Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

No thats not it at all the one Im thinking of is much better/faster:D
    thanks for looking I tried youtube but I must have been using the wrong lyrics to search.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

davycc wrote: »
    Hi I have a song stuck in my head & cant think of the name of it.

has lyrics "their going mad" & "grove with me & extacy" & its pretty old school rave tastic:D

Thanks Im sure you guys will know it in a second but its been spinning around in my head for an eternity:p

David

Altern8 - Evapor8
    Definitely for the "They're going mad" bit anyway...not too sure on the second .
    Whole album is class and well worth grabbing.

Cracking video as well. To think I used to dance like that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Wertz wrote: »
    Altern8 - Evapor8
    Definitely for the "They're going mad" bit anyway...not too sure on the second .
    Whole album is class and well worth grabbing.

Cracking video as well. To think I used to dance like that :pac:

Thats definitly the one thanks!:cool:
    I still dance like that;)
    an absolute epic video for it too:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

Can anyone help me identify the disco house track from around the 6th - 10th minute of this mix? :)

http://soundcloud.com/djeddiekay/01-track-01-5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Can anyone help me identify the disco house track from around the 6th - 10th minute of this mix? :)

its a remix of gorrilaz-stylo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Dance (possibly trance) track featuring the following dialogue from Jacobs Ladder:

"If you're frightened of dying and then you hold on
    You'll see devils tearing your life away
    But, if you've made your peace
    Then the devils are really angels
    Freeing you from the Earth
    "

Now it's not the U.N.K.L.E. track, Rabbit In Your Headlights, that I'm thinking of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

It's driving me and my best mate mad, It's not Mighty Dub Katz but the other high energy tune they used at the beggining of the show. Tried you tube but all it's giving me is Ibiza 2008.

It's driving me and my best mate mad, It's not Mighty Dub Katz but the other high energy tune they used at the beggining of the show. Tried Youtube but all it's giving me is Ibiza 2008.

Slaygal wrote: »
    It's driving me and my best mate mad, It's not Mighty Dub Katz but the other high energy tune they used at the beggining of the show. Tried you tube but all it's giving me is Ibiza 2008.

Probably not too helpful but is this album's tracklist any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'll bet you anything it's Z Factor "Gotta Keep Pushin'"; the main sample of which became "Must be the Music" by Joey Negro a few years later (Joey Negro is Dave Lee is Z Factor/Sessomatto/Jakatta/Raven Maize/Doug Willis/Akabu/Foreal People/Sunburst Band/Mistura plus others!) - if you love disco house, you'll love pretty much anything by him or his many aliases. Strangely this didn't feature on the Ibiza Uncovered album, I say strangely as though not the theme, it was played on pretty much every episode - maybe Dave Lee had some creative control compared to the cheese that filled that album!

And your sample kicks in at 3:31

I'm such a nerd I have this on vinyl and cd single - yes they had cd singles in 1996! But I'm sure you'll find it on a legal download site. If you're really stuck, get back to me.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for the help. I had a look at the track listings on the Ibiza Uncovered CD but it wasn't any help cos I don't know the name of the song and not all the songs used in the series were on the cd.

I'm in work but will check out the youtube link at home later.

Slaygal wrote: »
    I had a look at the track listings on the Ibiza Uncovered CD but it wasn't any help cos I don't know the name of the song and not all the songs used in the series were on the cd.

I'm in work but will check out the youtube link at home later.

Well I was thinking you could punch those track titles into youtube and see if you find the one you're after.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b0y4pKEU-U

i'd love help with this one guys, been looking for it with a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

I've a track in my itunes that says its called Moonlight by Ferry Corsten but I've looked through his discography and don't see it anywhere. It also says its composed by Nils Schneider, but I can't find much info about him either. Anyone know if it is Ferry Corsten or who it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I've heard a song in two clubs lately.

It's got a girl singing, fast paced and upbeat and the chorus says something like 'never surrender'.

Sorry for the vague description but if anyone knows it could they tell me please? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

I've a track in my itunes that says its called Moonlight by Ferry Corsten but I've looked through his discography and don't see it anywhere. It also says its composed by Nils Schneider, but I can't find much info about him either. Anyone know if it is Ferry Corsten or who it is?

It's up on you tube, and apparently someone on there asked Ferry's official youtube channel about it, and they said it's nothing to do with Ferry. They know about, but can't do much about it as they don't know who made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

This is more of a video ID.
    The missus was on about some video she saw which had a Jeremy Kyle like chat show character in it. All she knows is that it's by some well known Dj / producer (typically she can't remember the name of either the artist or song :rolleyes:) Anyone have any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

mordeith wrote: »
    This is more of a video ID.
    The missus was on about some video she saw which had a Jeremy Kyle like chat show character in it. All she knows is that it's by some well known Dj / producer (typically she can't remember the name of either the artist or song :rolleyes:) Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Has to be it! I'll run it by herself later to check. Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

seannash wrote: »
    its a remix of gorrilaz-stylo

can't play that link, but if its a 'remix' of stylo and a disco track then it might be the track that they were all saying stylo ripped off: The Coach House Rhythm Section - Time Warp. Does it have a woman singing doo doo doo doo dada doo doo?

