Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FlimFlam

Can anyone identify this track? It's very Kraftwerk-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Relikk

FlimFlam wrote: »
    Can anyone identify this track? It's very Kraftwerk-ish.

It is Kraftwerk. Aéro Dynamik, from the Tour De France Soundtracks album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I was at Digitalism in Carlow last night ans they played a hoppin tune that I would love to get my hands on.

I am afraid I don't really have much to go on other than the kick drum in the tune sounds like a low pigeon drum.

This is quite a distinctive track and unlike anything else in their set so if you know it... well, you know it!

Would really appreciate help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

fabbydabby wrote: »
    I was at Digitalism in Carlow last night ans they played a hoppin tune that I would love to get my hands on.

I am afraid I don't really have much to go on other than the kick drum in the tune sounds like a low pigeon drum.

This is quite a distinctive track and unlike anything else in their set so if you know it... well, you know it!

Would really appreciate help

Answered in the thread you started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Probably a long shot but when at Electric Picnic in 2007, there was this absolutely fantastic tune booming out of the "Bodytonic" Tent. Have absolutely no idea what the name of the tune was but it went on for about 15 mins. It was a progressive house tune and it frequently sampled the synth piece out of this tune here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HROMVIHGpLE&feature=related

LFO: LFO.

If anyone has any idea as to what the tune might be, would much appreciate it. :)

Funniest feeling it was the Soulwax or 2 Many DJs set. There's ones online from Rock Werchter the same year which have identical setlists

• Advertisement

Steve Aoki played this One More Time remix last night, which mashed in a bit of digital love, anyone know it? It's this one here:

He also played a killer Insane in the Membrane remix if anyone knows it? And also a remix of Pon de Floor which I'm pretty sure said 'Pon de three' or something like that...Wasn't the Chewy Chocolate Remix though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Short Back P

Couldn't find any VMA soundtracks online, so I'ma guess maybe Justice? Simply because Never Be Alone came out in 2005, along with a few other singles, and they're one of the only dance acts I can imagine being played at the VMAs.

Thanks for trying, its not Justice. I spent hours trying to get clips of the VMAs from 2005 and lists of all the performers but still no answers. Its definitely not the sort of commercial rubbish you'd expect to be played at the VMAs. They were held in Lisbon in 2005 so it could be some portuguese DJ im thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRd9UQ1SI2s#movie_player

anyone know the slow piano melody @ 0:32 and where it's from, or what song it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

Old Liam Dollard Tracks, i'm mad for

1. Reptitive one liner..........

"were gonna take you there.........and you can't fight the feeling"

2. A version of "let there be house"

Only ever heard dollard playing it, can't find it anywhere, basically the melody keeps getting higher and higher until an unmerciful break of the melody playing on its own

3. CLS - Can you feel it

Music is the exact same as the original but This one has a male vocalist and added lyrics of

Baby let your love come down
    we can burn this whole place down
    Just gotta feel it baby
    Keep on wishing on a star
    Baby i will take you far
    Tell me can you feel it

If anyone has a sides dc copy of halloween night 1990/1991 i'd pay money for it, i had the tape but sadly it got warped on me.

Some of the tracks i remember from it are

We are IE
    Just move some
    6 o clock in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I'd like to make my own request, heard Feadz play this tune in the Button Factory a while ago, all I know is that the chorus went somthing like "Goodnight moonlight goodnight moonlight goodnight moonlight etc". Any ideas? It was kind of Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar kind of feel I think.

And a second from that gig, here's the video:

Feist by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

dubsbhoy wrote: »
    Old Liam Dollard Tracks, i'm mad for

1. Reptitive one liner..........

"were gonna take you there.........and you can't fight the feeling"

2. A version of "let there be house"

Only ever heard dollard playing it, can't find it anywhere, basically the melody keeps getting higher and higher until an unmerciful break of the melody playing on its own

3. CLS - Can you feel it

Music is the exact same as the original but This one has a male vocalist and added lyrics of

Baby let your love come down
    we can burn this whole place down
    Just gotta feel it baby
    Keep on wishing on a star
    Baby i will take you far
    Tell me can you feel it

If anyone has a sides dc copy of halloween night 1990/1991 i'd pay money for it, i had the tape but sadly it got warped on me.

