Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

tr!p wrote: »
    Hey everybody!

need help finding an artists name!

So, i got this mixed CD from a friend well over a year ago, seeing as it was a mixed CD there was no names to the songs - the first track was this amazing IDM/Electronica style song, very lush and lovely

anyway, when I tried to ask him who made the song we soon found out that it was originally mislabeled as a Boards of Canada track (sherbet head, which it most defiantly is not)

so, if you guys could give it a listen and maybe see if you know who its by?

i've posted this on multiple other forums but to no avail, so hoping you guys might give it a nice honest Irish crack at it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h5x5h2pp3pe68kl

many thanks in advance...hopefully...

No idea, sorry - might be worth trying this following site if you haven't already...

http://forum.watmm.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tr!p

No idea, sorry - might be worth trying this following site if you haven't already...

http://forum.watmm.com/

thanks a mil man, apologies for making a thread about this, i hadn't seen there was a dedicated thread about this already going

i'll check into this site and get back to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Anyone know the name of that tune on that ad on RTE1 i seen "if you drive on drugs you must be out of your mind" :eek::D a Drum & Bass tune i like it but don't know it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

^ Dapayk Solo - The little things you do

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭duffman90210

Really need to identify this song

http://soundcloud.com/cduffy2/track-09-3

It's on an album by DJ Taj Mahal called BBoy Party 2. It's an album of funk tracks, there's a Kool and the Gang song on it as well for example. Unfortunately, none of the tracks are named/credited.

Surely somebody recognises it!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭this is arse

i'm trying to find out the name of a track that i used hear a lot on club fm on the show that played classic dance on saturday afternoons, old skool/rave kind of tune from early to mid nineties, the intro starts out with a flute and then piano/keyboard joins in. whats unique about it is that it has no beat or drums. kind of chill out/come down/dreamy old skool dance sound to it but without a beat. the tune seems to revolve around the flute no lyrics either...

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

i'm trying to find out the name of a track that i used hear a lot on club fm on the show that played classic dance on saturday afternoons, old skool/rave kind of tune from early to mid nineties, the intro starts out with a flute and then piano/keyboard joins in. whats unique about it is that it has no beat or drums. kind of chill out/come down/dreamy old skool dance sound to it but without a beat. the tune seems to revolve around the flute no lyrics either...

Sounds like The Sabres Of Paradise - Smokebelch II (Beatless mix),

or Cosmic Baby Fantasia (Outro) version (cant find vid on Youtube)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Anyone ever hear a techno track real dark vocals sayin something like "i just wanna crazy baby". I know its a long shot heard it in Panarama bar place went mad.

Anything else to go on, club fm 106.4 back in the 90s?

i last heard it on club fm only about 18 months ago. reason i put this in is that i'm sure anyone who knows the show well would know. i know there's not much to go on but it is very unique in that it had a flute and no beat. never heard another tune like it. it's not sabres of paradise or Cosmic Baby Fantasia (Outro) but thanks anyway. it would be a little bit like the beatless mix of smokebelch except a bit faster and more happy and more ravey. maybe like the guy playing the flute had taken a few yolks. all suggestions are welcome..

i last heard it on club fm only about 18 months ago. reason i put this in is that i'm sure anyone who knows the show well would know. i know there's not much to go on but it is very unique in that it had a flute and no beat. never heard another tune like it. it's not sabres of paradise or Cosmic Baby Fantasia (Outro) but thanks anyway. it would be a little bit like the beatless mix of smokebelch except a bit faster and more happy and more ravey. maybe like the guy playing the flute had taken a few yolks. all suggestions are welcome..

It Could be THK-Feel So Good (Reprise)mix, can't find vid of that version on Youtube,

• Advertisement

It Could be THK-Feel So Good (Reprise)mix, can't find vid of that version on Youtube,

thanks, not it either though. wouldn't be this hard. maybe somewhere between this and smokebelch beatless mix but with no beat and no lyrics, main instrument is flute with piano/keyboard too. thinking might not track it down too easily...

smokebelch beatless would be downtempo, this would be loosely similar except uptempo/uplifting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Lookin for an i.d. off an old Billy Scurry tape I had. The tape was Billy Scurry September 93 #2. It would've been around the time he made the move from Sides to the Temple of Sound. Anyway it's a deadly bit of techno that builds and builds, has a brilliant break, then a sample that goes "what is techno" then it kicks back in with a deadly 303 line. Been lookin for the name of it for 17 years, trawled through youtube but came up blank. Any ideas???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Lookin for an i.d. off an old Billy Scurry tape I had. The tape was Billy Scurry September 93 #2. It would've been around the time he made the move from Sides to the Temple of Sound. Anyway it's a deadly bit of techno that builds and builds, has a brilliant break, then a sample that goes "what is techno" then it kicks back in with a deadly 303 line. Been lookin for the name of it for 17 years, trawled through youtube but came up blank. Any ideas???

Maybe he could tell you himself? http://soundcloud.com/billyscurry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

ianuss wrote: »
    Maybe he could tell you himself? http://soundcloud.com/billyscurry

Hopefully he can. Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Anyome know a song where in the video for it is two miniature indians dancing and there's a bigger person watching them?

I know the melody just need the track ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

seanbmc wrote: »
    Anyome know a song where in the video for it is two miniature indians dancing and there's a bigger person watching them?

I know the melody just need the track ID.

Wouldn't be Eric Prydz - Pjanoo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llfNRGQ7Tlg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Yeah that's it :D

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30p-ZMTn-Gw

Can anyone name the song at 1 min 20 sec ?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

I've been trying to track down this ID for a couple of days and have had no luck with tracklists for the set but I know I should know it, clip is only 30 seconds but its enough for anyone who knows it. Thanks in advance

I knew I had it somewhere, Anodyne - Corrosion (Black Dog Remix)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Yell0 Man

another one for yis crappy quality but must get the name!

Fritz Kalkbrenner - Kings In Exile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLuMHNDzd_w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 simmyholds

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Surprisingly enough it's called "Hideaway" and it's by DeLacy.

B.

I've been looking for this tune too but it's NOT De'Lacy's version of hideaway.

Hideaway, lets find a place where we can hideaway, whooooooaaaaaaaa ooooooaaaaaa oooohhh

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=071_1295144727

anyone know the track at 1:13?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Cianh

Anyone know the name of the tune playing from 4.40 onwards?

Cheers
    Cian

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

simmyholds wrote: »
    I've been looking for this tune too but it's NOT De'Lacy's version of hideaway.

Hideaway, lets find a place where we can hideaway, whooooooaaaaaaaa ooooooaaaaaa oooohhh

Kelli Rich's "Hideaway". Anyone for cheese? :)
    Have it somewhere on vinyl and cd single...very sad I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

Hi folks, there was a track played tonight (Fri 29th April) around half eleven on Radio na Gaeltachta's The Other Side shoe, its by Steffi Lynn and its called Sadness, anyone know where I could listen to it online? Can't seem to find any info on it online

Hi folks, there was a track played tonight (Fri 29th April) around half eleven on Radio na Gaeltachta's The Other Side shoe, its by Steffi Lynn and its called Sadness, anyone know where I could listen to it online? Can't seem to find any info on it online

Is this it?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

Cianh wrote: »

Nice one thanks for that

• Advertisement

Its a good tune, is that show on from eleven on a fri? who does it?

Advertisement