Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Couple of Pressure tracks here that I'm after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGIovc8vH-8

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Steo32

Sounds like "DJ Jean - The Launch" maybe?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe-yhsV-UbA
    no thats not the one but thanks anyway. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Arrived back from the pub Saturday night and stuck on 2fm for a short while. The dj was playing some quality tunes, but one in particular was really awesome. I made note of the exact time I heard it, it was 1.07am (Sunday). I know this is a long shot, but I don't suppose anyone recorded the show or would have any idea of how to get a track listing? I tried the 2fm website for track listings or playback but neither were available. The dj was playing mainly techno.

Anyone???:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Porkpie wrote: »
    I tried the 2fm website for track listings or playback but neither were available.

That's a f*ckin' joke in this day and age.
    Sorry I can't help otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Porkpie wrote: »
    Arrived back from the pub Saturday night and stuck on 2fm for a short while. The dj was playing some quality tunes, but one in particular was really awesome. I made note of the exact time I heard it, it was 1.07am (Sunday). I know this is a long shot, but I don't suppose anyone recorded the show or would have any idea of how to get a track listing? I tried the 2fm website for track listings or playback but neither were available. The dj was playing mainly techno.

Anyone???:(

go to http://www.mrspring.info/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1808

over the next few days and there should a complet Track List for the show!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I went to the trouble of uploading this one to youtube.

I really need to find the name of it. I had no luck finding the tracklistings for Green Velvet's set at Life Festival last May, from which I took this snippet of the tune out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

this one could be a long shot for the next few months.

its possibly james holdens new track.

anyways thought i would throw it up see if anyone could throw me the name..

serious tune. feelin this ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sexy

TURRICAN wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CvkwoX5R4A

thanks

heres another link with the same times

First time seeing that. Awesome!

a147pro wrote: »
    that man is a machine

That is very true.

Came in looking for a tune and I have forgotten it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

this is a very long shot,but..!
    Its a tune that i heard in a 2fm late night sessions mix way back around late 2002,maybe 2003.
    i recorded the mix,but unfortunately the tape has long been lost so i cant remember the name of the dj(though if someone has the late night sessions listings for back around this time i might be able to recognise his name,he's irish),

from what i can remember the mix starts off with cassius-feeling for you(les rhythm digitales mix),and then in comes the track i'm looking for,
    but the problem is the lyrics are kinda distorted in it,but it sounds like this-
    "hef dont moan bout the hoosic",which maybe translated means-he dont know about the music..?,and its a womans voice doing the lyrics.sorry if its a very vauge description,but unfortunately thats the best description i can do on the lyrics!

any help much appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I went to the trouble of uploading this one to youtube.

I really need to find the name of it. I had no luck finding the tracklistings for Green Velvet's set at Life Festival last May, from which I took this snippet of the tune out of.

anyone, this is doin my head in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 hano

OK, I need major help finding a tune. I was in a club a few weeks back where the res dj played a tune that was amazing. I dont know who it was or who its like, however it had something unusual. during the song the music would stop,and a lady would sing very slowly, almost like a 60's tune. then the music would pump back in at the perfect moment. I never got speaking to the dj so please help if you can with the little info I have given.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

hano wrote: »
    OK, I need major help finding a tune. I was in a club a few weeks back where the res dj played a tune that was amazing. I dont know who it was or who its like, however it had something unusual. during the song the music would stop,and a lady would sing very slowly, almost like a 60's tune. then the music would pump back in at the perfect moment. I never got speaking to the dj so please help if you can with the little info I have given.
    thanks.

Audio Bullys "Shot you down" :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovDz7b5I_pI

• Registered Users Posts: 6 eze

Ended up at ColorTv there last night, SiSi were playing this absolute belter. Was pretty heavy and sounded like a siren repeated. I can remember the word bass being said before some of the huge breaks. To help with the id more i remember BoysNoize playing it at oxegen a few weeks back about half an hour before the end of his set. Could possibly be something on his label but haven't come across it after a few hours. Any ideas throw them at me...

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I actually know this song, I just need to know the cover.

