Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Maybe someone can help me with this...

I was at Antics at Crawdaddy some time around the end of October or early November and I heard this amazing electro act there but I never found out who it was. It was one south American guy, wearing a black sequined suit, which later became just a red thong. He played a load of really heavy beats with samples which he triggered with a drum played over it.

Anyone know who it is?

Are u mistaking the venue with the george?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

mr biazzi wrote: »
    Easy enough to find this mich switch studio brussells on newmixes.com,
    any way the missing track at 24 minutes. . . . anybody. . .

The first 30 mins were also aired on Switch, 2007-10-13.
    00:00 - Petre Inspirescu - Sakadat
    07:00 - Mikael Stavostrand Q Fresca (Andomat 3000 Remix)
    12:00 - Gabriel Ananda - Doppewhipper (Rocco Branco & Tobias Becker Remix)
    20:00 - Gabriel Ananda - Shake ready
    24:00 -
    28:00 - Sydenham & Rune - Elephant

That's a tricky one.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I'm looking to ID a tune in my head. I heard if first may years ago at creamfields. It went:

shhhhhh be quiet, Listen... (then a big beat)

Any ideas?

Found it, soz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sniipe wrote: »
    I'm looking to ID a tune in my head. I heard if first may years ago at creamfields. It went:

shhhhhh be quiet, Listen... (then a big beat)

Any ideas?

Found it, soz
    Used to love that tune... Check out the pants & corset remix, or Technikal's recent bootleg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

This'll probably sound stupid but I heard this class tune on Play FM last week. It's a progressive breaks track, very deep prog, with a vocoded and chopped vocal in the middle saying 'Never'. Not much to go on, but if anyone knows it they'll know what I'm speaking of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

SuprSi wrote: »
    This'll probably sound stupid but I heard this class tune on Play FM last week. It's a progressive breaks track, very deep prog, with a vocoded and chopped vocal in the middle saying 'Never'. Not much to go on, but if anyone knows it they'll know what I'm speaking of.

What Freq is Play FM On?

Try this thread the lads know there stuff, They might be able to Id your tune,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=268391&page=372

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rm_2008

looking for a tune,its called intro but i dunno who its by!!its minimal techno...

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

that could be a pheek song called intro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

What Freq is Play FM On?

Try this thread the lads know there stuff, They might be able to Id your tune,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=268391&page=372

Play FM is on 93.2. Where I heard this track was on Saturday and Sunday morning where they're obviously just playing a pre-recorded mix until an actual DJ comes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kirth

I am trying to find the ID for two songs, they were both in the same set, possibly at Simon's birthday in 1996 or 1997. Other songs in the set were Bedrock-Set in Stone, Blue Amazon-And Then the Rain Falls, and BT-Flaming June.

The first is a Goa track where a a girl says

"Let your heart light glow, on earth let it show, we're in heaven, don't you know?!- A rainbow cotton candy kiss of transcendental bliss.";

The second song centers around a pattern consisting of the same note alternating between octaves, with a stutter every few bars. It is essentially the same pattern heard in Bedrock's Forbidden Zone (at least in Oakenfold's GU version, the only one I've heard). The low pass filter goes slowly up and back down while the pattern repeats. Then, there is a single note played somewhat repetitively with a high filter resonance as the filter sweep continues. There is a brief piano inerlude halfway through the song. At some point, girls says "[?} of my dreams".

I can probably throw something crude together on my synth to represent the basic parts if it would help in identifying these tracks.

Anyone know?

EDIT: Found the first one, thanks to a DJ Atreyu in Australlia. It is Groove On Dream Off by The Auranaut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Ddisco

Any idea's on this lads:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4g4tn8ewtps

Cheers,

Robbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Can anyone ID this please.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

rm_2008 wrote: »
    looking for a tune,its called intro but i dunno who its by!!its minimal techno...

This maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

SRFC90 wrote: »

thats what came to mind for me too.
    not exactly minimal though is it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

ottostreet wrote: »
    thats what came to mind for me too.
    not exactly minimal though is it? :D

True!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Can anyone ID this please.........

no idea padddy sorry.nice piano track tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

anybody know the name of the tune it goes like ....you spin my head right round right round......
    it used to be an oldie kind of 80s electro /dance.
    there is a new revamped version out at the moment.
    ta ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

TURRICAN wrote: »
    anybody know the name of the tune it goes like ....you spin my head right round right round......
    it used to be an oldie kind of 80s electro /dance.
    there is a new revamped version out at the moment.
    ta ta

Thats Flo Rida - Right round, its not dance ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 philjd26

was driving earlier whilst listening to play fm, tune was class.....it went ,,smoke that joint,**** that bitch...i became a dj!!!! anyone know of this 1

cheers phil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 question2009

I am looking to find out the name of a piece sampled in the Morales mix of "Plastic Dreams" ....the sample is the ....wait for it this is technical ...:p the echo-ey part near the start that runs through it it goes "dum ....di-dum-dum" ...you will know the piece if you listen to it !!! I know the piece is 12 + yrs old....

Please help :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

does anyone know the name of the song in this video. I tried putting some of the lyrics into google but i couldn't get anthing relevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQFpz9IvVPE

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

I am looking to find out the name of a piece sampled in the Morales mix of "Plastic Dreams" ....the sample is the ....wait for it this is technical ...:p the echo-ey part near the start that runs through it it goes "dum ....di-dum-dum" ...you will know the piece if you listen to it !!! I know the piece is 12 + yrs old....

Please help :D

Did that sound not come from the original?

Jaydee "Plastic Dreams"

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

does anyone know the name of the song in this video. I tried putting some of the lyrics into google but i couldn't get anthing relevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQFpz9IvVPE

Are you extracting the Michael?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

DarkJager wrote: »
    Thats Flo Rida - Right round, its not dance ;)

The new version is definitely not dance, no....but the original 80's one by Dead or Alive certainly was, and it had it's fair share of remixes down through the years, until this clown got his paws on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Wertz wrote: »
    The new version is definitely not dance, no....but the original 80's one by Dead or Alive certainly was, and it had it's fair share of remixes down through the years, until this clown got his paws on it...

yeah made **** of it alright.
    i got the techno remix version from dead or alive its great reminds me of that depeche mode choon emm,id please cant remember it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Dan Sanchez

Does anyone know the name of this tune? It is a remix, Im looking for the original name.
    Its in the first 20 seconds of this mix, and its not at the end of the mix before it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCpF3...eature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 68,529 ✭✭✭✭L1011

'malformed video id' - you appear to have copied the link off another forum that compresses links so it has a "..." in the middle of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Dan Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

not lookin for an id jus lookin for an mp3 of this tune plz.

Jagged - Hello Kool Nice (quarion remix)

its on gu 36 - emerson, bogota. savage cd. which i have.

but im lookin for the unmixed version so i can use it myself.

cheers big ears.

heres the tune

http://clone.nl/00c514d4c00c93ec0d9620e398be72f8.m3u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,529 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You realise theres a playlist of the tracks in that to the left? And it also says the track name on screen? :D

If you definately mean the *first* twenty seconds, its the album edit of He's A Pirate by Tiesto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2-jQdjOB9I about two minutes in. The track changes quite a bit after that so you might pick it up as being a mix but its the one track...

Advertisement