Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Hi guys, sorry for how vague this one is going to be.

I heard a tune in an axwell mix, like a year or more old.
    Theres a vocal in it "changes in my life...." and a pretty pianoy synth in the back.

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Chris89 wrote: »
    Hi guys, sorry for how vague this one is going to be.

I heard a tune in an axwell mix, like a year or more old.
    Theres a vocal in it "changes in my life...." and a pretty pianoy synth in the back.

any ideas?
    Chris Lake - "Changes" ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

BaZmO* wrote: »

Lovely. Cant stop listening to that vocal

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭intbn

Been trying to find the name of this song i heard in the 90's. The only part i can describe here is that there is a womans voice saying something along the lines of "Apalonia" in a high pitched phonetic type of way. Any help naming this song would be appreciated. Thanks.

hi,
    that version someone else posted up is actually a 1993 remix, i'm pretty confident this is the original but who gives a f*ck, it's a crackin tune, am i right?! :)
    it's definitely the more played mix anyway, enjoy.
    i've a copy of both version on 12" if anyones lookin to buy em$$$;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX49qgFEZcg

kaos75 wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    Trying to get the name of this deep house tune (mid 90's i think)
    some of the lyrics are - "house music make me feel so fine, make me feel allright"
    thanks

how do,
    i seen djaloldskools vid wasn't the one you where looking for but this has basically the same lyrics:

marshall jefferson - house music(move your body)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p18I11vE1nE

WAIT FOR THE MAIN PIANO TO KICK IN ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 lainypops

hopefully, someone can help me locate 2 tunes from the '90's on cd or as a download:

"the long knives" - kodiak
    "paladian dawn (original)" - sunday club

many thanks...

I have paladian dawn. PM me if you're still looking for it.

pad180 wrote: »
    hello to all,
    im due to play in a small venue on new years eve , (first new years working)
    just wondering is there a song out there that has
    such a thing as a ten second count down in it ,
    ill be playing ,dance, trance, ect,
    iv been searching through hundreds of cds, and on line but with no luck.
    any help would be great thanks .

howeya pad,
    indie - apolonia has a ten second countdown in it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX49qgFEZcg

all ye need now is a time machine and yer sorted ;)

hopefully, someone can help me locate 2 tunes from the '90's on cd or as a download:

"the long knives" - kodiak
    "paladian dawn (original)" - sunday club

many thanks...

hi,
    long knives is on this comp CD:
    http://www.discogs.com/Various-Immortality-Volume-1/release/89409

try an auction website(like e b a y) ;)

Neurojazz wrote: »
    Hiya,
    I remember hearing a track that has an actual air raid siren full on during a really long breakdown - it went up and up for about a min and then held at the top - needless to say the party went mental (this was circa 1994-1996 maybe) - anyone know the name? - it might have been DJ DIE (not the full circle one) or from planet core records german/dutch type sound... Have googled for years, but never found out what it is :)

Formosa - O.D on Groove??

There's an Air Raid Siren throughout this track. Released in 1991, became popular on dance stations and in clubs here in 1993 to 1995 ish.

However there is a vocal throughout the track also which goes "there's a thin line between genius and insanity... down on earth"

shane86 wrote: »
    How yis.

Have one on my phone from last night, very short clip and only have a half memory of the tune, as it approaches the chorus female vocalist sings "something something des-tin-yy" and chorus is "Taaaaakkkeee meeee awayyyyyy! x2" (words really drwan out and expanded, obviously ;) )

Anyone?

edit- btw Rockee your George Hamilton quote.....jaysus :D Bizarrely brilliant.

That'd be Mix Factory - Take Me Away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPt4dx4vSUY

• Advertisement

Neurojazz wrote: »
    Hiya,
    I remember hearing a track that has an actual air raid siren full on during a really long breakdown - it went up and up for about a min and then held at the top - needless to say the party went mental (this was circa 1994-1996 maybe) - anyone know the name? - it might have been DJ DIE (not the full circle one) or from planet core records german/dutch type sound... Have googled for years, but never found out what it is :)

if it aint the one iainypops said(quality tube btw), it might likely be:
    cresendo - are you out there:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ5IQbA02C0

can't listen to the bassline of it with these piece of sh*t laptop speakers! :eek:

knird evol wrote: »
    But you heard it, and you don't know what it is ?!

LOL!:D

Felixdhc wrote: »
    The air raid siren sounds familiar alright. One that sprung to mind but I don't think is it is 'Lets Go To Work' by Innersphere. The intro could sound like an air siren when you don't have your full senses about you :)

Another air raid sounding track that tended to rip any dance floor to bits was the following from Vapourspace - another long intro that sounds very air-raid like -

Both probably a long shot but you never know :pac:

fairplay to ye for posting that vapourspace tune mate, i've never heard it before.