The track is a modernisation of When Doves Cry, with male and female vocals on a dance base. It was released earlier this year I'm guessing as it got a burst of airtime.

Cheers,
    Lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭djscubasteve

hano wrote: »
    thanks.

It could be 'Gramophonedzie - Why dont you'. It's doing well on Beatport at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMyLBXJIpMo

Or try look for 'Daniel Steinberg' on youtube, some of his tracks are very similar to what you described...

There is this track i heard many moons ago back in 93/94 ish ! and for some strange reason its poped into my head now:)
    i dont have to much go on only that i have only heard it power/nova FM
    and its a beautiful mellow house track with sweet female vocals.

she sings - " dreaming... im dreaming ohh ahh ohh ooo and so on .

Iknow its not much to go on but thought i would throw out there!

thanks for reading !

paddy

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Could it be 'Dreamworld' by Rhythm Section?

Edit - I only read the second part of your description first, just read the first bit now and couldn't class this as a mellow house track!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

eze wrote: »
    Ended up at ColorTv there last night, SiSi were playing this absolute belter. Was pretty heavy and sounded like a siren repeated. I can remember the word bass being said before some of the huge breaks. To help with the id more i remember BoysNoize playing it at oxegen a few weeks back about half an hour before the end of his set. Could possibly be something on his label but haven't come across it after a few hours. Any ideas throw them at me...

cheers

anyone know this one, heard simian mobile disco playing it in their dj set in space on sunday 02.08.

it was a serious tech house tune with vocals like (i think) "we dont even like that, we dont even like that"

thought it might have been one of theirs but couldnt find one with vocals like that.

anyone?

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Could it be 'Dreamworld' by Rhythm Section?

Edit - I only read the second part of your description first, just read the first bit now and couldn't class this as a mellow house track!

No Probs Felix ! thanks for giving it it a go anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

There is this track i heard many moons ago back in 93/94 ish ! and for some strange reason its poped into my head now:)
    i dont have to much go on only that i have only heard it power/nova FM
    and its a beautiful mellow house track with sweet female vocals.

she sings - " dreaming... im dreaming ohh ahh ohh ooo and so on .

Iknow its not much to go on but thought i would throw out there!

thanks for reading !

paddy

i'm thinking it could bwe this paddy.Salvia - Dreaming Of Me

http://www.discogs.com/Salvia-Fiesta-Conga/release/103187

can't find a y/t for it.let me know if you know the track or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭francois

milltown wrote: »

Ripper tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Watched that documentary last night Francois - very good. Anyhow, I am looking for a tune which I've heard both Luciano and Ilario Alicante play out recently. It's a funky number/tribal number, not altogether dissimilar to Sebo K's "Saxtrack" (think he played it after recently) which has a child like vocal over it, kinda like Villalobos's "Enfants".

Cheers guys!

francois wrote: »
    Ripper tune!

no way i was looking for the name of that before..savage tune

Need a tune...could be from Orbital or at least that era....banging techno track-very scary in sound, it was defo released as I remember the video from 1995ish - was very fast paced and part of it was set on a night time driving range if that helps.....!

Just found it, it's called "the box" - tune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭BlueButterBean

Does anyone know the name of a tune thats out the moment, its kinda mellow with no singing in it and has trumpets playing in the backround..Ino thats not a great description but it be great if someone knew what I was talking about:D

aceberg wrote: »
    i'm thinking it could bwe this paddy.Salvia - Dreaming Of Me

http://www.discogs.com/Salvia-Fiesta-Conga/release/103187

can't find a y/t for it.let me know if you know the track or not.

Thanks Ace ! i will try and find that track on the net to see if its the one?
    i will let you know mate thanks again.

paddy

Does anyone know the name of a tune thats out the moment, its kinda mellow with no singing in it and has trumpets playing in the backround..Ino thats not a great description but it be great if someone knew what I was talking about:D

Sebo K and Metro - Saxtrack (Reboot remix)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Anyone know the name of the second song here? Starts at about 5 minutes. Edit - Its Paul Kalkbrenner - Ick Muss Aus Dit Milieu Heraus

Advertisement