Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any installations of ADSL yet.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'm gonna go ahead and order the Solo package. One question however, currently the phone line socket I use for 56k dial up is in the next room. I drilled a hole in the wall to feed through the telephone wire.

Anyway, if I go ahead with the ADSL package I will be using it on a different phone line, the socket of which is downstairs. Now, rather than feeding a **** load of wire from downstairs up to my room, is it possible for the Eircom dude to install the line anywhere in the house or does it have to be at/nearby the telephone socket of the line that he is installing it on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Not an Eiromc dude ,TE contractor
    while he was waiting he ran a line from my hall to my kitchen (i had it kinda half assed done ) he laid new wire and tacked it and put a double box beside the PC in case i wanted to get a phone beside the PC.
    Which was very nice of him.
    Suppose you could ask .
    Kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Quorthon

Originally posted by TinCool
    I'm gonna go ahead and order the Solo package. One question however, currently the phone line socket I use for 56k dial up is in the next room. I drilled a hole in the wall to feed through the telephone wire.

Anyway, if I go ahead with the ADSL package I will be using it on a different phone line, the socket of which is downstairs. Now, rather than feeding a **** load of wire from downstairs up to my room, is it possible for the Eircom dude to install the line anywhere in the house or does it have to be at/nearby the telephone socket of the line that he is installing it on ?

Tincool

I have generally found the Eircom engineers to be relatively helpful and almost apologetic for the goons back in sales etc. When I got ISDN installed my main phone line came in downstairs in the hall. I had it wired up to various phones around the house, but my PC is upstairs in the back bedroom. When the engineer came he was very helpful - he actually re-routed the phone line around under the eaves of the house and drilled in through the back wall of the bedroom (in order to do this he had to get me a new length of line and connect it at the telegraph pole). He then connected the ISDN when it was installed to the old phone wires (so I still have extensions all over the house, only this time its connected from upstairs/down as opposed to downstairs/up, if you see what I mean :)).

He also didnt charge me for any of this, even though on installations the fee only covers something like the first 20 minutes and he was there for 1 hour.

See, Eircom actually do have some very good people, who are hampered by a bunch of nitwits.

Q

Advertisement