Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Does anybody remember a tune that had a sample from, B Sides - The Tape (Frank de wulf)
    it had a female vocal in it saying "you got to show me love" "can you give" "can you give" "can you give". Or something like that,
    it was out in the early 90's, have way through the tune it kind of faded out and the sample from the B Sides - The Tape kicked in again,
    any ideas, confused.gif

the sample is from the start of this tune below,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFh347w04Vo&feature=related

Anyone know this one? I'm thinking its "Soma" but I could be completely wrong, really wanna get this track!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Does anybody remember a tune that had a sample from, B Sides - The Tape (Frank de wulf)
    it had a female vocal in it saying "you got to show me love" "can you give" "can you give" "can you give". Or something like that,
    it was out in the early 90's, have way through the tune it kind of faded out and the sample from the B Sides - The Tape kicked in again,
    any ideas, confused.gif

the sample is from the start of this tune below,

Think this may be the track you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

"Think this may be the track you're looking for".

That's the tune, been looking for that for years,
    Thanks a mill, BaZmO* you where bang on with the tune id,
    many thanks.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JimSmash

There's two ads on Tonik at the minute, generally played back-to-back, and I'm looking for the name of the tune that's in both ads. Any suggestions? Much obliged!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFh347w04Vo&feature=related

Anyone know this one? I'm thinking its "Soma" but I could be completely wrong, really wanna get this track!

Sounds like Soma alright, getting mixed into Bot

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

Hi guys, i'm looking to id a track, it was played in a mix by slacker which was aired on 2fm back around october 2004, the vocals in the track are as follows:

I was run over by the truth one day, ever since the accident i've walked this way, so stick my legs in plaster, tell me lies, lies, lies.

OR if anyone has a link to where the mix could be downloaded that'd be excellent aswell. Any help appreciated.

Well guys any ideas as to where i'd locate this mix? I'd really love to get a hold of it again as my original recording has been long chewed up in a car tape head unit...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Well guys any ideas as to where i'd locate this mix? I'd really love to get a hold of it again as my original recording has been long chewed up in a car tape head unit...

I don't know the track you're looking for but I can tell you that Slacker sets are very hard to come across on the internets. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,522 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Hey guys, in the past 2 weeks I've heard a song on the radio and in a nightclub that had the tune to "Nalin and Kane - Beachball" and lyrics in it, a female singing, dont know exactly what the words were. I know it's not the best description but I'm guessing it could be a recent enough song giving that they were the only 2 times I've heard it, any ideas anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hey guys, in the past 2 weeks I've heard a song on the radio and in a nightclub that had the tune to "Nalin and Kane - Beachball" and lyrics in it, a female singing, dont know exactly what the words were. I know it's not the best description but I'm guessing it could be a recent enough song giving that they were the only 2 times I've heard it, any ideas anyone?

It's more than likely the Nalin & Kane remix of Lustral's "Everytime". Love when the bass kicks on this......

A lot of their remixes use the same (or similar) drum patterns but that's prob. their most famous remix. Let me know as it could be a few others, but I'd bet this is what you're looking for.

Oh, and not recent, it's from 1997 and was re-released in 1999 - both on Hooj.

• Advertisement

Or could be one of the many, many awful remixes of Beachball from last year.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,522 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Turns out it actually was the original, just the vocal extended mix! Strange though, heard it again tonight for a third time and before two weeks ago I had never heard that song.

Turns out it actually was the original, just the vocal extended mix! Strange though, heard it again tonight for a third time and before two weeks ago I had never heard that song.

Strange indeed! Yes, the original mixes were far better than the awful Tall Paul mix. From memory the original vocal was over 10 mins long.....

Check the Lustral track anyway though, if you like Beachball I'd say you'll like it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

looking for an ID to a track from 2006. heard it been played live twice by sander kleinenberg at morillo at oxegen. never could find the name. actually posted on this thread a few ears ago.

thoght of the track today for some reason, scrolled through youtube and ive found a small clip of it. well a 2min one. nobody knows the name on the comments.

its bohemian rhapsody remix kind of mixed with a goldfrap tune??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8AClyn4NDY&feature=related

anyone know?

Yep, it's Queen Machine by the Streetlife DJs.

Have it on vinyl somewhere. I doubt you'll find one now but you'll prob. find a download somewhere.......

If you like this, check their podcast (free on iTunes) - some fantastic mixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

that the one! thanks.. hadnt a clue who did it, ill check them out for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I tried to hear it but its just a beat to me with all the talking over it. Honestly don't think its possible to tell you what that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Thought there was a sticky for such but can't see it...

Anyway, can any of you guys tell me the name of the tune at 2.30?

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

:(
    I'm sure I heard it played in a club recently, thats just the intro, later it has female vocals, I think....I was under the influence at the time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

glaston wrote: »
    :(
    I'm sure I heard it played in a club recently, thats just the intro, later it has female vocals, I think....I was under the influence at the time!

Thanks for that?

Saw something on the net that suggest it might be called "Zulu" by Kalkbrenner himself.

Anyone know if he has a tune called that?

kraggy wrote: »
    Thanks for that?

Saw something on the net that suggest it might be called "Zulu" by Kalkbrenner himself.

Anyone know if he has a tune called that?

There's a track called Keule.........
    http://www.discogs.com/artist/Paul+Kalkbrenner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I know the quality is terrible but can anyone tell me the name of this track, it sounds familiar but I cant put my finger on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I know the quality is terrible but can anyone tell me the name of this track, it sounds familiar but I cant put my finger on it.
    Got it, brain fart moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

copeyhagen wrote: »
    its not the marionette tune im interested in, listen to the tune that kicks in at 5 mins on the buton.

holdens the fukin man

well i got the id for that one, r months later.

Lone - Explorers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Hoping for a bit of help with this.Work in a nightclub and there was a track playing one night. Its one of those songs thats a step up from pop but below most genres of dance. The chorus has a female vocalist singing "just called to say hello". Then hello is repeated a few times as the beat comes back in. Cheesy song but its wrecking my head that I can't find it. Hope it rings a bell

I got this a while back, it was Martin Solveig - hello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Hi all

I've been looking for a tune ID for years now.

From the mid-90s.

It contained a sample of a fax machine type sound

It is defo not "Fax You" by "KK System" or "Burning Vinyl"
    "Fax Me Up"

I thnik Mr. Spring might have had something to do with it but
    I can't be sure.

Please put me out of my misery!

It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't just quite remember.....however, I'm fairly certain someone already posted this question here if you're prepared to go through all the pages to find it....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't just quite remember.....however, I'm fairly certain someone already posted this question here if you're prepared to go through all the pages to find it....:)

I asked the same question here a few years ago, no luck. But if someone
    else asked it, I'll try to do a search through the forum.

Thanks for trying :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tr!p

Hey everybody!

need help finding an artists name!

So, i got this mixed CD from a friend well over a year ago, seeing as it was a mixed CD there was no names to the songs - the first track was this amazing IDM/Electronica style song, very lush and lovely

anyway, when I tried to ask him who made the song we soon found out that it was originally mislabeled as a Boards of Canada track (sherbet head, which it most defiantly is not)

so, if you guys could give it a listen and maybe see if you know who its by?

i've posted this on multiple other forums but to no avail, so hoping you guys might give it a nice honest Irish crack at it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h5x5h2pp3pe68kl

many thanks in advance...hopefully...

Advertisement