a track a while ago, its music from a western movie, playing with a kicking dance beat...

I heard this months ago and have never been able to find it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

OK, so regarding the song above, I have gotten an actual recording of it, taken with my phone at a spinning class (which is the only place I've ever heard it). Please excuse the poor quality (phone recorder) and the instructor talking over the song at points (she has a mic as there was 21 spinners in the class)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuS3eKO8R1o

Go to the youtube link and please listen to the song and see if you know. Help would really be appreciated, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I'm afraid I don't have any words or names for this to go on, just the notes below. It's well known though, I think it was in a few ads when it was out, doing my head in trying to think of it (bumped from several months ago).

C C C E(flat) E(flat) E(flat) C G(sharp) G(sharp) E(flat) E(flat) C C C and it repeats

If anyone who can play the keyboard could put that in I'm sure they'd get it quickly! It's well known I think just can't remember it, would really appreciate the help.

OK, so regarding the song above, I have gotten an actual recording of it, taken with my phone at a spinning class (which is the only place I've ever heard it). Please excuse the poor quality (phone recorder) and the instructor talking over the song at points (she has a mic as there was 21 spinners in the class)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuS3eKO8R1o

Go to the youtube link and please listen to the song and see if you know. Help would really be appreciated, thanks!
    Why didn't you just ask the instructor?

I did, she doesn't know. She showed me the cover she has - all it tells her is the BPM of the song and whether its used for jumps or sprints or climbs etc. The song in question is used for sprints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dan_85

Does anyone remember that remix of the music that featured in the shawshank redemption... I can't find it anywhere...

OK I found out the song elsewhere on the internet. The song I was looking for is the Scooter remix of Enola Gay. It's really a great song

Dan, I don't know the answer but here is a list of the songs that are in Shawshank Redemption - it might help http://www.soundtrack.net/albums/database/?id=399

joejoem wrote: »
    Hiya,

I heard a track a while ago, its music from a western movie, playing with a kicking dance beat...

I heard this months ago and have never been able to find it!

Anyone??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Anyone??

Maybe Switch - A Bit Patchy or a remix of same...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqBeK-ewrOI

Maybe Switch - A Bit Patchy or a remix of same...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqBeK-ewrOI

Unfortunately not.... I do love that song though.

Its a bit like that famous music from a clint eastwood western (i think...) which I have heard people hum / sing when two people start argueing. You know "do do do do do.... Wah wah wah...."

Unfortunately not.... I do love that song though.

Its a bit like that famous music from a clint eastwood western (i think...) which I have heard people hum / sing when two people start argueing. You know "do do do do do.... Wah wah wah...."

Its the soundtrack to the good the bad and the ugly! Or something simialar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

I'm looking for the name of an oldschool tune, I had it on tape in about 94, not sure when it was actually released.
    The only words I can remember are as follows:
    The glasses are all empty, the potion's almost gone, ..., kiss the razors edge.

It is a male speaking voice if that helps.

That is as much as I can remember, it may not be exactly right but its close enough. I left it in an ex girlfriends car the day she dumped me, it was her tape but it had some brilliant tunes on it. Think I was more annoyed about not robbing the tape off her than about being dumped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Morning all.

Early 90s house, heavy piano bit at the chorus with a black (probably) female vocalist singing "hall-ay-luuujah!" followed immediately by the piano bit. Ive heard it plenty of times when Im out, just struck me to check it for the iPod.

If we are stuck I can upload a phone video with a very weak recording of the tune being blasted from a few doors down last night (arrived home from town locked at 3:30 and there was a mad garden party hopping off. Unfortunately they were already in the cleaing people out point at this stage, they werent in the mood for letting me in on the tenous grounds that I was talking to a bird I know on my way don who had just let. Bastards :P )

Also, hat is the name of the song ith the "you got to show me love" bit with a black female vocalist (again :pac: For some reason black female vocalists alays add alot to early 90s house :P )

Another lyric on my phone (I type them into Drafts when I hear em, to check here later. This time Im typing a lyric from a tune I only half remember)
    Black girl "dont mean a thing if you cant hold him down"

Think it was 90s house, cant even recall tbh, just know I liked it at the time!

Cheers.

I'm looking for the name of an oldschool tune, I had it on tape in about 94, not sure when it was actually released.
    The only words I can remember are as follows:
    The glasses are all empty, the potion's almost gone, ..., kiss the razors edge.

It is a male speaking voice if that helps.

That is as much as I can remember, it may not be exactly right but its close enough. I left it in an ex girlfriends car the day she dumped me, it was her tape but it had some brilliant tunes on it. Think I was more annoyed about not robbing the tape off her than about being dumped.
    Lionrock - "Packet of Peace"

shane86 wrote: »
    Morning all.

Early 90s house, heavy piano bit at the chorus with a black (probably) female vocalist singing "hall-ay-luuujah!" followed immediately by the piano bit. Ive heard it plenty of times when Im out, just struck me to check it for the iPod.
    Happy Mondays - Hallelujah (Club mix)

Also, hat is the name of the song ith the "you got to show me love" bit with a black female vocalist (again :pac: For some reason black female vocalists alays add alot to early 90s house :P )
    Not really sure what you're asking here, but is it Robin S - "You Got To Show Me Love"??

Another lyric on my phone (I type them into Drafts when I hear em, to check here later. This time Im typing a lyric from a tune I only half remember)
    Black girl "dont mean a thing if you cant hold him down"

Think it was 90s house, cant even recall tbh, just know I liked it at the time!

Cheers.
    O.T. Quartet - "Hold That Sucker Down"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Cheers lad, but the Happy Mondays tune isnt the one Im looking for. It is more housey, as said I have a bad recording of it on the phone but if someone could answer it for me without going to all that bother Id be greatful.

Cheers for the other ones anyway.

Actually the first one might be Sing Hallelujah by Dr. Alban?

Morning all.

Cheers.
    Was it Hallelujah by Inner City
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W3aJGRml4Q

• Advertisement

Cheers Bazmo, thats the tune, not sure about the kiss the razors edge line, I thought it was in that tune aswell, was deffinately on the same tape, must be getting my memories mixed up.
    Anybody know the tune with "kiss the razors edge" in it?

Advertisement