Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2fm breaking news; roy is not going to japan

• 28-05-2002 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭

Keane thanks people for their support, but he say the damage has been done-he won't be going to the World cup-encourages people to get behind the team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

It was just confirmed on 2fm that Roy Keane will not be with the boys in green in the world cup. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭jd

Full Statement Text:
    "In the interests of all genuine supporters of Irish football I believe that the time has now arrived when I

should bring to a conclusion the continuing speculation with regard to my participation in the World Cup and for the players to concentrate fully on their preparations for the competition free from all further

distraction.
    "Whilst I appreciate all the support which I have received and all the efforts which have been made by a

number of people on behalf of all the parties involved in this unfortunate matter, I do not consider that the

best interests of Irish football will be served by my returning to the World Cup. The damage has been done. I wish the team and the management all the best and they will have my full support throughout the competition. I urge all the people of Ireland to give their entire support to the team. I do not feel that

any useful purpose will be served by my making any further comment."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This from www.ireland.com
    Several hundred people are understood to have gathered in protest outside the FAI headquarters in Merrion Square. One person is understood to have been arrested after throwing an egg. More to follow...

Then please let that be the end of it.

Can't wait till Friday!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭cheeky_monkey

All he had to do was apologise for the language he used. Why the **** could he not do that? Yeah, yeah so there's so much drama now. He'll never get another chance to play in the WC. What a stupid, proud ****er.

Roy Keane? **** him in the ear! And those FAI itinerants too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It wasnt about pride, if he went back now it would cause even more upset to the training/preparation schedule.

As he said, it was in Irelands best interests that he stayed home.

Why he couldnt have just said that 2 days ago I dunno.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

It is a real shame that he will be absent for the WC, it will be interesting to see what events will follow after Ireland get knocked out.

They have a chance of getting through the first round, I think much of that chance depends on Saturdays Game.

All there is left to say is gl Ireland.

Advertisement