Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A simple question

• 20-07-2001 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

hey, i didn't really know where to stick this one but here it is:

does anyone know the name of the .exe for windows screen saver. I mainly want this so i can call it up, password protected so ille pudgy fingers can't **** with my computer. etc.

The only thing i found so far was this screen which calls up a black screen type thing with pw. kinda screen saver but its not what i'm looking for.

I'm running Win98, not SE.

Cheers,
    Gideon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

set up your screensaver as usual with the password etc. set it to something like 60mins or something thats not going to **** you off when ur reading something etc....

screensavers are located in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM. they are .scr files. just pick the one you want right-click and choose 'create shortcut'. then move this shortcut to your desktop and when u click on it, your screensaver comes up with password.

i invented '.com'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ya that ill do pig...

not excatly what i was looking for cos i know there is a general .exe that opens your default screen saver...maybe it was a seprate program to windows? i dunno.

anyways,

that ill do pig...

smile.gif

Advertisement