Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

I found the tunes, Tiga and Zyntherius - Sunglasses at night, or try the better mix - Chris Liebing - Sunglasses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

sweet, i must download that this weekend.
    the Tiga & Zyntherius mix is so goddamned catchy (as is the Corey Hart original:D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

This is a long shot but does anyone know the song thats on the Euro2004 ad on RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭GetOffMyPatch

Im looking for a tune that came out around 93-95 couldn't be sure
    I think it was called Alchemy but I don'ty think it was by the Drum Club
    It was a huge hit in Shaft, Sides, Asylum etc and appeared on many a mix tape from DJ's from those clubs

If anyone can help, that would be great!!

Cheers
    S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Originally posted by GetOffMyPatch
    It was a huge hit in Shaft, Sides, Asylum etc and appeared on many a mix tape from DJ's from those clubs

Cheers
    S

Yeah it was called Alchemy.
    It was definitely by the Drum Club and it's on the Guerilla record label. I know this because I have it on 12. Absolutely amazing tune too as was a lot of the stuff that came out at the time on Guerilla and Limbo two record labels whose sound was quite similar.

Here's a link to the 12"

B.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Cheers
    S

What about Sonexuno - Alchemy? Actually always thought it was called Sonic Uno but there ya go. Discogs.

Def. big in that era of Dublin clubs, and played on the corresponding pirates. Too young to know if thats the one they played in there. Might be hard to find but hope it helps. The vocal is a woman whispering(ish) Alchemy.

In fact here it is: Abbey Records :D

Great song by the way!

Bri wrote:
    The vocal is a woman whispering(ish) Alchemy.!

Don't know the tune that you're talking about but The Drum Club track has a girl whispering Alchemy too. So I'd imagine the tune you're talking about uses a sample.?!

B.

Oh! I always knew it from my title!

Btw, Abby Records isnt Abbey Discs AFAIK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Been looking for an id of a tune for ages, heard it in a club about a year ago and recently a lot, was on the opening scenes in CSI Miami last nite, very hard to describe

....sounds like a squeaky Spanish female voice dropping in during the breakdown, with her jabbering on while it builds in the background to a slight pause before a massive drop when she starts going "get down, get down" or "getta, getta" (cant be sure)...this continues thru the tune until the next similar breakdown with similar jabbering....great mixture of bass in the background.

Sorry for vagueness! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 markus_snoop

hey folks , I'm looking for a tune that used to be played on Beat FM most Saturday nights before the Summer. It was a housey chilled tune by an Alan Smithee ot Alan Smithe or something. The vocals go on about a telephone or something. :D

I heard it first in a club in Barcelona and everytime i hear it it puts a chill down my spine. anybody? please help! cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I heard this about a year ago the song name is called "automatic"

Originally by the pointer sisters

Its a cool dance remix im looking for ages to find it any help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

on vinyl?

CD preferably.
    yeah the pointer sisters ring a bell alright ... i think part of the female lyrics go "..on the phone..."

where can we get it and is Alan Smithe the right artist?

tried some of those CD/vinyl dance sites but with no luck.

help.

hey folks , I'm looking for a tune that used to be played on Beat FM most Saturday nights before the Summer. It was a housey chilled tune by an Alan Smithee ot Alan Smithe or something. The vocals go on about a telephone or something. :D

I heard it first in a club in Barcelona and everytime i hear it it puts a chill down my spine. anybody? please help! cheers

It could be a mix of Saint Etienne's "He's on the Phone"??

found it folks! It's: Alan Smithee - Blue Blackness

==
    found it on juno records
    you can listen to a sample here

http://www.juno.co.uk/IP/IF130961-01.htm

pure class groove!

thanks for the help folks

i got into the song really from vice city its on flash fm i tink!!

But anywhoo i herd a remix on the radio in my car its brilliant wish i new who remixed it !! :confused:

Id say mp3 not vinyl

It goes somting like this:

"No way to control it"
    Its set to automatic"
    "wenever ur around" etc.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

barry3650 wrote:
    i got into the song really from vice city its on flash fm i tink!!

But anywhoo i herd a remix on the radio in my car its brilliant wish i new who remixed it !! :confused:

Id say mp3 not vinyl

It goes somting like this:

"No way to control it"
    Its set to automatic"
    "wenever ur around" etc.................
    The Pointer Sisters- Automatic

OK looking for the old school heads only on this one: it's a toughie from circa93-94.
    Robbie Nelson (of Agnelli &) used to drop this almost every set back when he played the Arena in Armagh. I can still hear it now but I never heard it any place else (although it was on a few mix tapes from that period).
    Anyways the vocal, which sounds lie it's sung by Johnny Lydon of all people, goes something like this:

High times, feelin' fine,
    Kick off your shoes and let's blow our minds together,
    __________________...headin' for the avenue
    (breakdown) (chorus)
    I want your love, I want it right now,
    Because in my heart there's only you,
    I want your love, I want it right now,
    Because in my heart there's only you

Lift me up and blow me away,
    I don't care what other people say...

