Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

No idea mate, if you had a copy of it you could upload it and chances are id know the name of it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

No, don't have a copy - only heard it - it's pretty much only a siren during a very minimal track

Well could you at least hum it for us?

I know the feeling. Its really bloody annoying if you have little or know info on a tune but you can hear it easily in your own mind, you just can't jog others memories.

my description is pretty obvious - anyone who knows it will know from the description :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

was there a vocal in it by any chance

• Advertisement

no, as per my description above, anyone who has heard it will know exactly what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭francois

Sounds like the noise in my head from '92-98 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

francois wrote: »

ditto:o:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Neurojazz wrote: »
    .. anyone who has heard it will know exactly what it is.

But you heard it, and you don't know what it is ?!

francois wrote: »

:D:D

• Advertisement

Yes, Strange that - hearing the music and not knowing what it is - DJ should stop between each record and announce the name of the track they are about to play... so infuriating that they just plonk a tune down on the deck and fry everyones mind and then not stop to let the people know wft is was *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭pallepille

ianomccabe wrote: »
    hi

heard a house tune in the sunset terraza in Space in september, then heard it on Gibbs freaks on Friday last night at about 9 o'clock.

Its an old song reworked/released, sounds like a chicane type tune and theres a massive jazz rift in the breakdown. If there was a roof on the sunset terraza it would have came off!

sounds like dis possibly could be Laurent Garnier - Man With The Red Face, its an old one but there is a fairly recent remix by Funkagenda doin the rounds ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

ianomccabe wrote: »
    hi

heard a house tune in the sunset terraza in Space in september, then heard it on Gibbs freaks on Friday last night at about 9 o'clock.

Its an old song reworked/released, sounds like a chicane type tune and theres a massive jazz rift in the breakdown. If there was a roof on the sunset terraza it would have came off!

Stab in the dark here...Guru Josh Project - Infinity 08?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9KnuJZkBjg

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

The air raid siren sounds familiar alright. One that sprung to mind but I don't think is it is 'Lets Go To Work' by Innersphere. The intro could sound like an air siren when you don't have your full senses about you :)

Another air raid sounding track that tended to rip any dance floor to bits was the following from Vapourspace - another long intro that sounds very air-raid like -

Both probably a long shot but you never know :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

pallepille wrote: »
    sounds like dis possibly could be Laurent Garnier - Man With The Red Face, its an old one but there is a fairly recent remix by Funkagenda doin the rounds ???

is there saxophone in that tune? if yes, well i think that s the man with the :mad: face!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭pallepille

is there saxophone in that tune? if yes, well i think that s the man with the :mad: face!

indeed there is, it has one of my fav breakdowns in a house track, the sax is just beautiful.In work at the mo and cant post a link buts its on you tube defo,

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭turks

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

turks wrote: »
    zSHARE - parsley_thyme_live_at_the_ASYLUM_1993_4.MP3

zSHARE - ed case-parsely_pt.1_1.mp3
    any help please

Can't click them... have you other links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gerry99

hey all , im looking for the name of a tune , i dont remember much as it was so many years ago , all i remember is >> i was shot in the head by a man ,,, who's being aiming at me, for many years ,,......

if anyone has even a hint of what this is , its very important to & would be very much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

I'm 99% sure there was a dance track out in the mid 90's with the lyrics

"Imagination, could make a man of you" from the artist below.

The lyrics i'm talking about are at 1min

Belouis Some - Imagination
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZfcj25p5ig&feature=related

Any help appreciated. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Does anyone know the name of the track that's on the RTE advert that goes on about the time of the Premiership programme changing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

Hey, i'm looking for the name of a song, that was played in the latest episode of hollyoaks on 4OD (that it turns out was not worth skimming through for the .5sec lesbian kiss, but that's besides the point) during the brief lesbian sequence. It was also in the film The Watcher I believe. If anyone knows what I'm taking about it would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Really sorry about the lack of info and it's a real shot in the dark

The song was released on white label it cost me about 70 irish pounds in abbery discs in 96/97

i scratched it 3 weeks after i bought and ****ed it out in anger.

i think it was called "jumpin'"

fairly thumpin house record

anyone any ideas? i believe it's a tad rare

:confused::confused::confused:

nevermind lads just found it on johnny's latest mix lol

this is the track i was looking for

http://www.discogs.com/release/734088

can't belive i forgot the name of it, 150e now on discogs!!!

Felixdhc wrote: »
    The air raid siren sounds familiar alright. One that sprung to mind but I don't think is it is 'Lets Go To Work' by Innersphere. The intro could sound like an air siren when you don't have your full senses about you :)

Another air raid sounding track that tended to rip any dance floor to bits was the following from Vapourspace - another long intro that sounds very air-raid like -

Both probably a long shot but you never know :pac:

Close, but the sound definately was a full on air raid siren... to put it into context - it sounded like someone had got an authentic WW2 air raid siren in a sound proof room, then cranked it to the all clear tone and then a simple bass drum/hat/snare hit starts coming in... the siren was most definately real ;) - i think it might have been on planet core (or made by the guy who ran planet core) - his release are too numerous to even start looking through them on a chance it might be in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

mordeith wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the track that's on the RTE advert that goes on about the time of the Premiership programme changing?

thats midfield general - coatnoise (dave clarke mix)

was very shocked to see that getting throwin out on tv! had a few texts from the lads "did ya see the new premiership ad with coatnoise on it"

fukin right i did!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Sweet. You da man :D
    (Can Dave Clarke do no wrong? :))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

the man is a legend, coatnoise is deffo my fav remix of his. have it on vinyl somewhere here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

neep help to id a tune for a friend of mine.
    all i have is that it's fairly recent,the last few years. and it has a sample from JF kennedy first speech in the dail....

any help would be great! thx!

Advertisement