Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

kano476 wrote:
    does anyone know what the tune from the dancing citroen c4 ad is? and is that the original or a new mix because i know its an older tune.

It's called "jaque your body" - by les rhythm digitales
    jdempsey wrote:
    GEMM are like an intermediary. It may be better (and cheaper) to contact the seller directly to arrange purchase

OK. I take it it's ok to do that so? I'll give it a bash.

Cheers,

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

BaZmO* wrote:
    OK. I take it it's ok to do that so? I'll give it a bash.
    Cheers,B.

Let us know how you get on because it is by far the most impressive listing I've ever seen. It's coming up with results for things don't appear in Google, Discogs or HTFR combined.

Reminds me of eBay and Paypal in its own way but never heard anything about this until now.

Bri wrote:
    Let us know how you get on because it is by far the most impressive listing I've ever seen. It's coming up with results for things don't appear in Google, Discogs or HTFR combined.

Reminds me of eBay and Paypal in its own way but never heard anything about this until now.

I've just ordered something from them now. It was through their Green Shield guarantee so it mean't the payment is processed through Gemm and not the seller so the seller doesn't have access to your credit card details, which is a plus. Gemm take a 15% surcharge which in this case is only 15% of $7.00 which is nothing really.
    Hopefully all goes well!! :confused:

B.

If it all goes well I could see myself burning all my cash through Gemm!

Bri wrote:
    If it all goes well I could see myself burning all my cash through Gemm!

Yeah same here. I just had a look for another track that I've looking for ages and there's about 10 copies of it!!! :eek: :eek:

B.

• Advertisement

I'm also slightly skeptical that it's too good to be true.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

xtrabass wrote:
    Could be "In-Vader" by Kool World Productions (Tall Paul's Lush Mix) on Kool World records from 1995.....

Its actually called "Big Time" and its by That Kid Chris. Another Temple Of Sound classic!

Thanks all btw for answer re Drum Track Melody, must go get it now!

I have bought plenty of music on gemm and never had a bad experience. Its worth checking the track details though for the copies the seller has and I sometimes email them first to confirm label, mix etc. I do tend to stick to the gemm approved sellers so cant really say about the others. I have bought records from all over europe on gemm, Germany can be great for old classics.

Good to hear. Thanks.

jdempsey wrote:
    This is 100% without a doubt - Subliminal Cuts "Drum Track Melody". Rock hard to find by the way...

http://www.discogs.com/release/72760

Bought a copy on gemm this morning, $14. Thanks for the help.

Another site that I have picked up lots of classics for reasonable money is:

www.replayrecords.com They are in the UK somewhere. Unlike HTFR, they only list tracks that they have in stock. Very good store with fast shipping etc. Its always worth double checking on discogs first that you have the correct mix etc - I apply this to all online buying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 elin86

I think the tune is some kind of remix of seven drunken nights by the Dubliners, but I’m not sure. It´s not the version by the dubliners because that one is too slow. I’ve found a version with flogging molly, but that one also too slow. A part of the lyrics goes; ....you’re drunk you’re drunk you’re silly old fool still you cannot see.............a hundred miles or more........

A friend of mine said it’s completely new and was released in May 2004 but I’m sure he is wrong. It has been played in pubs (I don’t think this version is played in pubs with traditional music) in Ennis and Dublin as far as I know, but since everyone starts to sing when they hear it, it’s probably played all over Ireland.
    The song is really really fast and I love it.
    I just want to know if it is the seven drunken nights and what artist. Or if I’m wrong, what the **** it is I’m looking for.

thanks a million// elin

Have been looking for this track for years but don't know the name. Its from around 93 or 94 and has a guy saying during and at the beginning - "what is this thing called house". I have it on an old Sasha mix tape from back then and have wanted that track ever since! Any help appreciated.

The track you're looking for is House Stompin' (Big Bump Mix) by Bump.

It appeared on Sasha and Digweed's first Renaissance mix CD.

B.

I actually have that track, Bump - House Stompin and its not that.

Felixdhc wrote:
    I actually have that track, Bump - House Stompin and its not that.

Well you've got me stumped, because the Bump track meets all the criteria that you mentioned!!

