Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

timed shutdown prg

• 16-07-2001 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

In what sense?

You could use task sheduler?

Could try Automate.

and there was another program which I can't remember the name frown.gif But it used to look for idle time and then shut your machine down (was used to do long downloads where you wanted to go to bed).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

GetRight.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Nah, with getright I think you can only shut down at the end of a download, get 'shut down now' It'll shut down at a set time every day or whatever way you want it and it doesn't care what programs are running etc. Some of these programs won't shut down if for example an error window pops up of any type in windows but this one does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Kali is right getright will do the job you are asking for Ian, but i was bored today so i said hay, why dont i just slap together a program that does what you are looking for. so i did smile.gif.

you can download if from http://dahomelands.net/shutdown/
    and on the off chance that dahomelands.net is *cough*not working*cough* u can email me
    for a copy of it. paul.kelly[a]dahomelands.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

thx paul will get it now . hows da job ??? what ya at ?? e-mail me some time will ya

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

just wondering where i can find one ?

• Advertisement

thx flame . looks nice . ill tell ya how it works .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Ian a newer version of afore mentioned program is now availabe from the same link above. i ironed out a few bugs and added some much needed functionality like stopping the timer and all that. it doesnt freeze either smile.gif . Was real easy fix, shouldve thought of it before, but silly me.

Advertisement