That's the start and end bits (it's been a long time) and it was very uplifting, housey piano type tune. Also included in sets alongside this was the likes of Artemisa Bits n pieces, Drugs by Moby, Jacks' Groove, Follow me by Jam&Spoon: you get the idea.
    Good times, but that tune kind of outdid all the rest. I don't expect to find it on P2P (although that would rock) but I'm willing to shell out for this on vinyl if only I could find the title...

Anyone?

Yeh thanks.I know its the pointer sisters but im trying to find the remix of it its a real dance tune :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

female vocal pretty distorted, high pitch, electro-y, heard at wax last thursday and miss kittin on saturday.

we are (ah wadda wadda)
    stuh daa,
    nah wadda wadda
    never be alone again (or something)

yes, that's all i can remember. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Just heard this tune on the film serendipity, checked the soundtrack but its not on it, probably because its not a love song like the rest on the film

Its got a jazzy backround/beat to it with some sort of sax or horn intermittedly.

The vocals go : "I want you to get together, I want you to get together ........ put your hands together one time"

• Advertisement

^whitey^ wrote:
    Just heard this tune on the film serendipity, checked the soundtrack but its not on it, probably because its not a love song like the rest on the film

Its got a jazzy backround/beat to it with some sort of sax or horn intermittedly.

The vocals go : "I want you to get together, I want you to get together ........ put your hands together one time"

I'd put money on it being "Rose Rouge" by St. Germain Track 1 on their "Tourist" Album.

Brilliant Tune. You can get the album quite cheap in Virgin Megastore. For somereason it's always on sale for about €10. It's a brilliant album btw.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

BaZmO* wrote:
    I'd put money on it being "Rose Rouge" by St. Germain Track 1 on their "Tourist" Album.

Brilliant Tune. You can get the album quite cheap in Virgin Megastore. For somereason it's always on sale for about €10. It's a brilliant album btw.

B.

Bang on thanks a million bazmo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

Hey! Need help to find this song I heard out lately. Commercial / Poppy song. Thing some of the lyrics go 'saddle on' or 'saddle up'... any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

This one has been annoying me for a while now. Its a small sample in DJ Yoda's C&P mix tape Vol.1. I know I've heard it before but I can't for the life of me remeber the name. Its at 1.47 and its an acoustic guitar melody with a soft bass sound.

Please Helpppp! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mikeyg

I have a one-miinute peice of a tune that Art Bell uses as bumper music on his show at night.

I looked through his list of bumper music but couldn't find it.

I put the bite here:

http://home.comcast.net/~mikeyg98/

Thanks
    mikey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

hey MikeyG, that 'um-ah- song is "Boom Boom Ba" by Metisse.
    You can find it on 'The Next Best Thing' soundtrack Amazon.
    www.reekus.com/metisse.html

Brendan
    irishmusiccentral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭CTRob

Hi guys
    This tune is i think from around 94 95.
    It samples the vocals from Marshall Jefferson's the house anthem song (move your body) ie:
    "Gotta have house music all night long, with that house music you can't go wrong, its gonna set you free"
    I think it sample's the main piano melody from the prodigy's your love for its main melody aswell.

Second one all I remember is there is a girl shouting "Keep on pushing harder pushing harder" over and over in the track??

These two tracks I remember always bein played on energy Hot and nova during the 90's.
    I really wanna find out the names of these tracks so any help is much appreciated!!
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Anyone put me out of my misery - whats the tune on the new Guinness ad - the one where they are watching the match in India in the rain? Sounds very Prodigy but me not have the new seedee.

Big rep for any help!!

'c

It is the Prodigy - Spitfire from the new album.

Also been asked here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=201515

Hope that helps!

Now...You should def. know this. It's a retro dance song played on Nova 94.6 tonight.

Think the artist is called "The Shaker" but discogs has left me none the wiser. Lyrics are very hard to decipher but it's got an unmistakable piano track behind it. Lyrics go something like:

"....up your he-head...with feather in your ha-hair"
    "won't ya listen ple-ease, I'll put your mind at ease"

If anyone has the full info. that'd be great as I've realised I don't have copy of this.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

just found a tune i've been looking for for 2 months.
    but i don't know its name!
    it goes:

"because we are your friends
    you'll never be alone again
    well come on
    well come on
    well come on
    well come on"

it's in a 2manydj's set (at 64kb, hiss) at 12:30 to 15:15.

http://users.skynet.be/specialK/01-2_many_djs-05_days_off_(3fm)-cable-07-17-2004-mim.mp3

it's justic vs. simian - never be alone

Advertisement