Some of the tracks i remember from it are

We are IE
    Just move some
    6 o clock in the morning

m8 i'd say the first 1 is Sublime - Fight The Feeling

http://www.discogs.com/Sublime-Fight-The-Feeling/release/517259

Sometimes if you just type the lyrics into discogs you get what your looking for.Basically thats what i did.i knew the artist and track already.But i just typed in Fight The Feeling to get the discogs link for ya and it found exactly what i wanted.:D

aceberg wrote: »
    m8 i'd say the first 1 is Sublime - Fight The Feeling

http://www.discogs.com/Sublime-Fight-The-Feeling/release/517259

Sometimes if you just type the lyrics into discogs you get what your looking for.Basically thats what i did.i knew the artist and track already.But i just typed in Fight The Feeling to get the discogs link for ya and it found exactly what i wanted.:D

You just made my day, cheers mate

Feist by any chance?

Didn't really sound like a Feist remix, more of a genericy-Star Guitar sounding singer.

Anyone know the tune from 0:32? The little melody, can't think of where its from or what song it is!!

Someone must know it!!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Would anyone know the name of this tune:

It is used in the current "Pantene Pro V" ad and the music in the clip is just an enhancement of it. If anyone knows the tune and singer then please let me know :)

Thanks a million in advance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Hi lads,

Was at 21st a few weeks back and there was a real catchy tune played at the end

It had a womans voice repeating the words "higher, higher, take me higher and higher etc" and it then went into a sort of trancey beat

Was cheesey enough but catchy alll the same

I know it's a long shot but I'd really appreciate it if anyone could tell me the name of the track?

Thx
    Yea deffo sounds like S.P.Q.R. - Unlimited Dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 insertname_here

howya,

Would be great if ya's could give this deadmau5 video a listen and see if ya's recognise the track name?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFh347w04Vo

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Sean!

Some Electro House remix of Kernkraft 400: http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/14096461/file.html

Help. :(:(

Sean! wrote: »
    Some Electro House remix of Kernkraft 400: http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/14096461/file.html

Help. :(:(

TBH that sounds more like a DJ mix than a remix, as it the electro-house track sounds like a separate track.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Sean!

TBH that sounds more like a DJ mix than a remix, as it the electro-house track sounds like a separate track.

What I feared the worst. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 TheGentleman

The kinda cool trip-hop song that just got played on Nationwide- anyone know what it's called?

these tracks just popped into my head at about 7am this morning for some reason and they are donkeys old, the words in them are............

first track....

"Kick the ballistics lets get realistic" - had a bit of brass in it

the second one ................

All i wanna do is live like kings do
    all i wanna be is smarter then my enemy

goooogled both and got film quotes

anyone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

monkeyman wrote: »
    I 've heard an acapella over Blue Monday on the 2 Many DJ's/ Tiga Amsterdam Live Set.

It goes "Hey You Punk Funky ......you got to break down and smash through the DJ booth"

Anyone?
    hope i'm not too late getting back to ya and you haven't been waiting the last 4 years for a reply ;)
    i just heard this for the first time tonight. what a track!! was wondering why i never heard it before? been listening to AVH for years. definately a track before it's time. origionally released in 2004. check out this version:

Feist by any chance?

Eventually found it :D

Can anyone gimme the name of the first track of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Its called H20 "Nobodys Business"

Have this mix of it (soul city harder dub), used to love it, bit cheesy but loved it at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daemon1

Need help naming the following tunes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y03pz9M4Os&feature=related

post name and time of any you know

thx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

anybody the name of this, its a old pressure 1

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

On the tip of my tongue that one but it just won't come to me! Wrecking my head. I'm pretty sure I even have the track.

Advertisement