Here is another track im not to sure on the name, its from about 93/94

any help would be appreciated:D

http://media.putfile.com/track-ID-77-59

thanks

paddy...........

i've never heard that tune before paddy, sorry mate, i don't suppose you have that vinyl of santrancisco with the donna giles acapella over the piano break? i see all the vids you put up on youtube, fairplay, i figure it's worth a shot askin...

SRFC90 wrote: »
    For anyone at Justice there the other night, they played a song (or maybe accapella of a song) which goes like:

lyrics: "2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and bop/rock" repeated over and over again!

Anone know what it is?

Cheers

that sounds like
    Bob Sinclar - Gym Tonic

i hope not! :rolleyes:

p.s. i was just on discogs there and seen 2 groups, one called called spacedust and the other groove 69, done mash ups of this tune with "stardust - music sounds better with you" it may even be that song you heard.

Close, but you're WAY OFF! :/

JDxtra wrote: »
    Ok, my turn now (!). I've got five unknown tracks which I have shrunk down to low quality MP3 files and hosted on MediaFire (is that the best method?).

Track: 4
    Filename: Unknown - WIT 02.mp3
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?wetmznhje4w
    Comment: Possibly on the Witness Label (with WIT 02 being the CAT number). Could find no matches on Discogs though.

Track: 5
    Filename: Unknown - WIT 02.mp3
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?n4zw0eyomjw
    Comment: Possibly on the Witness Label (with WIT 03 being the CAT number). Could find no matches on Discogs though.

Thanks in advance!!

i was just listening to these 2, do you remember that label "Ouch! Records"? this sounds like some of the stuff they used to release and from looking at the names, they're in the format of a sub-label that Ouch! had called "White Records"
    so be looking at it, it's likely to be the second release they had, hope this helps :thumbsup:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

can abody id this song for me i think its from the early 90s
    it goes
    GIRLS ARE ON THE FLOOR ...JUST MOVE

i have it on an old tape and for the life of me cant think of who sang it
    cheers

it goes

cheers

havn't a notion pad sorry:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭JDxtra

it goes

cheers

Hed Boys - Girls & Boys (Seka Mix).

http://www.discogs.com/Hed-Boys-The-Girls-Boys/release/107587
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26gZUbITwF8

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

thanks a mill jdxtra .. its hard to belive this song is nearly 15 years old
    it still sounds as good as when i first heard it classic tune ...
    thanks again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 kaos75

intbn wrote: »
    how do,
    i seen djaloldskools vid wasn't the one you where looking for but this has basically the same lyrics:

marshall jefferson - house music(move your body)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p18I11vE1nE

WAIT FOR THE MAIN PIANO TO KICK IN ;)

Not the one I was looking for INTBN- thanks for suggestion.
    Its more "soulful house" if anything - remember them playing it on RADIO FRIENDLY back around 98 or 99

kaos75 wrote: »
    Not the one I was looking for INTBN- thanks for suggestion.
    Its more "soulful house" if anything - remember them playing it on RADIO FRIENDLY back around 98 or 99

i see.. if ye have the exact lyrics, you'd be fairly successful in finding it by googling the lyrics ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Dan Sanchez

Right I have a tune I need to find, I think its a Mark Kavanagh mix Im not sure, but there is words in it so, in the break it goes - men in black men in black (repeat) I have a dream. Then it kicks in.
    I cant find it anywhere or remember the name. Id say its 12 years old or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Right I have a tune I need to find, I think its a Mark Kavanagh mix Im not sure, but there is words in it so, in the break it goes - men in black men in black (repeat) I have a dream. Then it kicks in.
    I cant find it anywhere or remember the name. Id say its 12 years old or more.

Tune is called Black is Black by The Allnighters. Was released on Tidy Trax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tune is called Black is Black by The Allnighters. Was released on Tidy Trax.

Most likely either the Sharp Boys or UK Gold remix of it (the rest were a bit pants iirc)

Sorry lads I know Black is Black, its a deadly tune but its not the one Im looking for.

The one Im looking for goes - men in black men in black men in black(getting louder) I have a dream den d den d den d den... :)

It has to be over 12 years old Id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

lainypops wrote: »
    Formosa - O.D on Groove??

There's an Air Raid Siren throughout this track. Released in 1991, became popular on dance stations and in clubs here in 1993 to 1995 ish.

However there is a vocal throughout the track also which goes "there's a thin line between genius and insanity... down on earth"

Dam, no not that one... the original was more hardcore - and may have even been from the 'Planet Core' label - but very unsure.... the original had a really clear air raid siren sample that played for ages... bah - that's for digging that up tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Sorry lads I know Black is Black, its a deadly tune but its not the one Im looking for.

The one Im looking for goes - men in black men in black men in black(getting louder) I have a dream den d den d den d den... :)

It has to be over 12 years old Id say.

reckon thats:Control - The Dream

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

• Advertisement

YES, when I saw your first post I knew. Thanks alot man, used to have this rockin.
    Good memory.

Advertisement