Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

login-in Inside the thread

Options
  • 28-05-2002 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

what about being able to login in the thread when you click "post reply"??

i.e.

-Name
    -Pass
    -Subject
    -Message icon
    etc.
    etc.
    all this instead of having to go through the extra page:
    **vBulletin Message **
    *You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    *You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.

Your User Name:
    Want to register?
    Your Password:
    Forgotten your password?

this method is fearly effective on the forums i have visited.
    the current method of logging in in a seperate page may take a fair while to do with 56k, and there is also the risk of losing what you have written(as i just done, but luckily had it copied).
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

wasnt this the way it was back in ubb??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

As you're on the subject....

When you are logging into boards, you are given a screen with two text boxes. Generally when logging into anything you enter your username, press tab and then enter your password. Except here! Here you have to press tab twice, because the next tabstop after the username is a link to another page.

Very annoying that!

Zab.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Zab
    As you're on the subject....

When you are logging into boards, you are given a screen with two text boxes. Generally when logging into anything you enter your username, press tab and then enter your password. Except here! Here you have to press tab twice, because the next tabstop after the username is a link to another page.

Very annoying that!

Zab.

That's a browser issue. IE will automatically tab to links. Download Opera (yes I love pimping that browser :D), and all your problems will be solved. Don't even consider getting Netscape. Ugh.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Hmm... didn't think about that. I stopped using Opera a good few versions ago because it crashed out every ten minutes or so... but I may try out their latest offering.

Still though, the vast majority of people use IE ( especially post Netscape 4.x ), so its an easy fix that makes a lot of sense.

Zab.

Advertisement