B.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Well you've got me stumped, because the Bump track meets all the criteria that you mentioned!!

B.

On the Brothers in Rhythm Essential mix they mix in the track I am talking about over Bump, on the Renaissance mix CD and on the 12" of Bump the vocals I mention do not appear at all. Unless on the Sasha mix tape I have he has simply mixed the vocals I mention over another track in which case I have no hope of finding it! The search goes on...

Well then in that case the track you're looking for is "Rock The Discotek" by Ramp.

B.

Sounds a bit like it, had a listen on HTFR but def doesnt have the vocals that go through it - rock the discotek. Must be a B side or something to it.
    Thanks for the help.

I'm determined to get this one. I have the two tracks at home on 12". So I'll dig them out when I get home and have a listen.

B.

Another one from that same Sasha tape!

Again male vocals, this time in a preaching type way saying the words from Amazing Grace

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote:
    I'm determined to get this one. I have the two tracks at home on 12". So I'll dig them out when I get home and have a listen.

B.

Excellent, thanks, its one of those tracks I have wanted for such a long time! (well, over 10 years!)

Felixdhc wrote:
    Another one from that same Sasha tape!

Again male vocals, this time in a preaching type way saying the words from Amazing Grace

I get the impression you generally know what your talking about so this may be sweet FA help to you - but there's the complete tracklisting for the (rerelase) of that Renaissance mix CD (http://www.discogs.com/release/338374) incase it helps.

Just finished getting through my collection and I found it and as always, it was in the last pile I went through!! :rolleyes:

It's "House Stompin" and it's on a 12" by Bump X Ramp (that's where I got the Ramp idea from! But it is the same Ramp that done "Rock the Discotek") on Good Boy Records.

The one in the link is the one I have and "The Big Bump Dub" is the track you're talking about. There's definitely a guy saying "what is this thing called house" throughout the song.

B.

Bri wrote:
    I get the impression you generally know what your talking about so this may be sweet FA help to you - but there's the complete tracklisting for the (rerelase) of that Renaissance mix CD (http://www.discogs.com/release/338374) incase it helps.

Thanks Bri but I have that CD. I have several old mix tapes that I am trying to find track names from, early nineties stuff mainly.

Discogs is great, have started listing my vinyl collection on it.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Just finished getting through my collection and I found it and as always, it was in the last pile I went through!! :rolleyes:

It's "House Stompin" and it's on a 12" by Bump X Ramp (that's where I got the Ramp idea from! But it is the same Ramp that done "Rock the Discotek") on Good Boy Records.

The one in the link is the one I have and "The Big Bump Dub" is the track you're talking about. There's definitely a guy saying "what is this thing called house" throughout the song.

B.

Is always the way finding a record, quite often I get through them all without finding the one I want, only to find it where I started looking!

Thanks for going to all that trouble to get the name. Hopefully I can get it somewhere now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

I cant find out what the name of this tune is, here's some of the lyrics if anyone can help me

I never learned to dance this way and i dont know how to move
    with the beat kickin high and the beat kickin low . . .
    id rather learn to dance with you like with you like we did cheek to cheek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 xtreme00

Hi can someone please help me does anyone know the name of the dance tune on the visit befast add on tv dance trance tune sounds like an opera tune believe it was first released in 1999?Thank email me if you can speeder232@yahoo.com
    some words in it i think open you eyes or so?

Hi can someone please help me does anyone know the name of the dance tune or dj on the visit befast add on tv dance trance tune sounds like an opera tune believe it was first released in 1999?Thank email me if you can speeder232@yahoo.com
    some words in it i think open you eyes or so?

Hi can someone please help me does anyone know the name of the dance tune on the visit befast add on tv dance trance tune sounds like an opera tune believe it was first released in 1999?Thank email me if you can speeder232@yahoo.com
    some words in it i think open you eyes or so?[/QUOTE

• Advertisement

Rave Allstars Hardcore feelings is the name of the dance tune by Rave Allstars
    The Fitz wrote:
    I cant find out what the name of this tune is, here's some of the lyrics if anyone can help me

I never learned to dance this way and i dont know how to move
    with the beat kickin high and the beat kickin low . . .
    id rather learn to dance with you like with you like we did cheek to cheek

Advertisement