Check it out on youtube, its by Eddy Grant, the lad who did the Electric Avenue song, was made in 1978 and was a massive hit in the underground clubs, particularly the legendary Paradise Garage. I reckon its is a good candidate for the first real house / techno track.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Can someone help me with the track IDs in the Armand Van Helden oxegen 2010 set? Ive got a few of them but not them all, and some of them I really want to download. Any one be able to help me get a few of these? Cheers.

IF you want to download the set its here, its a rip off one of the late night sessions on 2fm: http://fileserve.com/file/gYdubbh/2010-09-07-SAT-Live-Helden-Van-Armand-2010-Oxegen_Sparhawk.rar

Heres what ive got so far:
    01. Pendulum - The Island , Pt II
    02. ID
    03. ID
    04. Dizzee Rascal & Armand Van Helden - Bonkers
    05. ID
    06. Deadmau5 - ID ??
    07. ID
    08. Armand Van Helden - I Want Your Soul (Original)
    09. The Bucketheads - The Bomb w/ Laidback Luke - Break The House Down
    10. Afrojack & Diplo - Masta Ace (Original Mix)
    11. ID
    12. Swedish House Mafia - One (Congorock Remix)
    13. Armand Van Helden & Steve Aoki - Brraat
    14. The Bloody Beetroots feat. Steve Aoki - Warp 1.9 (ID Remix)
    15. Blur - Song 2
    16. Proxy - Raven (Crookers Remix)
    17. Snap! - Rhythm Is A Dancer (Armand Van Helden Remix)
    18. ID (Dubstep Track)
    19. Noob & Brodinski - Peanuts Club (BeatauCue Remix)
    20. ID
    21. ID
    22. Uffie feat. Pharrel Williams - A.D.D. S.U.V. (Armand Van Helden Vocal Remix)
    23. Katy Perry – California Gurls (Armand Van Helden Remix)
    24. Mr Oizo - Gay Dentists (Jfk Edit)
    25. ID
    26. Ou Est Le Swimming Pool - Dance The Way I Feel (Armand Van Helden Club Mix)
    27. Duck Sauce (Armand Van Helden & A-trak) - You're Nasty
    28. Fake Blood - I Think I Like It (Tommie Sunshine & Figure present EC$TACY EDIT)
    29. ID
    30. Louis La Roche - Sunshine Hotel
    31. Duck Sauce (Armand Van Helden & A-trak) - Barbara Streisand
    32. Duck Sauce (Armand Van Helden & A-trak) - aNYway
    33. Armand Van Helden - My My My
    34. ID
    35. Armand Van Helden feat. Duane Harder - You Don't Know Me

Hoping for a bit of help with this.Work in a nightclub and there was a track playing one night. Its one of those songs thats a step up from pop but below most genres of dance. The chorus has a female vocalist singing "just called to say hello". Then hello is repeated a few times as the beat comes back in. Cheesy song but its wrecking my head that I can't find it. Hope it rings a bell

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Sounds like Deep Dish 'Say Hello' to me.

Klim wrote: »
    Sounds like Deep Dish 'Say Hello' to me.

Nah that's not it, I know say hello. Cheers for replying though.
    The track played really was a glorified pop song, assume its a reletively new release as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭clayton1

alright lads,

looking for an i.d on a dance tune from around 1996 or so... The lyrics involve a man and a woman, and it is as if they are playing a game of ping pong.. Lyrics something like this : "your serve, ok it's my serve".

thanks for help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

clayton1 wrote: »
    alright lads,

looking for an i.d on a dance tune from around 1996 or so... The lyrics involve a man and a woman, and it is as if they are playing a game of ping pong.. Lyrics something like this : "your serve, ok it's my serve".

thanks for help

This is Mrs. Ping & Mr. Pong - Ping Pong (Your Serve) from 1997:

http://www.discogs.com/Mrs-Ping-Mr-Pong-Ping-Pong-Your-Serve/release/716692

JDxtra wrote: »

top man, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭cloudydsound

i bought a bootleg sasha cd years ago and lost it (all it said on the cover was sasha - cdx)

after lots of searching i found it was called sasha sex mix tape (?) 1998 (Cat No:1254)

01. ID
    02. Locust - No One In The World (Slacker Mix)
    03. Origan - Acushla
    04. Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar '98 (Nalin & Kane Mix)
    05. ID female "Head For The Sunlight"
    06. ID male "Let The Attach Begin" simular to DJ Mishja & Tim - Access
    07. Pablo Gargano - Chemistry Of Soul or Essential Listening For All
    08. Arkus - Medusa
    09. Madonna - Ray Of Light (Sasha's Remix)
    10. Crystal Method - Comin Back
    11. ID
    12. Mirage - Syrus
    13. ID
    14. 2 Phat ***** - Ride (Original Mix)

it's track 05 and 06 i need to id, anyone know them?

anyway it's available for download, i think it was possibly an essential mix

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

Hi guys, i'm looking to id a track, it was played in a mix by slacker which was aired on 2fm back around october 2004, the vocals in the track are as follows:

I was run over by the truth one day, ever since the accident i've walked this way, so stick my legs in plaster, tell me lies, lies, lies.

OR if anyone has a link to where the mix could be downloaded that'd be excellent aswell. Any help appreciated.

• Advertisement

JDxtra wrote: »

any idea of how i can get the original version of this tune on mp3?

Advertisement