Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

split between two people?

Options
  • 29-05-2002 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody ever been put in a situation before where they had to choose between two people, both of whom they like but has been told by one of them to choose!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

yup. not pretty.

go with what makes you feel best.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Glitz

Originally posted by Unregistered
    .... but has been told by one of them to choose!!!!

u sudnt hav to choose, the 2nd person is kinda bein unfair makin u choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Sure. No-win situation. Whichever you decide upon, you'll regret it later.

However, might I suggest that if you're not involved with either romantically, then get rid of the one who’s forcing the issue and making this demand (bad sign in the long run). If, on the other hand, you are involved with both or only the one who’s forcing the issue romantically, again get rid of him/her - he/she knows about the other person and is still willing to let you resolve it. If you show him/her the high road, he/she’ll just come back for more abuse before long.

Still, as I said, whichever you decide upon, you'll regret it later.

[edit]I’m assuming that we’re discussing a romantic triangle here - otherwise ignore my post and tell the individual telling you to decide between two friends to p1ss off.[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You lucky beggar!

Just a thought, how about having a period of no contact or a small break away from things? Clear your head a little maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Replace the one thats making you decide with someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i hold the same views as glitz but in addition i would like to say the same as yellum. he/she sudnt hav put u in the situation in the first place. they were being abit selfish but..........on ur behalf, have you kept the second person in the dim? ur also being are selfish by doin so. ask yourself why are u with number 2 in the first place and why u and number 1 didnt work out!

sounds to me you want your cake and to eat it all at the same time, which is impossible. YOU must figure out what u want first before you can make any step on movin forward, maybe a break from EVERYBODY for a period of time to "sort" urself out

i dnt mean to sound nasty but im only speakin from experience
    hope all goes well

HuZzAr!
    ~*~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

I had to choose between to people about 5 weeks ago. I made the wrong choice.... I really resented the person to make me choose(in the end I didn't choose her).
    Its crap when an issue is forced on you. It made things more serious then they should have been and applied too much pressure. Thats why things didn't work out mainly...

Damit I hate when two beautiful ladies both like you and make you choose.... especially when they are best mates and there is no way of getting them both simualtaneously....

Solution: "I don't really have one. The only adive I can give is don't make a choice because you were told to... That is the best thing I can tell you to do. Remember there is another option.... Neither of them"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

You shouldn't be going with two people in the first place. The person who's making you choose should drop you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Baldy

Read the post ffs lads. Unreggie never said he was going out with the people. He just said that he was asked to choose between to "people" hes "like" not loves. So useless he says so then thats unsubstantial evidence.

I personally think that you should tell the person thats making you choose to fu<l< off.

best of luck
    Reggie

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Whoever is making you choose should be told to get over it! He/She should respect the fact that you are in the middle of what I can only presume is their disagreement.

• Advertisement
Advertisement